Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Faust74

Netflix: What are you streaming?!

I have started the 1st season of Babylon 5. I plan on watching all 5 seasons in order. I loved the show when it originally aired but I'm struggling through the 1st season. Hell, the pilot episode acting was just terrible, it's a miracle the show was ever picked up. I'm glad it was.

Halo Legends: 3.5 stars, I was always interested in seeing this, but was very skeptical of it. It's done by Japanese animators & we all know that Japan never embraced Master Chief. Being an Anime fan, I know how corny they can get sometimes. I was worried that they would make the Spartans look foolish.... And at time they did just that. :s1150:

It consist of 7 different episode & one had a goofy Dragon Ball Z flare to it. You'll know the episode as soon as it starts, my love for Anime died a little with that episode. Honestly, I wish I could unseen it. For the most part the Spartans were Heroic, but differently NOT the Bad Asses they are portrayed in the Games & Novels. The Elites got way more better treatment than our Beloved Spartans. I suspect that was because the Elite had a high regard for Honor, as the Japanese do.

One episode did do the Spartans justice & overall it wasn't bad to watch. There was some good insight with the fight between Forerunner & the Flood. A glimpse of life on the Elites' world. Halo fans will have mix feeling watching this. :?

Halo_legends-cover.png

Bones - 8/10. We've watched the first 3 1/2 seasons and have had a blast. I'd seen a few episodes here and there over the last couple of years but seeing them back-to-back is a new experience. I've come to love, and hate, some of the regulars. I've been amused at the feelings I've developed toward certain characters over the seasons. I would guess that means I've enjoyed it thus far.

I came back to 24 after a few years away - I'm hooked by season 7. Probably my favorite season of 24 ever. The problem is that by episode 15 or 16 or so, it always starts to feel like they're desperately looking for new ideas to pad the time out. But I'm up to 20 and that element of dragging everything on hasn't been bad at all.

Exit though the gift shop: 10/10

A Documentary by the street artist 'banksy' about a "film maker." Thats all I'll say. Watch it if you enjoy art. It'll blow you away.

Just got Netflix and I'm not usre how I ever lived without it.

I'm watching Black Blood Brothers Anime and The Office. I watched Surrogates with Bruce willis and it was pretty good. Any one else that loves Anime recommend any that are available?

Today I was in the mood for Hotdogs & a B-rated Horror Movie. Picked up a few Hotdogs from James Coney Island, came home & checked out what Netflix had to offer & I ran into a movie I haven't see since my early Teens. I didn't remember much about it, so I re-watched. It was very corny & freaky at the same time lol. If one of these creepy looking clowns walked up behind me at night, the hair on my head would stand up in fear. I give it 3 and 1/2 star! :lol:

6565_m.jpg?1294705172

LOST. Catching my wife up on the series. About to start season 4 already,...she's obsessed.

I am glad i am watching it through a second time. there was some things i didnt pick up on the first go around...

Recently its kind of been Jeff Bridge's greatest hits. After seeing tron legacy and true grit, my g/f wondered some of the other movies hes done shes never seen. So showed her Big Lebowski, The Contender, Starman, etc. Lots of great flicks. (Plus you can't appreciate Big Z in Surfs Up without seeing the Big Lebowski)

Oh wow that clown movie gave me nightmares as a kid lol. i didn't know it was on netflix. I've been trying to catch up on 30 rock lately.

Been trying to get into Spartacus, other than that any Mystery Science Theatre 3000 I can find.

I have been watching quite a few things off Netflix lately...A few of the more recent titles-

American Grindhouse- pretty good documentary on the history of grindhouse theaters, and exploitation films.

Feed- good, yet very disturbing film about a cop trying to catch a guy that runs a website that caters to people getting off on morbidly obese women being feed food till they die...think the movie Seven, yet much more graphic.

Dogtooth- another disturbing movie that is actually nominated for best foreign picture. In a nutshell, basically what a nutjob father does to control his family from the outside world.

The Video Dead- An 80's horror flick so bad it's got to be seen.

Kevin Smith Too Fat for 40- Big Kevin Smith fan, while it was funny, it wasn't one of his best stand-up/Q&A that I have seen of his.

Not streaming anything, because my ISP decided to fuck me and dropped to 60GB a month from 200GB a month without telling me... at 2GB per hour for HD content, that's only an hour a day...

Not streaming anything, because my ISP decided to fuck me and dropped to 60GB a month from 200GB a month without telling me... at 2GB per hour for HD content, that's only an hour a day...

Who the hell is your service provider?

Just a good old 80's flix. No special effect, nothing fancy at all. Just a fun post apocalyptic movie. It funny watching the actors that are in this movie with minor roles & look at'em now. Even Swayze's Wife was in it. 3 1/2 stars

60002436.jpg

Gotta love these Thailand Action Flix! They don't go crazy with the wires like the American Martial Art movies nowaday. A mix of Drunken Style & Break Dance fighting style, sounds goofy but it looks Awesome lol. Story was corny, but the Fighting was very fun to watch. Some of those hits had to be real! 4 Stars

70137798.jpg

That cover looks nothing like the Movie, it threw me off. Thought I was watching the wrong movie lol.

the-last-airbender-movie-poster.jpg

When I read movie reviews, I don't take them to heart. Many times I read how bad or great a movie is and once I watch it for myself. It turns out to be the opposite. But, when the Movie Critics said this move was a terrible movie, they were 100% right.

I remember watching the Animated Series with my son back in 05 and I really enjoyed it. It had great animation, great story, great action, a lot of imagination went into it. 3 season of a total 54 episodes and the final episode was epic.

Everything the Animated Series had the Live Action Movie DID NOT. Terrible acting, all the water, fire, air and earth bend special effects look terrible. They tried to fit 2 season worth of storyline in a 1 1/2 hour movie, so they jump all over the place to the point were the movie didn't making any sense. Judging by the Ending, it seems that they had plan to make a sequel, but I seriously doubt it considering how terrible the first movie is. If it happens, I bet it'll be a Direct to DVD release.

I finally finished with Dead Like Me. Loved it for the most part, but by the end of the second (and last) season, I understood why it was cancelled. The show started falling apart HARD once the creator left after the first season, and got far too dark and depressing.

SO now I'm on to The IT Crowd. Hilarious british geek comedy series.

Anyone have streaming problems last night?

I dropped a quality bar for about a half-hour, but that was about it.