• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calvin

Anyone else excited for the new Tomb Raider?

CaptNink    1345

Game looks great but I might wait until later to pick it up. Bioshock Infinite is right around the corner.....

Calvin    988

I think it's going to be great on PC but I've pre-ordered mine for the 360. My PC can't compare to the HT set up for gaming even if it has nicer hair (although I guess I do have PC set up in the HT as well I just don't have the wireless xbox controller set up yet...)

Tripp    402

not excited about any tomb raider games, but I like watching me some Angelina bouncing around in tomb raider movies (thought that's what this might be about, a new movie, ha).

BadCooky81    126

Seems quite a few people went with the PC version too. Fingers crossed here that it isn't a half-asses port.

This. I preordered on Steam as well.

Nitemare1    1556

So this isn't out until Tuesday ! Well that explains that. I went into a walmart today and picked up the collectors edition. Went to the cash with it and the girl couldn't check it in. Foiled by a stupid computer!

I thought these things had tape on the boxes that said when you can put them out for sale?

Calvin    988

They do but Walmart doesn't usually hire the best and brightest. In the old days they used to sell it to you if they broke the street date but they don't anymore sadly

Nitemare1    1556

Well Walmart making me feel stupid on Saturday pretty much sealed me getting the pc version at some point down the road. Ill be damned if they are getting my 60$ now. I've got a lot of games to catch up on anyway.

romanodog    2383

Nite, if you want to pick it up on PC now you can get it on greenmangaming.com for $36 using this code: GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

Not sure if the code still works or not, it was up a few days ago.

Nitemare1    1556

Nite, if you want to pick it up on PC now you can get it on greenmangaming.com for $36 using this code: GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

Not sure if the code still works or not, it was up a few days ago.

Thanks. Ill check it out when I get home tonight

adam2104    185

Tried this late last night. Got through the first little part, so far, very well done. It plays nicely with an Xbox 360 controller on the PC. I'm playing with "Ultra" settings at 1920x1200 with Tessellation and the TressFX hair stuff turned off. I didn't think the hair stuff looked particularly great and it slays the framerate on Nvidia hardware (shitty compute ability). I have tessellation turned off because supposedly it's crashing the game on PCs with Nvidia hardware. I'll turn it back on when that is sorted.

Nitemare1    1556

I managed to get a collectors edition like I wanted. I didnt expect there would be any left by the time I got off work but there were still a couple left. Will try it later tonight.

Orion31    201

I'm loving it so far. there was a part in the beginning were you have to cross a gap, by walking across the tree... when I slipped on the log my heart totally jumped... also the part where you are climbing up the slope right before you pop out of the cave... i did not press the button in time when the guy was grabbing my leg, so I was smashed by that rock, it totally freaked me out as well.

and man it looks so good on PC! if anyone has a fairly good PC... i would say get it for PC.

Calvin    988

It looks and plays awesome on Xbox 360 as well (I'm sure it plays the same and looks better on PC of course) but the Xbox 360 isn't a bad buy either. More to follow as I'm a bit further in but so far this game is awesome!!

Nitemare1    1556

If there's one huge draw back in this game it's the far too many quick time events. I really hate that. Nothing takes me out of a game more than flashing controller buttons on the screen. I am enjoying it though otherwise

romanodog    2383

If there's one huge draw back in this game it's the far too many quick time events. I really hate that. Nothing takes me out of a game more than flashing controller buttons on the screen. I am enjoying it though otherwise

Yea, really turned off by the amount of quicktime events in the first hour of the game. I'm guessing that once you get into the meat of the game it'll be more platforming/puzzles.

Calvin    988

The quicktime events go away after the start for the most part and it becomes more of a sandbox RPG. I really like the new "reboot" it's like a 3rd person Far Cry 3 but it seems more gritty / real. This game has a ton of polish. Once I'm a bit more into the game I'll do up a review give me a day or two but I can see a gold controller award all over this one.

• Like 1