Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maria5

What do you do for a living ?

Since the economy took my regular job I'm back to selling guns and Gunsmithing full time. Actually doing better now with it than we ever have in the past, thanks to obama and libs.

I do software projects (editorial content management) at newspapers and magazines. For the last 18 months I've been traveling steady to the UK for it, and it's seriously screwing up my gaming time.

I think I have the most boring job on Tag but I love it. Construction worker, commercial and residential.

I did construction for about 9 months a while ago - I liked everything about except carrying shit. There is a LOT of carrying shit. If I could have figured out how to go straight past laborer to carpenter, I'd probably still be doing it.

For all practical purposes I'm unemployed. Until last year I was a consultant to various federal agencies and the military, but packed it all in and headed west. Now I'm mortgage broker. I've made a total of about $7,000 since starting this last August because, I have come to realize, I am a terrible salesman ;)

I think I have the most boring job on Tag but I love it. Construction worker, commercial and residential.

Don't be so sure. I'm a software developer for Charter Communications. Every day, the satire of Dilbert and Office Space becomes more and more of a reality to me.

I love construction. I used to build log homes and it was great till I got hurt. I miss being outside.

Really odd....me too. I used to build log homes that is. Of course then I turned 5 and quit playing with the Lincoln Logs.

I design Powerlines, configure and teach people how to use software to design powerlines and do GIS consulting.

I strated my own business 2 years ago and am learning how stressful that can be :-)

I am a security consultant for the maritime industry. I help them not get fined by the Coast Guard.

I am a firefighter/medic recruit. Check back with me in 2 weeks and I'll have dropped the recruit from my title. ;)

Gamestop and university student. Should be a cop within a couple of months but we'll see about that.

finish school and go to the feds.

reerun=da fuzz

Gamestop and university student. Should be a cop within a couple of months but we'll see about that.

finish school and go to the feds.

reerun=da fuzz

FEDS is the way to go but I really want to be involved with the community and on the "frontline." I already finished my training for a PO. Just waiting to be picked up.

I help run my families business, and I sell crap on EBAY, and I work for a marketing company, and preparing to look for another job, and finishing school.

I help run my families business, and I sell crap on EBAY, and I work for a marketing company, and preparing to look for another job, and finishing school.

"And Dennn...." :s1029:

"Dude Where's My Car" reference...

I work as a Technical Communicator for a small software company. I develop all of the product documentationâ??Help files, user guides, quick reference material, online content, knowledge base articles, etc, etc.

I also teach part-time at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT). I teach 'Designing Online Help Systems' and 'Technical Editing & Grammar'.

When I was employed full time, I was a systems/network engineer. The IT job market here sucks, but my wife has a great job that she loves, so we're not going anywhere for awhile. Now I'm a self-employed IT consultant for small businesses, doing web database applications and collaboration solutions mostly. Trying to stay on the "consultant" side, and out of the sys admin and pc repair part. (Not that that's a bad career, I've just had my fill of it over the past 15 years.)

I need to find a new career, but I still haven't figured out what I want to be if I grow up. I think owning a pub (a real English pub, not a commercialized "Irish pub") would be cool. But, I'm not ready to go back to an 80-100 hour work week.

Despite what Romijn may think (or tell you) I don't run a global drug cartel...although I think I could...

I own my own company and have been working as a consultant for 8+ years for big oil currently working an engineering lead for the largest oil and gas company in Canada on one of there 3 capital projects for the next 6 quarters. Unlike Sarcastro I am not a P.Eng though I'm a C.E.T. that ironically has P.Eng's working for him. I do every aspect of construction management but have been on the technical / Engineering side for the last several years and hope to stay here as it's more 'thinking' and less 'doing' which I like ;)

Cheers

Structural engineer designing bridges. Love the math and design side of the job, hate the time sheet and worrying about always being billable side of the job. I spend most of my day steering junior staff and CADD techs and marking up plans.

Buisness owner. I do Industrial Instrumentaion for Heavy Industry. (Temperature, Pressure, Flow and Level Control - I work with all that stuff but my specialty is deisgning engineering and building custom temp sensors).

Don't be so sure. I'm a software developer for Charter Communications. Every day, the satire of Dilbert and Office Space becomes more and more of a reality to me.

I'm in the same boat as you... sadly

I work for a mom & pop web company that also does business networking and computer service. I'm the lead programmer / dba in our office of 6.

Pimp.

Have a herd of 11 right now. Hoping to build the empire and spin off into Mags and Movies.