Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
    • Hoptimus

New TAG Site goes LIVE MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th   02/22/18

New TAG Site goes LIVE MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th!   If you can't see it flush your browser cache and/or flush dns.   Join the REDDIT here   https://www.reddit.com/r/TAG_theadultgamer/   And our DISCORD   https://discord.gg/c4Pk6BA  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOIREbass

BETA IMPRESSIONS

so those who have played the beta , what do you think? do you like the minor tweeks, was it what you expected, how the new weapons????

i likE the game, got bored of haLo2 but this will be fun for a while, and especially when it is fully released with more maps and weapons.

my new favorite weapon is the spiker, seems to pretty powerfull, and nothing like getting somebody with the lazer canon thing. also had good times with teh bubble sheild. I also like the new vehicle, cant remember the name, but nothign like haulin ass into a battle then jumping off to get into a fire fight, plus the save video thing is the shit. i wasnt expecting the graphics to blow me away, it looks like halo. all in all i am happy and cannt wait for the full verson, especcially some single player action.

I was really surprised how good the graphics are. I think everyone needs to load up Halo2 and be reminded just how different the two games are.

Everyone was expecting another Gears but its all relative. It's a progression. Gears looks fantastic because it was new but for everyone whos played the unreal games it's impressive but it still just looks like a progression of that look.

I only got to play one round this morning before work (I had to leave my download going over night last night). It was a fun round of VIP on Valhala and I managed to kill the VIP twice, so I guess it was a good round.

The water looks good, the man cannon is cool (but is not a new concept for Halo so I dunno why it's being made into a bid deal) and I only got to play with the bubble shield briefly.

Films are a godsend and should have been included back in Halo 1. Myth:TFL had films and was the pre-cursor to Halo (yep, the very early versions of Halo were based on the Myth engine) and those films were awesome. We used to have Myth film repositories and it was always fun to share your pwnage with others. I'm glad the idea is back.

Graphics are good, not awesome (as has been reported a zillion times) and bodies float down the stream. That's kinda morbid/funny.

For the next couple of weeks, I'll be playing this for sure, but it's not going to be the only game I play until the beta is over, that's for sure.

For the next couple of weeks, I'll be playing this for sure, but it's not going to be the only game I play until the beta is over, that's for sure.

I'm with you. 3 maps is just enough to get me burned out on Halo 3 pretty quickly.

Graphics are good, not awesome (as has been reported a zillion times)

Ya know this kind of surprises me. This is supposed to be the flagship title, so I would expect people to really demand the best. Just look at all the flak Forza has been receiving b/c the graphics aren't whate people expected out of that title.

I am by no means a graphics whore - give me gameplay first and great graphics are a bonus. I'm curious what others think on this matter.

Does this just say something about the power of the Halo series that people are willing to look past graphics?

Do people think it's just the beta and the end results will be much better?

Is it just that the gameplay is so good graphics concerns aren't very important?

I think it's fantastic. Maybe an overabundance of weapons (can someone explain the purpose of the brute spiker to me?). I wish we could put more people in a room in the beta and we experienced some weird issues last night with not being able to start any games.

Graphics are an upgrade and all the new gadgets are pretty sweet. Especially the portable grav lift on High Ground.

I like the difference in Bomb games when it drops into the detonator and it counts down automatically, leaving your hands free to wield weapons.

Is it just that the gameplay is so good graphics concerns aren't very important?

Pretty much. Even if it ended up looking like the beta, I'd be happy. They're good enough where it doesn't look/feel like Halo 2.5. Since I don't really care about the SP - MP is where I'll be spending most of the next couple of years on it, just like H2.

I really enjoyed getting killed every 20 seconds last night (thats what my stats said). I thought the graphics were good and I don't understand what people on other boards are complaining about. The texture in the snow look great. I can't say much about the look of the characters because I never really got a chance to look at them before I died. I think this will be another case of where the single player game will have much better graphics then the MP game (like GRAW).

Anyway, I had fun with it even though I suck at FPS (who am I kidding, I suck at every game). My problem is aiming, especially while trying to run amd jump. I'm lucky if I can hit the side of a mountain. Still not sure if I'll buy the final game because I'm not a huge fan of the SP campaign but, MP might just be worth $60 especailly if it has the legs that H2 has.

i do love it but i'm forming the opinion that they've made the game too "busy" by adding so much new stuff. ie, equipment, many new weapons, spike grenades. i do like all of those things but the feel and pace of the game is even more crazy than halo was to begin with.

i am pretty sure they stocked these maps full of stuff for the beta. i mean, you can find shit everywhere. i suspect it will be tuned down quite a bit for final release.

i think the maps are great. maybe getting a little sick of snowbound. the feel of the weapons is a little strange but i'm getting used to them.

the new lobby, post-game and matchmaking features are pretty cool. i sniped a guy out the air after he launched from the man cannon on valhalla for the first time and just HAD to save the film. :)

many more thoughts but that's it for now.

I actually think the graphics are weak, but I didn't play Halo 2 MP at all. I guess I'm spolied by GOW and GRAW2. I wish it had a practice mode for new people. And there's no cover system, I think.

I actually think the graphics are weak, but I didn't play Halo 2 MP at all. I guess I'm spolied by GOW and GRAW2. I wish it had a practice mode for new people. And there's no cover system, I think.

The only cover system I found was to hide in a corner and prey no one finds you but, alas, that didn't even work for me.

There is a practice mode, its training (instead of ranked.)

I find the graphics pretty damn cool actually. I guess you have to look at the small differences from Halo 2; the ground/building texture, the water, weapons detail, etc. Oh the fricken invisble orb is really cool looking.

I really like the video capture option. The new weapons are really cool. The only thing that I seemed to have trouble with was finding weapons. It's not that I couldnt find them, cause they were all over, I just felt that the disply when you run over one could be a little more obvious. I ran over many weapons and didnt realize it and had to turn around.

Another thing I didnt like was that you can use the turret on the back of a Mongoose. Since the turret requies 2 hands to hold, you drop it when you jump on the back of a Mongoose cause you need to hold on with one hand. How killer would it be to be able to cruise around with a turret wielding friend on the back of a quad!

From the few games I played last night, I loved it. I have never gotten into the MP that much though, so I'm pretty new to it all. Couldn't get into it cause every time I'd try I'd get my arse kicked so fast it never became fun, but I actually stuck it out good enough last night that it was a blast. As far as the graphics go, they don't inspire awe, but it looks great, and stays with the look & feel of Halo, which is a bit closer to a cartoony look that a hyper realistic look. I think the really amazing graphical parts of Halo come not from the static image type thing, but from the immersive dynamics of it all (like the Pelicans flying overhead and landing, etc.) which is only really part of the SP campaign. I'm sure that will shine like a supernova when the full game comes out. Otherwise I think they did about as good as is possible while still keeping the same style.

i do love it but i'm forming the opinion that they've made the game too "busy" by adding so much new stuff. ie, equipment, many new weapons, spike grenades. i do like all of those things but the feel and pace of the game is even more crazy than halo was to begin with.

How often does the new equipment spawn? If everyone playing is walking around with equipment, I can understand the game becoming more busy/hectic.

Atomic: First I must say I LOVE you Avatar. That was a geat show, new season late summer this year!

Anyway, I totally agree with your dynamics comment. I caught myself, a few times, looking up thinking that I was getting jumped from above, only to realize I was looking at something in the sky�then I would get killed from across the map while I stood in awe, lol!

Atomic: First I must say I LOVE you Avatar. That was a geat show, new season late summer this year!

Ditto - love that show!

Anyway, I totally agree with your dynamics comment. I caught myself, a few times, looking up thinking that I was getting jumped from above, only to realize I was looking at something in the sky�then I would get killed from across the map while I stood in awe, lol!

I think you're the first one to mention that, I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone on this forum who knew about the show! :s1072: For anyone who never saw it, it's called "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia", on the FX Network, and it's one of the best comedys EVER! I can't tell you how many times I've lost control of bodily functions watching it :s1295:

HAHAHA!! I know exactly what you mean. I made up a fun drinking game for it too. Everytime they take a drink you take a drink...yea it's fun. My favorite episode is when Dennis and Dee get addicted to crack, its just good fun humor!

Speaking of crack, I can't stop thinking about getting off work to play some more BETA!!

There is a practice mode, its training (instead of ranked.)!

I guess I meant a training mode like graw2. Or if there was a way to walk around and learn the map without people shooting you. Maybe there will be something in the final version. I know this is basically just a server test for Bungie.

HAHAHA!! I know exactly what you mean. I made up a fun drinking game for it too. Everytime they take a drink you take a drink...yea it's fun. My favorite episode is when Dennis and Dee get addicted to crack, its just good fun humor!

Speaking of crack, I can't stop thinking about getting off work to play some more BETA!!

yep, i love the crack episode! oh yeah, the Beta, back to the topic here! ditto, 5pm can't come fast enough, i'll be on tonight, maybe I'll see ya in the beta. right after i play my new favorite drinking game ;)

Ya I left my 360 on all night downloading...didn't have time to get in a quick game before work. Looking forward to jumping in tonight as I'm off Friday, weekend, and Monday! Woot!

i am pretty sure they stocked these maps full of stuff for the beta. i mean, you can find shit everywhere. i suspect it will be tuned down quite a bit for final release.

i think the maps are great. maybe getting a little sick of snowbound. the feel of the weapons is a little strange but i'm getting used to them.

the new lobby, post-game and matchmaking features are pretty cool. i sniped a guy out the air after he launched from the man cannon on valhalla for the first time and just HAD to save the film. ;)

many more thoughts but that's it for now.

spot on tornado...just played it this morning...pretty busy with all the weapons all over the place...but it seems like that was the intent of the testing phase, we'll see....the lobby system is awesome, thank you bungie! oh yeah, it's great to be back in the halo craze! i'm glad they didn't change it beyond recognition...with the new weapons and slight changes in controls, it's like playing a new game anyway.

I liked it alot. It does seem to be kind of all over the place for items as T.I and Jerky have said. I didn't get into H2 at all but it looks like I maybe should have. This game is gonna be sick!!

Do ya think Halo 3 is going to be off the charts or what! This was taken from the Bungie site at about 12:15 PST.

53,517 Players Online in Halo 3

306,877 Halo 3 Players (Last 24 Hours)

381,625 Halo 3 Games (Last 24 Hours)

17,538 Players Online in Halo 2

212,602 Halo 2 Players (Last 24 Hours)

382,710 Halo 2 Games (Last 24 Hours)

There is one thing I don't like about the beta (also didn't like the same thing in Halo 2). I hate how you can't hear your teammates talking unless you are close to them. It kinda ruins the social experience of playing with people from TAG if you can't talk to anyone. Yes, I know you can hit the d-pad to say something to everyone but, it's kinda hard to carry on a conversation when you have to hit the d-pad every few seconds. I'm not in to the strategy of the game, just want to socialize with TAG members. I think everyone here might agree that sometime the conversations we have are just as fun as the game itself.