Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
    • Hoptimus

New TAG Site goes LIVE MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th   02/22/18

New TAG Site goes LIVE MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th!   If you can't see it flush your browser cache and/or flush dns.   Join the REDDIT here   https://www.reddit.com/r/TAG_theadultgamer/   And our DISCORD   https://discord.gg/c4Pk6BA  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC MissFire

It's time to heat things up!

Ever since I began searching for gaming communities two years ago, I've been looking forward to the day when I could finally join TAG (no joke). I turned 21 on Friday, the 15th; I registered Saturday; now it's time to post!

Videogames have always been a part of my life, yet I didn't become a hardcore gamer until Fall 2004. My love of gaming began with Saturday afternoons as a kid on the NES, watching my mom kick tail on Super Mario Bros and secretly wishing I could be as good as her. My younger brother was always the "gamer," so he decided the consoles we owned: N64, PS2, Xbox. I played each one and had a favorite game or two, but it took a few weekends of returning home from college before I committed to the Xbox. After a few Friday nights of telling my dad about my week, watching him play GR2, and listening to his clan mates enjoy the experience, I set my hand to the Xbox controller and eventually fell in love. Our latest console, a 360, is mine. Granted, I've been a good sister and daughter to leave it at home during my semesters away at school, but I know I scared my mother (she's not as hardcore anymore as the rest of us) when I laughed/cried upon receiving that stellar birthday gift. Gaming has always been an exciting family affair to me, one of split-screen ownage and afternoons confusing XBL with comments like, "Dad, I'm gonna kill you!" After enjoying LMS matches with his clan (Delta Force 155) and "you're getting better than your dad!" comments, I had my "coming of age" gaming experience: I ventured alone into XBL and found my own clan, Renegade X.

My dad is FireSlayer104, so from the very beginning, my GTs have been an extension of him: Miss Fireslayer, RX Miss Fire, RX MissFire615 (I was living off free 2-month cards for awhile), RX MissFire86, and currently DC MissFire.

Now, as DC MissFire, I've left competitive gaming by choice and joined the Digital Combat staff. I'm forum admin and co-hostess of the DC Radio Show (besides weekly podcasts, we just started weekly roundtables!); I loved the DC community, so it was only natural for me to join the staff. I'm also a freelance writer for The Blue Skittle, which is just one step away from my "real" self. I'm an senior English major, writer, and lover of all things grammar/literature-related; I'm a LOTR and HP fan, the DC Google queen, enjoy sharing my faith with others, and secretly (well, not anymore) hanker for Scott Mitchell.

Yes, this is long, but hey... I'm a writer! What did you expect? :)

Nice intro; although, I found a grammar mistake in paragraph two, sentence three.

HA HA HA - just kidding! :) Welcome to TAG!

welcome to TAG MissFire!!! what a great intro! i hope you feel at home here.

i also help out over at the blue skittle so hopefully we'll run into each other there as well.

-tornado

I'm an senior English major, writer, and lover of all things grammar/literature-related; I'm a LOTR and HP fan,

Welcome....it's not often you find a big Hewlet Packard fan.

hey girl..glad to see you posted here. I know since I've known you, you've been saying nearly there nearly there.

Besides TAG never has enough women to keep them busy.

no no no no do i get to vote on this one :)

Now i got miss in here also :(

hehe Welcome MF oh and everyone she goes by her initals