Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom_P

Fallout 3- Post your comments

Well people another game, another desicion.. Please post your comments. If this game has the same approach of Bioshock I will definetly buy it, I now that Bio-Sh. is a first person shooter.

Also this game is single player only right? I read some comments yerterday that on the Ps3 the graphics were not as good as the person expected(not a comparison between consoles).

So of the huge list of upcomming games I have Far Cry already, GOW2 and COD WoW are a definitely buy for me.

I've summed up this game in one word: awesomesauce.

If you are a fan of the original Fallout games on PC, buy this.

If you liked Oblivion, buy this.

If you want to play a game that will give you 100's of hours of enjoyment and immerse you into a post-apocalyptic, world-gone-wrong, buy this!

nink, are you playing this on a PC? I ask because I don't see it in your gamercard.

It took me a while to decide which version to get but I finally went with the 360 version because 1) I know the 360 will probably be able to handle the graphics better than my PC and 2) It has achievements ;)

I ordered it from Amazon, so I should have it sometime this week, I don't mind the wait as I have Fable 2 to keep me occupied.

nink, are you playing this on a PC? I ask because I don't see it in your gamercard.

No, I'm playing it on 360. That's odd...I should have been connected to LIVE last night. Hmmmm....

EDIT: I just checked my gamercard on XBOX.com. It's there now; maybe there was a glitch in the system.

i went in to gamestop with the intentions of buying red alert 3. i left gamestop with a copy of fallout 3. i know absolutely NOTHING about this game, but i really liked oblivion. hopefully this game will make up for that peice of crap fable 2.

PS - gamestop didnt have red alert 3 in yet. i am gonna try back after work.

No, I'm playing it on 360. That's odd...I should have been connected to LIVE last night. Hmmmm....

EDIT: I just checked my gamercard on XBOX.com. It's there now; maybe there was a glitch in the system.

Yeah my gamercard hasn't updated either. I have been playing since monday night. :beee:

like guys said it feels very similar to oblivion, and plays very similar, but with guns and modern weapons.

I never played any of the fallout games before either, and i'm enjoying this a lot. I liked oblivion too.

As far as it being like bioshock. One thing that is similar to me is one aspect of the atmosphere, which is the radio broadcasts. Listening to that broadcast as I roam gives me that creepy bioshock feeling with those old songs playing in the background. And there are often creepy sights such as dead carcasses strung up across a line near destination you are going to.

So, is it Fable 2 or Fallout 3? I'm outta town 'til Nov. 9th, at which time I'd like to pick up one or the other. Anyone played both? I'd appreciate the help!

This game is awesome...I'm gearing my character towards melee and big guns. I love how it's set up very similiar to the D&D stat system. I've already made a character map for perks and skills!

This game is awesome...I'm gearing my character towards melee and big guns. I love how it's set up very similiar to the D&D stat system. I've already made a character map for perks and skills!

I agree,, Nef the strat guid gives a good breakdown of the perks and skills, the guide is worth the 19 bucks IMO.

So, is it Fable 2 or Fallout 3? I'm outta town 'til Nov. 9th, at which time I'd like to pick up one or the other. Anyone played both? I'd appreciate the help!

I say Fallout, but I'm biased.

Hey, and don't worry if you didn't play the old games - those aren't needed to enjoy this game!

Cheeky,

I have both as well and I would vote Fallout III as well - IMO it is the much better of the two from what I've seen and played.

Cheers

This game is amazing. Fable 2 does not compare from what I've seen at my buddies house. Go pick this game up you can't go wrong.

Well I've divided into another hour or so of gameplay and feel like I've barely scratched the surface of the beginning even. This game totally has a feel, look and sound like Bioshock and I can see the comparisons to Oblivion gameplay. I've been very impressed with this game to say the least!

Hey quick question;

I was playing last night for a little bit (then my wife wanted to watch House...damn it!) but I was trying to find out how to bring up the map and I couldn't find it...?

I would get events that would say they were putting a marker on the map and I see some new arrows on the compass pop up as well as the red blibs for enemies but no map?

What do you have to do to get the map in the outside world (which buttons or where from the pip boy do I find it) ?

Once your in the map can you set markers or insert notes or anything like that?

Thanks

Hey quick question;

I was playing last night for a little bit (then my wife wanted to watch House...damn it!) but I was trying to find out how to bring up the map and I couldn't find it...?

I would get events that would say they were putting a marker on the map and I see some new arrows on the compass pop up as well as the red blibs for enemies but no map?

What do you have to do to get the map in the outside world (which buttons or where from the pip boy do I find it) ?

Once your in the map can you set markers or insert notes or anything like that?

Thanks

Hit B to bring up the pip-boy, then navigate to the Data section (one of the three lighted sections you see at the bottom). Then you'll use your d-pad or left stick to navigate around the menus in the data section to open up your Local and World maps. Your left stick zooms and the right stick scrolls. Locations will be highlighted on the World map as a lighted square, and you can set/move/remove a marker just like in Oblivion.

Thanks guys.

Just curious as I haven't seen it yet (and won't for several hours maybe not until Friday due to activities tonight) how is the mapping?

Is it pretty much exactly like Oblivion or did they improve upon the layout / format?

Cheers

Thanks guys.

Just curious as I haven't seen it yet (and won't for several hours maybe not until Friday due to activities tonight) how is the mapping?

Is it pretty much exactly like Oblivion or did they improve upon the layout / format?

Cheers

Haven't used the map much yet, but it looks like it is very "Oblivion-like".

Hey, did anyone change the color of their Pip-Boy screen? I changed mine to Amber and I like it better than the ugly default green color.

I have mine in blue but I'm not sure I like it - going to try the other colors soon.

I have another question - although not much of one if you've played the game more then two hours which I'm sure almost everyone that has it already has.

When I was in the school the enemies just seemed to keep coming. I suspect much like Oblivion the random mobs will re-spawn outdoors forever and scale to your level is this correct?

Also do they re-spawn inside as well?

Cheers

When I was in the school the enemies just seemed to keep coming. I suspect much like Oblivion the random mobs will re-spawn outdoors forever and scale to your level is this correct?

Also do they re-spawn inside as well?

Cheers

Not sure if I can answer the respawning question, but I do know that the enemies do not scale to your level like they did in Oblivion.

From what I understand, there are two different scenarios when you first enter an area:

- The enemies will scale to your level, but remain at that level throughout the game. Therefore, if you are getting your ass kicked, leave the area, level up, and go back. The enemies will not have increased in level.

OR

- The enemies in the area have been preset at a certain level. Therefore, you can walk into an area and the enemies will totally hand your ass to you if you haven't leveled up enough.

I read the review on arstehnica.com, and according to the reviewer, enemies DO NOT respawn.