Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
    • Hoptimus

New TAG Site goes LIVE MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th   02/22/18

New TAG Site goes LIVE MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th!   If you can't see it flush your browser cache and/or flush dns.   Join the REDDIT here   https://www.reddit.com/r/TAG_theadultgamer/   And our DISCORD   https://discord.gg/c4Pk6BA  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOIREbass

BETA IMPRESSIONS

There is one thing I don't like about the beta (also didn't like the same thing in Halo 2). I hate how you can't hear your teammates talking unless you are close to them. It kinda ruins the social experience of playing with people from TAG if you can't talk to anyone. Yes, I know you can hit the d-pad to say something to everyone but, it's kinda hard to carry on a conversation when you have to hit the d-pad every few seconds. I'm not in to the strategy of the game, just want to socialize with TAG members. I think everyone here might agree that sometime the conversations we have are just as fun as the game itself.

I hated that in halo 2, it was one of the main reasons I quit playing.

Well, as I am not really a fan of the halo games... I am still not going to get it... but my poor 360 has been gathering dust for a while now so....

I am probably going to jump on... something that comes out soon... I hope (if I can afford it)

I like it. I dont feel that its too cluttered. I kinda did at first, but then I remembered how in Halo2 you could spawn, not find a weapon within 10 seconds, then get raped while your only holding an SMG, then respawn just to have it happen again. Its not that it happened all the time, but it would happen enough sometimes to drive me crazy. If I can grab a weapon quickly after spawning, I wont have to worry if I run into someone right away.

I've never used the bubble shield yet....never used the shield drain thing either. I picked up the laser once but died before shooting it, and I've only thrown one spike 'nade. Its seemed cool, but I'm not completely sure how it works. It stuck to a rock and then exploded like 3 seconds later.

Fun game, the more I play the more I like it. Loved Halo, didn't care for Halo2 but I am hopeful for Halo3. I play so much RS:V and GRAW2 that the H3 style of gameplay throws me off. Hope to see more TAGgers out there. Good games last night.

I played Halo 2 using the Boxer controls, so I threw grenades with the B button and could melee with L Trigger. I dont want to switch it around for Halo 3 because of how the dual wielding and reloads work now. I'm gettin better, but I've lost alot of kills and got killed while playing because I throw punches instead of nades.

Ok so after a little more time with it and really taking my time to look at the maps last night I just have to say that anyone complaining about the poor graphics needs to get their ass to lens crafters!

I think the game is freakin beautiful. All the subtle details like the glass floors in the bases, the snow, the water in the rivers. What the hell were these guys expecting??

Yeah, I never got into Halo 2, but I've really enjoyed the little bit of the beta I've played. For noobs like me, the pace is a little overwhelming since I find myself running away so much, i never really have a chance to learn where stuff is. And I'm a total noob when it comes to these strange gametypes.

That said, big thanks to Shellz et. al for getting me in a room last night. It's totally amazing how much better a game like Halo is for someone like me when it's a friendly crowd. I had a blast, and look forward to many more nights of this.

BTW...had some issues with my mic last night, so sorry I was soooo quiet. Think I got it worked out though.

I never cared to much for Halol 2 , but this game rocks.It seems to be set up better.I definitly love the rides and the guns on them..So who wants to drive me around tonight.

I'm getting my butt handed to me but its kind of fun. I liked Halo2 when it first came out but I quickly lost interest. Hopefully Halo3 will last longer for me.

I'm having a really hard time getting into matches. It takes FOREVER to find people to play with and for some reason my connection to XBL keeps dropping. Once I finally get into a game I don't have any problems if everyone uses the party option and sticks around. Anyone else having problems finding games?

So who wants to drive me around tonight.

Oh I see, ditching my driving skillz for someone else huh? I see how it is :-(

Great games last night - I think we had a full room most of the night, and it was a blast. I have no doubt I will be on every evening for the next 3 weeks :-) Its gonna really hurt when this is taken away until September though!

I like it. I dont feel that its too cluttered. I kinda did at first, but then I remembered how in Halo2 you could spawn, not find a weapon within 10 seconds, then get raped while your only holding an SMG, then respawn just to have it happen again. Its not that it happened all the time, but it would happen enough sometimes to drive me crazy. If I can grab a weapon quickly after spawning, I wont have to worry if I run into someone right away.

Ditto for me. As a noob, I really like that there are more power weapons around.

I've never used the bubble shield yet....never used the shield drain thing either. I picked up the laser once but died before shooting it, and I've only thrown one spike 'nade. Its seemed cool, but I'm not completely sure how it works. It stuck to a rock and then exploded like 3 seconds later.

I've used them all (I think), but the only one I've actually turned to my advantage is the spike grenade. I'm kinda at the point where I can think of good places to use the special equipment, but I'm not good enough to actually do it. Especially the EMP burst - I can see where that would be really useful. EMP + grenade = quad kill ... someday.

I think the game is freakin beautiful. All the subtle details like the glass floors in the bases, the snow, the water in the rivers. What the hell were these guys expecting??

Exactly! When you jump in Snowbound, you kick up a little puff of snow! How cool is that? And when you die in the river on Valhalla, you float downstream! Awesome!

I never cared to much for Halol 2 , but this game rocks.It seems to be set up better.I definitly love the rides and the guns on them..So who wants to drive me around tonight.

I'll be there fo' sho' (barring a veto from the boss here at home).

I'm having a really hard time getting into matches. It takes FOREVER to find people to play with and for some reason my connection to XBL keeps dropping. Once I finally get into a game I don't have any problems if everyone uses the party option and sticks around. Anyone else having problems finding games?

Seems to be a problem with the beta - the servers were acting goofy quite a bit yesterday and there were long stretches when you couldn't start a game or it took forever.

..So who wants to drive me around tonight.

I'll be there again tonight chip. as long as you don't mind the ocassional roll over or me being and idiot and thinking "ohhh yeah. I can jump that!" :)

I think its really cool that you can see what weapons someone is carrying.

Moreso, that when a guy has the sniper but its not equiped, you can see him carrying it on his back.

My biggest surprise was Valhalla. I was thinking great, another Blood Gulch, getting sniped helpless from across the map, but the middle hill and various geometry really breaks it up. The man cannon, mongooses, and hog really make getting around a non-issue. Had a blast playing bomb on it, looking forward to ctf.

The game looks wonderful imo and the gameplay is great. Feels like a lot less spray 'n pray.

I have been having a blast playing the Beta. I described it to a friend as somewhere between H1 and H2. Hope to see y'all there.

if anyone is playing this after 3am eastern time, let me know. I've been getting out of work around 2, 3, or 4am lately and I've been wanting to play be theres never anyone on.

I am very addicted to this game. Maybe it's because it's a limited time only, or I don't suck as badly as I do in Halo 2, or it's so fantastic, but I even when I lose, I still can't get enough of it.

The maps are fantastic and it's just plain fun. Can't wait until we can play custom 16 player Spartan laser matches or huge VIP games.

Thanks Bungie!

Oh I pretty much suck at this game, but I'm having a great time with it. The only real problem I've had is when people drop from your team game leaving you 4 on 2 or 3. With my crappy skills that usual equals a pretty bad beatdown :D

if anyone is playing this after 3am eastern time, let me know. I've been getting out of work around 2, 3, or 4am lately and I've been wanting to play be theres never anyone on.

Hey Tad, I'll let Salmon know you are on then. He gets home from work anywhere between 11pm to 1AM PST - and would like to play, but as you said no one is ever on then.

Oh I pretty much suck at this game, but I'm having a great time with it.

ditto that. I too suck but am having a blast playing it. for some reason though I'm doing a lot better at this than I ever did with Halo 2.

Oh I pretty much suck at this game, but I'm having a great time with it.

ditto that. I too suck but am having a blast playing it. for some reason though I'm doing a lot better at this than I ever did with Halo 2.

Me too! I think it's because they threw a bunch more weapons on the maps.

Hey Tad, I'll let Salmon know you are on then. He gets home from work anywhere between 11pm to 1AM PST - and would like to play, but as you said no one is ever on then.

Cool, please do. I dont think hes on my players list anymore cuz I've been playing the beta so much, but I made some room on my list again so I can get him on there now. I'll try to send him a fr tonight actually.