Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
FineAgedTequila

How did you find TAG?

How did you find TAG?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find TAG?

• Fellow gamer
    • Other website or forum
    • Podcast
    • Search engine
    • Other

I was playing some domination in MW2, i got put on a team with BB and few other TAGGERS. I just asked about and after a few matches they told me to check it out and sign up.

Then I proceeded to destroy Nef in DOA4 on a nightly basis causing him to quesion is own self worth. (LAG Counters had nothing to do with it...)

This story is relevant to my interests.

In other news, I miss Tanner.

Then I proceeded to destroy Nef in DOA4 on a nightly basis causing him to quesion is own self worth. (LAG Counters had nothing to do with it...)

Tanner is on my Facebook...he just does not game anymore...great guy....I am just glad Nef and Porph decided to come out from behind that shed, and was actually fully clothed!!

Tanner is on my Facebook...he just does not game anymore...great guy....I am just glad Nef and Porph decided to come out from behind that shed, and was actually fully clothed!!

I miss that shed...*drift down memory lane* The blood stain on the door that kinda looked like a unicorn. The missing and rotten wooden planks of the old shed. The beautiful rusted tin roof. Oh, there will never be another shed quite like that one.

I marked other because I wasn't really sure how to respond. But ultimately I credit DavidNDC and hitman23vtech with pointing me to TAG.

Funny enough while googling to make sure I had their gamertags correct, I found this.

Ahhh memories. :)

That's funny Hatter!:D

Like a few here I came from the other site.

I miss that shed...*drift down memory lane* The blood stain on the door that kinda looked like a unicorn. The missing and rotten wooden planks of the old shed. The beautiful rusted tin roof. Oh, there will never be another shed quite like that one.

This bring it all back....

On a side note, Can I say I miss Black Arrow....:s1011:

Warning: nearly useless historical nostalgia is below. Skip this post unless you are ultra bored.

Funny enough while googling to make sure I had their gamertags correct, I found this.

Wow, it's crazy to think that history is archived somewhere like that. I'd kill for an mp3 of that last council meeting we did via Xbox Live (it might have been done in Black Arrow).

When no resolution to the conflict was made the entire Council left AGE and started a new website The Adult Gamer created by Hatter.

Not that anyone cares, but that tidbit about 'the entire council' isn't entirely true. I was on that last AGE council and didn't leave AGE for TAG. It was maybe two weeks before I even knew TAG existed and when I figured it out, I made an account here to say hi. I maintained accounts on AGE and TAG (and XMG!) and stayed active in each for a long while and slowly stopped posting on AGE. I still have a bunch of AGE folk on my FL and am still friends with Hitman (we're both officers in our Warcraft guild).

Does anyone recall the incident that was the straw that broke the camel's back between the council and admins? I do!

I might be wrong on this but part of it was that the admin was only suppose to do admin stuff and the council was to monitor the site but the admin decide it was their job to police, I think that was a part of it, Hatter I thinks remembers better. I also remember being on the phone with Hatter when we were looking over the site he wanted to create, and the next thing we know we had over 20 members and then that blew everything else up at AGE. Am I a little bit right Hatter? old age has gotten my memory...lol

Does anyone recall the incident that was the straw that broke the camel's back between the council and admins? I do!
Do tell. :(

I'm trying to remember what the absolute final straw was.

The general set of circumstances were that the admins banned a few people without consulting the Council. One person who deserved it and Sokaar. I called DavidNDC out only being an admin because his brother-in-law provided the server AGE was using for a host. I said they overstepped their bounds and shouldn't have ultimate authority on the website. He banned me (a Council member) for my comments in the private Council Chambers. I got pissed and told him and Hitman to go fuck themselves in a very heated phone conversation. Then I talked to Nef and I-C-P about starting our own site. I think IcePrincess, Rogar and I went out in Orlando when I was in town for work and came up with the new site name. Registered it that next day and the site blew up when tons of people started signing up before we even knew it.

That sound about right?

I'm trying to remember what the absolute final straw was.

[snip]

That sound about right?

Yeah, that sounds right. I recall additional details about the bannings...

I think it was during GRAW 1's hey day. That game wasn't so smart about spawning and would place you near your home base area even if there was someone there. Spawn camping was way too easy and you'd find yourself doing it even if you didn't want to. The Judgement found himself in that situation enough to be seen as being a spawn camper by several people who then did the right thing and asked their friendly local council person to say something to him. I agreed with those people btw. Judgement was always very aggressive.

I think I said something to Sharky about the complaints who then wasted no time and went directly to Judgement and told him to knock it off (and banned?). That was the type of thing the council should have handled, not the admins (at least, that's the perception of the council at the time). If I recall correctly, Sharky and Judgment were friends in real life maybe (?) so Sharky thought it would be smart to just say 'hey, stop that' and he was probably right that he was in a good position to solve that problem. But, doing that really was the council's responsibility and we didn't even get a chance to do that (we liked to at least inform the other council people that someone needed to be talked to before doing it).

Add this in with Hatter's notes and I think you have the story.

And yeah, it was surprising how quickly people signed up at TAG in the numbers that they did.

The true crime in all this is that ColdColors was never mentioned as being the primary douche bag back at the gng site.

/me sits around the campfire

tell me more stories of the forgotten days elders

Yup, I love hearing those back in the day stories too. ;)

I was one of the lasts Council members at Age. What really sent me over here was when Dean decided to air my PM to some of the Age members about Tag. That thread didn't last long...and neither did most of their members. ;)

That last voice chat with Hitman was classic. I remember pretty much sorting everything out only to go the site and have a shit storm blow through. It was so obvious that the three kings were full of themselves. I do miss Grumpy though.

I was pointed to AGE by a friend to join a NFL 2K5 league. I enjoyed my experience in the league and stuck around the site and was rewarded with many new friendships. When the day of the split came, I think it was Ice Princess who pointed me in the direction of TAG. I soon registered and found out that more and more of the people on my friends list made the cross over to here, so this became my new home.

Unfortunately, my gaming time has been significantly reduced due to a promotion and increase in workload at my job. I'm still around, just haven't had much free time to spare.

I picked TAG out of a list of adult gaming sites, as an ambassador I had the task of finding other groups who might want to have a mixer. Lucky me or unlucky you depending how you look at it.

I joined up after playing GRAW with Capt Nink and Fatherwaggs a couple of times and they convinced me that I should join up (good advice).

I was having a conversation with mrsvolfan (now BB) one day and got the sudden perception that she wasn't paying attention to anything I was saying (as she laughed at something that was captivating her attention on her iPhone). As I was about to ask her what the he'll was up with her, she says "oh fuck, they're going to kill me!". Then tells me about her new career as a vampire bus driver or something. I really thought she had list her mind!!! Anyway, that game of vamps is what really attracted me. Still love it today, and now at least I know that my buddy BB isn't totally insane!

i happened to meet one of you during a Madden beatin and found that we share the same views about gaming.:good:

I first met Fatherwags on GOW. Then was introduced to SupaJigga and some of his clan. After months of playing with them in GOW I finally checked out the site. I got to say It has changed gaming for me ever since. Would not not want it any other way..

I first met Fatherwags on GOW. Then was introduced to SupaJigga and some of his clan. After months of playing with them in GOW I finally checked out the site. I got to say It has changed gaming for me ever since. Would not not want it any other way..

I joined when Wooly, Dred, and I were together in Clan C4. I joined to participate in the Child's Play tournament at the time. I think we were competing in CoD2 and later Gears. Although I was under age so Dred sponsored me in.

I remember fatherwags bringing you in to our practice nights, Chip. I always felt bad because you always ended up against our team but you never cared. Chip is one of the few gamers I know who can take a beating in a game all night and still be laughing it off at the end.

Eventually Dred left C4 to join Team TAG (later known as AFK) and then asked Wooly and I to join AFK later. Then I had a falling out with one of the members of AFK, I left the team, and they eventually disbanded soon after.

I remember coming here after a particularly bad night on halo. Wanted to kick a kitten. Been here ever since and many kittens have been spared and subsequently adopted. ;)