Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spark

Getting back into BFBC2

28 posts in this topic

So I spent some time on Black Ops a few nights ago and realized that I'm just over this game. Considering everyone on TAG plays hardcore and owns the new maps I rarely get to play with any TAG. BF helps create so much more of a team-oriented game that I have my run & gun shooter taken care of with Halo (which I prefer to BO anyway). I know our game nights are Saturday but does anyone play more regularly than that? I want to get back into the game (now that I've been educated on all kit weapons).

I'm considering buying Vietnam but the vote for last week's game was very weighted towards non-vietnam games. I've Got a GS gift card that I'll probably burn buying the code right at the store. Has anyone done this? I don't want any complications buying a download code vs purchasing directly off of the marketplace with points or directly through the BF game store.

send me fr, you'll see i play bfbc2 almost every night/day and i'm usually not alone, so we'll usually have a squad or two going.

vietnam is great, get it if u like bfbc2. on the other hand, onslaught isn't all that, but it's worth 400 ms pts if it's that price, i paid 800 for onslaught.

send me fr, you'll see i play bfbc2 almost every night/day and i'm usually not alone, so we'll usually have a squad or two going.

vietnam is great, get it if u like bfbc2. on the other hand, onslaught isn't all that, but it's worth 400 ms pts if it's that price, i paid 800 for onslaught.

FR sent. See you on there.

I think I'll hold off on vietnam since a lot of ppl are still playing core. I really don't want to divide my time between two separate playlists.

I havent really got into any other mode than just squad deathmatch but am willing to give them a shot. Half of my FL is Blops right now and is hard to find a BF game could I join up with you guys?

I havent really got into any other mode than just squad deathmatch but am willing to give them a shot. Half of my FL is Blops right now and is hard to find a BF game could I join up with you guys?

You're always welcome in by book. Tripp isn't very welcoming however :)

If you guys see me on playing another game, send me an invite and I'll switch over unless I'm in a single player mood. This and AC and sometimes Halo are the only multiplayer games I'm really into lately.

After today I'm going to be online and playing a lot more...and BFBC2 is going to be my game of choice.

I'll be playing regular and Vietnam, so whatever is good for you is good for me.

You're always welcome in by book. Tripp isn't very welcoming however :)

couldnt add you FL full

I haven't been playing lately but I will be getting back into it soon. I got sucked back into the waste land of Fallout 3. sent you a FR spark and shaggy

So I spent some time on Black Ops a few nights ago and realized that I'm just over this game. Considering everyone on TAG plays hardcore and owns the new maps I rarely get to play with any TAG. BF helps create so much more of a team-oriented game that I have my run & gun shooter taken care of with Halo (which I prefer to BO anyway). I know our game nights are Saturday but does anyone play more regularly than that? I want to get back into the game (now that I've been educated on all kit weapons).

I'm considering buying Vietnam but the vote for last week's game was very weighted towards non-vietnam games. I've Got a GS gift card that I'll probably burn buying the code right at the store. Has anyone done this? I don't want any complications buying a download code vs purchasing directly off of the marketplace with points or directly through the BF game store.

I'm down for playing whenever I'm on. I will play regular and vietnam. Hit me up!

FR Accepted Dmadman

FR Sent Shaggy

You'll always be my #1 Femme :P

I will play more when I can, I sunk tons of time into this game in the first 3-4 months that I have gotten burnt out, but once I do force myself to pop it back in I remember why I played it so much. I will accept any FR from BFBC2 players.

You can send me a FR. I am fairly new at the game and i'm usually on in the evenings and really enjoy this game as long as friends are on. xbox gamertag= sirhc7

Thanks so much for the games Tripp and gang.

FUCK CHOPPERS! Holy crap I had no idea they could dominate a map so badly. How do you take those fuckers down? I got a lucky hit with a tracer twice in 3 hours of game. How can a guy spend the entire game in a chopper and not have something to balance it out? Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see a surefire way to counter a chopper.

FUCK CHOPPERS! Holy crap I had no idea they could dominate a map so badly. How do you take those fuckers down? I got a lucky hit with a tracer twice in 3 hours of game. How can a guy spend the entire game in a chopper and not have something to balance it out? Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see a surefire way to counter a chopper.

Which map? Atacama Desert?

Which map? Atacama Desert?

I think it was heavy metal? I don't know the map names that well but it was the one with all the 3 bladed wind turbines on map. We had so many people on the other team bailing out of choppers to snipe from up there. Don't they realize the first person you kill from up there EASILY knows where to find you next? :(

it was heavy metal, we whooped some arse in choppers earlier in the night, then we had a game where we were the arse whooped, it happens.

i told spark choppers ain't shart in vietnam, i think that peaked his interest more in vietnam.

it was heavy metal, we whooped some arse in choppers earlier in the night, then we had a game where we were the arse whooped, it happens.

i told spark choppers ain't shart in vietnam, i think that peaked his interest more in vietnam.

I have no problem with power weapons / vehicles. Only when there is no way to really counter them. Was anyone else trying to tracer the chopper or is that pretty much a worthless endeavor? I have zero issue with tanks. They are tough but can be taken down if you're smart about it and equipped correctly. I still have yet to find a reliable means of taking out a chopper.

The tracer darts are really the only way. If you can manage to get a UAV up you could run into the chopper, if you had a good pilot on your team who manages to get off the ground you might have a chance. But yeah a great pilot will pretty much own everybody.

Yup if there is a good chopper pilot, good luck trying to get a tracer dart on there. Especially if they have the smoke addon.

if you want to play against or with the best chopper pilots and gunners in the game you play atacama desert in conquest mode. i've played with and against them, they'll tell you they can't do what they do without "decent" teammates if the other team is competent.

it's a team game, best team wins.

aa gun (vads in particular) is the most effective against helo's in my opinion, but you can't do jack on one if the chopper's teammates are sniping you off of it or killing you some other way. the tracer is great, IF you can trace the chopper and shot a rocket within 30 sec or however long a tracer last.

I guess I'll just start practicing my tracer darts. I'm still not 100% confident on how fast they travel or how far to lead with. They seem to act differently than regular bullets so It's hard to anticipate w/out practice.

I play BFBC2 a good amount. I live in Japan so my hours are a bit odd compared to state side but on the weekends I play during the evening stateside hours. please add me because playing with randoms gives me gray hairs