• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Faust74

Would you be willing to pay more for Xbox Live?

Faust74    957

Looks like someone is getting greedy. Kinda risky move if you ask me, especially in todays economy.

Microsoft Won’t Raise Xbox Live Rates This Year

Earlier in the week industry analyst Michael Pachter stated that he believed Microsoft could raise its Xbox Live rates in the foreseeable future. Apparently, Microsoft was listening because the industry giant’s spokesperson David Dennis responded by saying, “I don't foresee a scenario where we're going to double the price of LIVE anytime in the next couple months."

Great, crisis averted. Microsoft won’t be raising…whoa, wait a minute! “Next couple of months”? Does that mean Microsoft will raise it rates after the beginning of the year? While no one likes to see inflation in action, we hope that if Microsoft does decided to charge more for its Live service that it also blunts the financial blow by rolling out a few new features.

Filed under: News, Xbox Live, Michael Pachter

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2009/10/23/microsoft-won-t-raise-xbox-live-subscriptions-this-year.aspx

Yes, I actually would pay a little more. I only use my 360 console for gaming and I do like playing with people online sometimes. It's worth it to me. The price of everything is going up so really it's only a matter of time before the gaming community would feel it. I would hope that they would add more features to justify the increase.

Faust74    957

I would pay if they increase the yearly rate, but I wouldn't like though. Since the update that included the goofy Wiivatars, Microsoft haven't added anything to Xbox Live that I cared for. Other than Netfilx, & party chat ain't bad.

I haven't changed my avatar since the first day I was forced to create one. I don't buy themes & avatars clothes. I don't do facebook & tweeter, & Zune. The only thing I buy is add-on & Xbox Arcade games. Which that feature was available since Xbox Live first launched

Nayrlladnar    54

What the fuck? Double?? Hell to the naw. I went hungry the month I renewed for $50. I barely use it as it is. If the price goes up, they lose at least one customer; ME!

Dr Superb    2342
I'm already considering dropping to Silver. I'd cancel it completely if they raise the price. Just don't use it enough anymore.

Where the hell have you been???? :)

and yes, i'd pay more for xbox live, as i do not know what i would do without it. unless we all decided to play on PSN. at this point i dont think i would pay for PSN though.

chrissylas    100

I honestly think this whole idea has gotten out of control.

Pachter (who I dislike and don't necessarily trust) tosses out this idea. The MS Spokeperson says "No plans at this time" or the rough equivalent simply because he can't flat out say "No" in case MS ever does decide to raise the price a little. If he flat out says no, the internets will go nuts in case it ever does come true even in part.

Is it possible that they could raise it? Yep! But I doubt it would be raising the price on what we all use now. Perhaps they might raise the version with rewards to $60 a year. Want to play games online? Keep paying $50. Want to get rewards because you buy 10 games a year and want some stuff because of it? Pay $60 a year.

It could happen but I doubt it would be like everyone is freaking out about.

Fragnetic    9

I'd likely drop it but it depends on how much the increase is. Hell the demo's alone have already saved me from buying a ton of shit games that I would have bought otherwise. If it doubles though M$ can go fuck itself.

I use Xbox 360 and LIVE for about 80% of my home entertainment, but I have also been riding the fence about switching to PS3 for a long time. A price increase could be the thing to push me over to PS3. My Xbox LIVE friends are the ONLY thing keeping me on the 360. Netflix on the 360 is nice, but nothing I couldn't live without. EVERYTHING else can be replaced by the PS3 + BluRay. DON'T TEMP ME M$!

Terminator    70

In this economy, they would be crazy to double the price. This is definitely a luxury item and I could see them losing a significant number of customers. Sony would greatly benefit from such a move.

Dr Superb    2342
In this economy, they would be crazy to double the price. This is definitely a luxury item and I could see them losing a significant number of customers. Sony would greatly benefit from such a move.

Very true

xcoaste    609

Yeah I would just go get a PS3. I know the extra money I would spend would be more then the service, but the BluRay would do it for me. Like Brother said it is only the friends that keep me on xbox live, but I have friends on PS3 too.

GATEcrasher13    374

I'd end up paying, I'm sure.

For those interested, I just renewed early cuz there was a deal to pay for 12 months and get two free. It was in one of the tabs, maybe xbox highlights or something. If they are gonna raise the price, may as well reup now.

Faust74    957
I'd end up paying, I'm sure.

For those interested, I just renewed early cuz there was a deal to pay for 12 months and get two free. It was in one of the tabs, maybe xbox highlights or something. If they are gonna raise the price, may as well reup now.

Not a bad idea. I have my payments set to auto, & on top of that I'm paying for 2 Xbox live accounts.

Buddha    127

If it was a slight increase say....$10, that might be something I can live with as far as increase in price. Like some of you said, MS hasn't done anything for me that warrants a price increase. I don't care about the avatars or the clothes. Only thing that I use is the Dl content and the arcade games. I don't care about Netflix, or FB or twitter on there. I have a PC that can handle all that shit, I don't need it on my console. Only thing that keeps me on XBL is my friends. I enjoy talking to them and gaming with them. But I can have just as much fun gaming with them on PSN without having to talk to them. If the price was doubled or even increased a 1/4 percent more, I would cancel my account.

ninjabjj    1286

Why would the xbox spokesman indicate "double" the price out of nowhere, that was wierd. I would stay with xbox cause I was so dissatisfied the the PS3. You feel disconnected when online and nobody seems to have headsets. You might as well give up gaming at that point.

FineAgedTequila    3231

If I was Xbox Live, I'd do the following:

Keep the Silver and Gold as is.

Add a new platinum level which gives the following benefits:

10% Discount on all Marketplace Purchases

Unlimited or increased Friend's List Size

Integration with Pandora while gaming - no ads ever

Hulu integration - possibly with ads limited or removed

If they did all that I would probably upgrade

Faust74    957

For me personally, that still doesn't do me much good.

I don't buy much Add-ons, not many of them that really interest me. The last ones I bought were Left 4 Dead maps, mainly to play everything with no limits with MD.
I keep my friends list small anyways..... I'm soooooooo looooooooooonely!! :s1123:

I don't care for those. But, I do use Pandora on my blackberry at work.

Nitereaver    230

If they raised the price, especially double, that would be enough for me not to buy another 360 in the future. The PS3/PC/Wii/DS/PsP is enough gaming goodness. I got enough gaming fee's with my MMO's lol.

Gigan    127

no way am I going to pay more! What are they adding that I need? Take all the other fluff and give me the core gaming service. Thats all I need. I got the internet I don't need your version of it.

ninjabjj    1286
If I was Xbox Live, I'd do the following:

Keep the Silver and Gold as is.

Add a new platinum level which gives the following benefits:

If they did all that I would probably upgrade

I agree and was also thinking about this. For those of us that don't need all the fluff and just want to play onlyne keep us with the base price. Create another level for all these extras.

Well if they double the rate, that would be on par to paying a monthly fee in the range of a MMORPG. So now it will be a MMO console minus the MMORPG + all the extra $ for DLC as well as $ for Netflix service and anything else coming out.

I still don't understand how in our economy, companies keep raising the rates, but nobody has the money to pay for the extra fees.

This is getting ridiculous.

I am glad I picked up a PS3. If something like this happens, I may have to center my gaming time more on the PS3 and less on the 360 to save some money.