Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
    • Hoptimus

New TAG Site goes LIVE MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th   02/22/18

New TAG Site goes LIVE MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th!   If you can't see it flush your browser cache and/or flush dns.   Join the REDDIT here   https://www.reddit.com/r/TAG_theadultgamer/   And our DISCORD   https://discord.gg/c4Pk6BA  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mayhem23

New Halo maps available!

They're up now and being d/l by me as we speak. I don't have to go to work till 4, so if anyone wants to play during the day, hit me up.

Unfortunately Mayhem, I don't get home until 5 est so I can't, but I'll be firing away on those new maps tonight if anyone wants to join me.

P.S. - give impressions if you can!

I have changed my AV in honor of the new maps! :D

I'm still debating getting them or not. I know its only 4$

Just shut up and BUY BUY BUY!

(I mean, $4 really is a pretty fair price when you think about it, imho)

Hmmm I am quite impressed that bungie are still supporting Halo2 with maps like 2/3 years after the release. I personaly will not be picking them up. For some reason playing Halo does not work well with my HD TV. anything that is in shade is practically black even with the brightness turned up full on the TV set. This does happen with alot of games but it can be fixed by adjusting the in game brightness, Halo 2 on the other hand does not have an option to adjust the in game brightness(that I have found anyway) so it makes the game unplayable :D. So I am going to pass on getting the new maps.

Hmmm I am quite impressed that bungie are still supporting Halo2 with maps like 2/3 years after the release. I personaly will not be picking them up. For some reason playing Halo does not work well with my HD TV. anything that is in shade is practically black even with the brightness turned up full on the TV set. This does happen with alot of games but it can be fixed by adjusting the in game brightness, Halo 2 on the other hand does not have an option to adjust the in game brightness(that I have found anyway) so it makes the game unplayable ;). So I am going to pass on getting the new maps.

I get image burning and weird textures on my LCD tv sometimes...but it doesn't make it unplayable. I've been playing H2 ever since watched some MLG games on video on demand, and I'm having a blast.

I hear that the new maps will kill you if you try and super-jump beyond the boundaries--that is awesome. They should add that to all the other maps imo.

The Maps are very nicely made, and Tombstone has some surprises added in... We need to fill up a room tonight...

I just ran around them by myself in a closed room - Desolation doesn't seem all that great to me - a rounded room with a couple air lifts on either side - sort of like Warlock.

Tombstone is really cool - raised platforms, a hidden room or two, every weapon (except the rocket launcher) that I could find. I never played Hang Em High, so I don't know how it compares. Good times to be had I think. Too bad it'll take a week to get em into matchmaking.

ill hop on too once I get my CD on the way home. Hopefully there is room in a game for me tonight =P

i had some time this morning before work so i downloaded the maps and spent about 5 minutes running around each of them.

tombstone is awesome! a lot of it is the familiarity from H1 but i really like the changes that they made to update it. (mayhem- the rocket launcher is at the opposite end of the canal from the overshield). should be a fun map for 1 flag CTF and slayer.

not as impressed with desolation but i can still see it being fun for classic CTF and slayer gametypes. the lifts will make it interesting and there are backside ramps up to each base on the upper level.

see you all on tonight! i think i'll be on around 8pm eastern.

EDIT: i'm hearing that there is a "death line" at the top of the new maps. no super jumpers!

Bah! I can't download them. I'm getting the installation failed error.

Apparently, they were pulled from the server because of the Silver account glitch that allowed people to download them for free.

Apparently, they were pulled from the server because of the Silver account glitch that allowed people to download them for free.

Well, they better fix that shit before I get home or else I may :'(

-Oside

Well, they better fix that shit before I get home or else I may :'(

-Oside

ditto

I guess its Naruto tonight for me. The maps got pulled. Official Xbox line is "Try in 24 hours." nice job assholes...

I guess its Naruto tonight for me. The maps got pulled. Official Xbox line is "Try in 24 hours." nice job assholes...

damn that sucks. i guess the rest of us got them downloaded before they pulled them.

I have to say that I like the new maps (and had an absolute blast playing H2 again), but Desolation needs a BR start. It's not that big, but it's wide open, and having an SMG is just no good.

Tombstone played very well and, although I didn't play it, I think CTF would be fun on it.

I have to say that I like the new maps (and had an absolute blast playing H2 again), but Desolation needs a BR start. It's not that big, but it's wide open, and having an SMG is just no good.

Tombstone played very well and, although I didn't play it, I think CTF would be fun on it.

yeah, i had about the same opinions. tombstone is very fun in just about every game type although i'm hearing things today (like invisible walls) that could spoil the map.

desolation definitely needs a BR start and i think it is too big for 4v4 or 8 man FFA (which they claim is why they built it). they should have kept it about the size of the original derelict map. kind of disappointed in this map.

Desolation feels like Wizard without the fog and moss, I'm not a big fan of it. I love Tombstone though, I can't wait to play some CTF or Team King on it tonight.