Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
Buddha

Some reverse introduction

I just had a thought. Here are all of us newbies telling all the old members about ourselves. How about some the older members tell the newbies about themselves? That way some of the newbies get a chance to learn some stuff about the old people......er older members....nevermind. You all know what I mean.

My names Doug, I am 100% chinese. I play way too much video games to do anything else but go to work and take care of my regular duties as a parent. I have just about every system on the market today and I play all of them very often. At the moment I am playing all kinds of shooters online and I suck at everyone of them. I have been a member for about a month and a half and I have loved every minute of it. The only screaming kids that I would even tolerate hearing is my own kid. So if I am not already on your FL feel free to send me a FR I have plenty of room left.....I think. :)

• Like 1

Well, I don't know if I really qualify as an "old member", but here's a little bit about myself:

My name is Ryan, some folks here call me Randall because it's technically my first name, but I've gone by Ryan my whole life. I'll answer to either. I'm 24 years old and I work as an IT professional for a state government agency in Alabama. I've been playing games for as long as I can remember. My uncle gave me his hand me down Atari 2600 when I was 3, and my grandmother bought me a Sega Master System when I was about 5 and I haven't looked back. I have a rather eclectic taste in games. I play racers, shooters, sports, rpg's, etc., and I tend to suck at all of them. lol I'm probably one of the younger members around and I don't have a wife or kids, but I still appreciate the mature setting found here. I can hardly imagine playing multiplayer games without the TAG community. I hope that little description was along the lines of what you were looking for. I have a myspace page that might fill in some gaps: http://www.myspace.com/nayrlladnar

nice idea asianelvis. i like it. my name is ed. i'm 26. been here at tag since the inception..i think i was a week late....but still. i've been married about 8 months.. have two stepdaughters, 8 and almost 6 and just had a new baby girl last week. i am currently only playing madden, and arcade games here and there. i pretty much hate everyone here equally in their own special ways. i don't get around the site as much as i would like, and therefore don't get around to the introduce yourself section very often. but i really like your idea here. i always have room on my FL if you play what i play. welcome to tag. and again, i like your idea here. bravo!

I hate to do this, but I agree with Krazy (shudder) - this is a great idea asianelvis.

My name is Dirk (hence the gamertag Digler) 27, been married for 3 years but no little ones yet. I work for the Nielsen Company in the consumer packaged goods side of the business. I have been gaming since my parents purchased the family Nintendo. I mainly play Shooters and Sports games with a Racer mixed in here or there. The TAG community has definitely changed the way I game online, and couldn't imagine playing Live without it. I am always looking to add new people to my Friends List, so if you play a lot during the week from 7-10pm cst hit me up.

Thank you, just thought it would be a nice way to help some of the newer members to feel a little more welcomed. Ahh I am 29 btw, didn't think I had put that in with my intro. :)

Yeah alot of us have been here a long time and its a great idea Asianelvis. We all know each other (the oldies).

I'm named Elaine, but everyone calls me Ooopy. I answer to either. I live in Toronto and work as an office admin for a company what works in finance (venture capital and angels investing). The initial group from TAG is why I game at all. They got me into buying and xbox and then thanks to dje ryu I got a 360. I enjoy mostly 3rd person shooters as fps make me stimulation sickness. I've been trying out Halo3 but last night I had a reall real bad episode of the sickness (patchs work, pills don't).

One of the great things of TAG is the people here and how its great to find people to game with. Because of what I have learned here, at TAG I started an online magazine, ( http://www.theblueskittle.com ) to help guide others in the gaming world that there are communities to join and become part of. We have been blessed to have a safe haven, yet so many haven't and I wanted to reach out to those, as well as show gamers in a different light than just teenage boys sitting in the boxers, not showering for days. (however I do know after being a PAX - most of the console people I met knew what soap was, alot of the pc gamers didn't).

TAG will always be my home as where else can you be yourself and enjoy so many amazing people

Good idea asian!

My name is Heather. I'm 29 and been married 8 years to SalmonSlayer (who is a member here, but rarely posts). I have a Ph.D in Microbiology, and work on cancer/virus research in Seattle Washington. No kids yet - too busy. I have been gaming since I can remember. Growing up, my family would sit around the PC and play games like Kings Quest and Space Quest. They still play too - MommaCoral ad PappaCoral are also members here. Have played off and on ever since.

Got into xbox when I had to have surgery on my toe. Had part of the bone replaced with coral - hence my gamertag coraltoe :-) Was laid up on the couch for over a week, and Salmon went and got me an original xbox so I could entertain myself. That has now morphed into each of us having our own xbox 360 hooked to side by side HDTVs in the living room. We just couldn't share :-)

I found TAG while searching the xbox forums for mature gamers in halo. Being female was a bitch (no pun intended!) playing with GP. I usually never spoke a word to anyone, because if I did I either got spoken to like I shouldn't be playing games, or got hit on the entire time by 12 year old boys. Joined the halo group over here - and never looked back.

My name is Ian and i work as an IT systems administrator in NYC. We are a consulting company so i am out at clients 80% of the time. Been gaming since the nintendo, then the genesis, then xbox, then 360. I played a ton of Quake games in tournaments. Quake 1 is my favorite game. Best multiplayer game ever.

27 / m / NJ :)

My name is Sean. I'll be 40 early next year. Married with no kids, but 2 great dogs. I work as a structural engineer for a tiny office of a huge engineering firm. My wife doesn't like the gaming, but she still lets me do it.

Bored ehh Asian? Good Idea.

Chris, 34, Product Marketing Manager for Grote Industries (Grote mfgs wiring, lighting, reflective and obstacle detection products for the heavy duty and pssenger car markets- I specialize in the mirror products but also the website, catalog, tradeshows, product launches and sales meetings). I am married have a 5 yo daughter and twin 1 yo boys. Have a side business getting off of the ground by the name of wickedhog.com but it is really infantile (both in terms of age of the business and the material I am selling) and my dad and I compete on the competitive BBQ circuit under the name Wildcat BBQ.

Hi, I'm Dan, I'm a UI developer at one of those big internet companies and have been a video game kid since the 2600 (I'm 35 right now, married and have a 4 year old daughter). I bought that 2600 at a Service Merchandise in Connecticut with the money I saved from my allowance combined with my brother's allowance. I always played more than my brother :)

Long story short, I arrived at the conclusion that a console with an ethernet port was a 'good idea' since I had been playing Quake, Myth and Tribes for a while and loved multiplayer games. I quickly found a community of people who played Xbox games online (pgr2 and RB6) and have, more or less, been a part of that community ever since.

The progression of that experience was joining thegng, then emailing Sharky about how the rest of that community was crap, then went to AGE at its formation. I eventually became a go nowhere, do nothing council member there and when TAG was formed I split my time evenly between the two sites, but I eventually focused most of my time here.

Sprinkle in hard core end game raiding for a year into that story somewhere and you have my experience in a nutshell.

I'm Tim. I'm a 34 year old self employed artist. I design and manufacture copper and metal home and garden accessories and do original art. I live in a tiny little town called Grand Forks, BC, Canada where I operate a small studio and storefront. I'm married with a four year old son and a phycho SPCA reject of a black lab.

I started gaming on the Commodore Vic20, went to the C64, Nintendo, N64, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Xbox, and now the 360. Gaming takes a backseat to the rest of my life right now. Too much else going on to get the time but hopefully soon that will change. I'm an avid fan of racers but enjoy the occassional FPS and other genres. I play for fun and that's it.

I joined AGE a few years ago and was lucky enough to get an invite over here when the crap hit the fan at AGE. So here I am. Mostly I just lurk in the forums but offer up my $0.02 when I can.

I'm also a guitarist and write music as a hobby. I've never done anything with it really. Tried starting a few bands over the years but usually ended up too blitzed on beer and whiskey to get anywhere and eventually just outgrew it. Now I just write as a hobby and play to relieve stress.

That's about it I think.

I agree, this is an awesome idea.

Let's see, I'm Chrissy. I'm married to eddie306 (who never posts on the site but who has at least met a few of you guys). We've been married for 2 years but we don't have any kids yet. I'm only 23... I feel like I'm still a kid myself.

My husband and I both work at Nintendo. He does something or other in the warehouse and I am a game tester. Everyone always talks bad about testing games but I love it!

In my spare time I collect games. Every weekend my husband and I head out to flea markets and thrift stores in search of awesome deals. We collect all systems but we generally focus on the NES era (although I've been collecting more and more Game Gear and Sega CD games lately). My first system was an Atari Lynx (although I really started gaming on the Atari ST computer). I didn't own an actual console until the Sony Playstation. I always wanted one but we could never afford it so I just turned into that neighborhood kid who hung out at everyone's house just so they could play with their stuff :) I blame my current freakish game collecting habits on my lack of personal gaming systems as a kid.

I work 50+ hours a week so I'm afraid that I have no other hobbies outside of gaming. I'm afraid that I'm fairly boring in that respect.

there are quite a bit of taggers in the seattle area, maybe i should move there my family has a restaurant right outside of seattle in milkcreek i could go run that place

Great idea!

Name is Phil. I am 27 (October 9th) and no kids. I am a IT Systems Integrator for Cadence Innovation, a plastics supplier for GM, Chryslers, Nissan. I am going to be married 7/11, 2008 and its gonna be a blast. I suggested we hook up Rock Band during the reception in one part of our banquet hall. I was shot down with that idea! HAHA. I bought my first home this year and feel the crunch as a new home owner (especially in Michigan). However, I love looking for new projects to do around the house and I especially love being able to blast my sound system without neighbors complaining (apartment).

I was introduced to this site by "dje ryu" who is a fellow Jeep Liberty owner over at http://www.jeepkj.com. I really hated to play online because of the younger, immature crowd. This site has really made me appreciate the online community that is normal (most of us....tehee).

I have been playing games since my father brought home the 486 computer from work. I loved to play snake and Gorilla in DOS. I got into playing MUD (multi user dungeon) through the old BBS/TELNET systems. I helped host a BBS with MUD and was a game admin for it. For those of you who never played MUD it's an "all text" based WoW. I got into FPS during the Duke Nukem era then Quake. I played lots of NHL on the Sega Genesis, Madden on the Dreamcast (loved the play book lcd screen attachments for the controllers), Zelda on the Nintendo through Wii, and XBOX. I was hooked on XBOX playing my sports games then getting into the Tom Clancy games. The 360 is the current system I own and consistently play when I have time. With my work schedule getting heavier near the last quarter of the year I am typically on later at night.

Send me a friends request and/or player invite.

http://www.moladoguy.com

Good Idea!

Hrm...My name is Meisha I am 27 and currently work as a CADD Technician for an engineering firm in Princeton, NJ. My gaming started out on my cousins asteroids gaming system, I forget the name of it, but it was an all black system with a screen and controller. After that my cousin let me borrow his NES and I was hooked on Mike Tyson's Punch out, Ghoul's and Ghosts and Mario. After he got his NES back, my parents then bought me the Sega Master system and I became a Sega Fan boy after that.

I found this site while surfing on the Xbox forums and searching the internet for "Mature gaming websites", although I found a lot of pr0n websites I eventually stumbled upon this one. This community really got me started in FPS games, prior to that the only FPS game I played was Golden Eye and the other James Bond game on OG Xbox. Like other have mentioned before, I don't know what my online experience would be without this community.

Thanks for this thread, Asian! Learning lots about the members I game with.

Hi, I'm Andre; Dre for short. Just turned 29. My gamer tag is CEii, for now. I work as the Operations Manager for a television and movie listings/news site named Zap2it.com.

Unfortunately, I'm not a hardcore gamer like everyone else. We had an Atari, but my parents rarely let us watch TV, let alone play Joust, Pitfall, Centipede, etc. When PC's came along, I was sneaking in games of Tetris like a madman. I was always hitting up my friends to play Space Quest, King's Quest, games on the Gameboy, Contra, et cetera. Was never good at Street Fighter or Super Mario Brothers; in fact, I've never progressed far in either game. In college, I started playing lots of Madden and Super Mario Cart... I really miss those days of trash talking and good times. When I finally had the money to buy a PS2, I got addicted to FFX and lost lots of sleep just to finish. Then, I got into online gaming with SOCOM 2 and SOCOM 3 -- I just love the way those games make you really work as a team.

I took a hiatus from gaming, and tried to get in as much riding on my motorcycle as I could, logging over 50,000 miles in under 3 years first on an F4i and then an R6. When work moved me to Chicago, I bought my first HDTV, and went on to buy my first X-Box: a 360. Played Oblivion until my eyeballs fell out, then picked up GRAW and Gears of War. I was never talkative in the games because all anyone wanted to talk about was pwnage; nobody ever cared to help me out with my stupid, n00b questions.

Then, I randomly found my way into a room with VD, Ooopy, and quite a few other TAG members. They liked my banter and suggested I give the board a try. (I'm already part of a smaller online community, but they don't play as much.) I'm glad they added me as friends, and have slowly started to meet more people through online play.

I'm relatively quiet. Though I'm usually calling out enemies or position during a game, I quite like the non-game banter as well. I love how this group does not mind waiting in the lobby for other people to show up, or take a short break. Above all, I like how everyone enjoys answering my noob questions. When I bought Halo 3, I knew nothing about the game (never played Halo before); when I jumped into a room, there was no problem with me asking what the basic buttons were.

TAG continues to make gaming fun for me. :lol:

I'm not at all interesting so some of this stuff may (or may not) be lies...

My name is Scott. I'm 33, married way out of my league and am owned by three dogs. I enjoy boobies and time travel. Originally from the Chicago suburbs I've yet to actually settle down since leaving home to train to kill dirty for'ners many years ago. The missus and I plan on moving to Boise next summer where I have no job prospects and no idea what I'll do for a living.

I went through the GNG/AGE rotation and ended up here when TSHTF over there. Currently I'm deeply involved with MrZwij in a semi-comatose effort to redesign this site (it's blue!). I started gaming on an Atari 2600 and my cousin's Atari 5400, progressed to a Commodore 128 and then an NES. I pretty much abandoned gaming for the next 10 years as I was tired of spending money on shitty games and it's hard to pack a console and television in a rucksack. While recovering from breast reduction surgery I picked up a PS2, then an Xbox and the rest is history.

My name is Jimmy but you can call me Hatter... or Hatler... whichever you prefer. I'm 27 years old. I'm a Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers in the computer security consulting practice. I'm recently divorced. I live in Keller TX with two other TAG members (Frost and Bodicca). I am trying to sell my house (anyone need a 2550 sq ft place close to Fort Worth? anyone? hello?) and will hopefully be moving to Colorado in the near future.

Enough of the boring stuff. Let's see... I helped start this place we all call home a little over two years ago when we moved out from mom and dad's house (i.e. AGE). Please don't hold me accountable anymore though because I mainly just bitch and moan without really doing anything productive. 8-) I love my 360, but hate Halo 3. So until Call of Duty 4 comes out you will find me playing World of Warcraft on Firetree (PvP FTW!! right Circ? am I right? Strongbad? anyone? :lol: ) under any combination of characters, but mostly my priest Bevi and shaman Bevn at the moment. Though my hunter Bevo gets brought out when I need to kill someone who is annoying me (stupid PvP).

So more likely than not I'll see all you new guys and gals (and you old farts too) in November. Everyone go preorder CoD4 right now. Seriously I'm going to stop typing... you go preorder. Go now.

I took a hiatus from gaming, and tried to get in as much riding on my motorcycle as I could, logging over 50,000 miles in under 3 years first on an F4i and then an R6.

Sweet! I ride an f4i :lol:

Also I didn't realize your forum name was Dre...lol HOSER!

My name is Bob (not Harry) Potter about to be 33, single, no kids. I work for The Associated Press in the logistics department for 8 years now. Have a place by the Jersey shore, and have always wanted to work in the gaming industry just could never find a way in. No oppurtunities around here that I know of, that and I'm a dumbass as many will tell you :s1135:

Been gaming ever since I can remember. My grandfather got me into it, he was a technophile. First system ever played was Pong, still have it. That and some weird skeet shooting game that had 2 shot guns and was played on a wall can't remember the name of it. Never liked PC gaming been rockin consoles all my life.

I started playing online with my PS2 and Socom. The invention of Xbox Live killed that quickly. I have met a lot of good people through Live who are more like family than friends. I love playing competetively and have been a part of a clan with these people for years.

Found this site through Live by playin with fellow taggers. This site is what gaming is all about. It offered me the community that I needed as an adult gamer.

Great idea Asian !

My name is Shelley.. Hence the GT Shellz.... I know, terribly original huh.. I'm 31 & married to BIGWOODYSMURF whos also a member but rarely posts..We've been married going on 2 years, no kids between us but 3 great step-kids.. 12, 12 & 8..I'm originally from Canada.. eh.. and now live in Indiana..

I started gaming on the atari.. I'm embarassed to say I actually owned the game that was voted worst of all time... E.T !! lol. Owned pretty much every nintendo system that came out and now play my trusty 360 & wii..

. I started out playing rainbow six Black Arrow on the original xbox and between the spawn camping and called every name in the book for being a woman gamer I about called it quits. Then I found AGe and eventually ended up here.. If not for these type of sites i rather doubt I'd be gaming online at all.

Right now u can find me playing halo 3 pretty much religiously and anxiously waiting Call of Duty 4 when that comes out. I loooove my shooter games.. From Rainbow six vegas to GRAW.. Big arcade fan as well.

good idea asianelvis

well...... my real name is Lindsay<---- there i gone said my real name, oh well ya only live once!!! i usually go by lizzy or izzy on the internet and live, messengers and stuff!! I am 22 will be 23 in feburary, damn this year has few by fast. My first gamin system was the Atari then it died of overly played!!! then it was first game boy and the first nintendo. Then as the years go by I got the super nintendo, N64, and the Game cube. I still got the N64 but its in a box some where bc i moved so much in last 10 years. I as had the Sega Geniuse and game boy color. Hummm what next..... oh ya job. Job whats that!! lol My life right now is taking care of 90 great grandma that is in the end stages of astimers. Then clean house, laundry, cook, and then some gaming.

might leave the house every once in a while to grocery shopping but i dont drive very far bc i am phobic about driving. ok i know your laught about now, laugh it up lol

kids..... well i am not a kid person. I took care of my lil sister when i was yonger, well just say i have lost my patince for them. dont get me wrong but i will watch them for the day spoil them ship on home and after that i have had my fill. I am VERY single :s1093:

:rofl: and dont want any kids of my own

ok enough of that

I found this site when Trixie did an interveiw on Oopy

I about had enough of lil 3-4 yrs to 15 years olds cusing at me and think that there shit dont stink. ever since i came here i have had the best time of my life. I also recently joined AGE too

well thats all i gota say!!