Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
FineAgedTequila

How did you find TAG?

How did you find TAG?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find TAG?

• Fellow gamer
    • Other website or forum
    • Podcast
    • Search engine
    • Other

As a few of the elders, I was at GNG, then I created an infamous poll which caused the mass exodus to AGE. I was one of the damn council members at AGE pretty much from day one and kept getting elected (suckers!!!), then I eventually broke down and registered at both sites, and since most of the activity moved to TAG, I ended up spending most of my time here, but still have a few friends at AGE.

Oh and Berserker is the guy who got me into GNG, if anyone remembers that name, and then I met Sharky and Old Painless, and then Nef and Porph and Gigan and Moczar (Igotissues), I think that was the main people, I am sure i missed someone.

Due to all the pain and angst at being a council member for so long, I have tried to stay out of it here, and even took a long hiatus from xbox gaming due to frustrations and then I got hooked on WoW, not for the game, but for the social experience gaming with friends. Never was much of a RPGer, so I am back to my first love, FPS games.

I guess the way i found this place is through "chipgm"

My family has a restaurant in Madison, Indiana. One of our regular customer came in one day and saw a Gameinformer sitting on one of the chairs. He walked up and asked if it was mine, told him it was. Asked if I was older than 21. Said yes. Then he suggested a website for me to join, which at the time was AGE. It wasn't till a year later roughly that he told me about TAG. Then one day, BBQ, Icky, Jaguar, Drummerdude, Grim came into the restaurant held a gun to my head and against my will told me to sign up at TAG or else! Been held hostage here ever since.

• Like 1

My family has a restaurant in Madison, Indiana. One of our regular customer came in one day and saw a Gameinformer sitting on one of the chairs. He walked up and asked if it was mine, told him it was. Asked if I was older than 21. Said yes. Then he suggested a website for me to join, which at the time was AGE. It wasn't till a year later roughly that he told me about TAG. Then one day, BBQ, Icky, Jaguar, Drummerdude, Grim came into the restaurant held a gun to my head and against my will told me to sign up at TAG or else! Been held hostage here ever since.

lol

Some how, I found this site through Twitter... I don't quite recall the entire search process, but I was impressed that forum posts were Twitterereed(sp.) from this site. So here I am. Thanks for having me.

Some how, I found this site through Twitter... I don't quite recall the entire search process, but I was impressed that forum posts were Twitterereed(sp.) from this site. So here I am. Thanks for having me.

This one still blows my mind. I never thought that we'd actually get a member from the Twitter feed ...

This one still blows my mind. I never thought that we'd actually get a member from the Twitter feed ...

i didnt even know we have a twitter...who does it?

It's an automated thing. I was looking for the thread but can't find it. I don't tweet. :lol: I think if you do a search for theadultgamer on Twitter you might be able to find it.

Yeah, it's automated.

http://twitter.com/theadultgamer

I think that was the main people, I am sure i missed someone.

:P

Damn it, I knew I missed someone... I missed Johnny 5 Alive!!!

Oh and it was a stupid poll on who to make the butt of all jokes for the day. I actually was just screwing around with the forums tools and such and then got flack from the Elders of that site that were PC gamers and thought we were scum. It got ugly for no reason, but it was just another step in the evolution.

I basically did not want to stay at that site and neither did a few others, so we left and began to create AGE. Many of the way things are handled and the rules at AGE and carried over to here, I was a part of helping out with, and I am proud of that. I worked with many other great people on the Council and made lasting friendships. But Council duty is not always fun and games people think it to be, but can be a great experience and you get to give back.

I was actually a lurker for about a month or so. Being apart of the PSU forums for about 3 years, after awhile the PSU (Phantasy Star Universe) forums were getting over run with assholes & kids. The Mods & Admins were showing favor to the ass kisser & pretty much all my PSU buddies started quitting the game & moving to FFXI.

After a while Sega decided to merge the PSU forums with the Sega forums & things got even worse. Things got so bad that Sega had to get rid of the Rep system, because it was getting abused. So that's when I started looking else where.

I googled "adult gamer forum", the first link took me to a Hentai like gaming website lol (I backed out of the site right away I swearz! :blush:)Then the next link took me here. I watch what yall were all about & studied how many Good people TAG had verse how many Assholes there were. After about a month I decided to join & posted an intro thread.

I wanted an Adult Gaming forum were I could engage in Adult & mature conversations without someone calling me a Fucker, Fag, Douche Bag, etc, etc, just because I didn't agree with their point of view......

My search continues. :?

Edited by Faust74

I was actually a lurker for about a month or so. Being apart of the PSU forums for about 3 years, after awhile the PSU (Phantasy Star Universe) forums were getting over run with assholes & kids. The Mods & Admins were showing favor to the ass kisser & pretty much all my PSU buddies started quitting the game & moving to FFXI.

After a while Sega decided to merge the PSU forums with the Sega forums & things got even worse. Things got so bad that Sega had to get rid of the Rep system, because it was getting abused. So that's when I started looking else where.

I googled "adult gamer forum", the first link took me to a Hentai like gaming website lol (I backed out of the site right away I swearz! :blush:)Then the next link took me here. I watch what yall were all about & studied how many Good people TAG had verse how many Assholes there were. After about a month I decided to join & posted an intro thread.

I wanted an Adult Gaming forum were I could engage in Adult & mature conversations without someone calling me a Fucker, Fag, Douche Bag, etc, etc, just because I didn't agree with their point of view......

My search continues. :?

So when you were still lurking, was I one of the assholes or a good person. Hurry up and answer me you douchey fag fucker. :s1029:

So when you were still lurking, was I one of the assholes or a good person. Hurry up and answer me you douchey fag fucker. :s1029:

Actually, the one guy I figure that was going to be the biggest trouble maker is no longer active in the forums. He did try to kind of get under my skin a couple of times, but it was nothing serious. I think some stuff had happened behind the scenes when I was just a Regular.

Some of the other people I dubbed as trouble makers are still here, they aren't as bad as I thought they be. But, then again I guess that would depend on who you are talking to lol. They just haven't giving me that hard of a time. :P

Edited by Faust74

Actually, one the guy I figure that was going to be the biggest trouble maker is no longer active in the forums. He did try to kind of get under my skin a couple of times, but it was nothing serious. I think some stuff had happened behind the scenes when I was just a Regular.

Some of the other people I dubbed as trouble makers are still here, they aren't as bad as I thought they be. But, then again I guess that would depend on who you are talking to lol. They just haven't giving me that hard of a time. :P

And I'm just an angel like you originally though.

Did a google search around the 360 launch because after 3 days of playing with the GP, I hated them. Google search led me to AGE, and I was there for a couple weeks playing Perfect Dark Zero. AGE was a little too "let's all hold hands" for me (I like to run my mouth a bit... all in good fun tho), and a few of the players who were still at both AGE & TAG led me over to TAG.

Then I proceeded to destroy Nef in DOA4 on a nightly basis causing him to quesion is own self worth. (LAG Counters had nothing to do with it...)

Then I proceeded to destroy Nef in DOA4 on a nightly basis causing him to quesion is own self worth. (LAG Counters had nothing to do with it...)

You're bad at lying. However, your Lag counters were beastly.

i saw a post by apache on bungie.net and he talked about a community of adult gamers. i thought to myself "well thats just fine" so i came and joined