Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
no1hustler

Official TAG Grilling/BBQing Thread

should have used corned beef! lol

corned beef + smoker = pastrami

that brisket looks amazing though. last time i smoked a brisket it turned into rubber.

.... and there goes his cred...

what i never said i was good with beef. chicken and pork are my jams yo! 

should have used corned beef! lol

corned beef + smoker = pastrami

that brisket looks amazing though. last time i smoked a brisket it turned into rubber.

.... and there goes his cred...

what i never said i was good with beef. chicken and pork are my jams yo!

if you cannot do beef, you can't be trusted with chicken nor pork!

Actually, beef in general is the most challenging meat to smoke, so his cred is still worthy. :P Beef has larger muscle groups, so it does better when you braise it.

I thought about doing corned beef, but we steer clear because of all the salt.

Tonight we had the brisket with BBQ spaghetti and it was fabulous!

• Like 1

Actually, beef in general is the most challenging meat to smoke, so his cred is still worthy. :p Beef has larger muscle groups, so it does better when you braise it.

sounds tasty! 

and take that booboo bbq cred stands so says madwik! lol

Actually, beef in general is the most challenging meat to smoke, so his cred is still worthy. :p Beef has larger muscle groups, so it does better when you braise it.

sounds tasty!

and take that booboo bbq cred stands so says madwik! lol

smoking = Bbqing?!?! Madness!

Please tell me what bbq spaghetti is.

It's popular in Memphis. It's basically spaghetti in a modified BBQ sauce with pulled pork or ribs. I think the flavor is sometimes too sweet and overpowering, so I mix a sweet and smokey BBQ sauce with a bold spaghetti sauce, something with peppers and onions. Tonight it was bourbon BBQ sauce and Paul Newman's Sockrooni.

And yes, Ubo, barbecue is made from smoking meat, low and slow over indirect heat. The low temperature allows the connective tissue to break down and the meat retains moisture, and the heavy smoke gives barbecued meats the distinctive red ring around the outside and the fabulous taste.

There's also the generalized "barbecue" term that refers to cooking meat over flame, be it high or low.

• Like 3

Marinating your meat in beer is actually good for you (and your meat).

The findings, which appear in the current issue of the “Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry,” suggest that marinating meat in beer helps reduce the eventual formation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (“PAHs,” for short) on your dinner.

Why you care: PAHs are “a group of chemicals that occur naturally in coal, crude oil and gasoline.” They’re associated with cancers in laboratory animals and found in cigarette smoke. But PAHs can also form on meat when it’s cooked at very high temperatures, such as on a backyard grill. Yikes.

https://www.yahoo.com/food/the-number-1-reason-to-marinate-your-meat-in-beer-80806472024.html

• Like 2

I want to convert the bed of my pickup into a mobile barbecue. I want to put a smoker, charcoal/propane grill, a built in cooler, and storage space for grilling supplies.  

• Like 1

I want to convert the bed of my pickup into a mobile barbecue. I want to put a smoker, charcoal/propane grill, a built in cooler, and storage space for grilling supplies.  

im building a small charcoal smokers this year pretty simple and cheap.

havent told the wife yet lol 

time for everyone's favourite game, Facebook blackmail!!! Yaaaay!

to late just told her. 

she didnt seem surprised lol

to late just told her.

We'll see her reaction on Facebook!

to late just told her.

We'll see her reaction on Facebook!

go for it. im going to paint it like r2d2! weeee! (if you remember that post she already agreed to it.)

to late just told her. 

Sounds like when I finally decided I was going to buy an Xbox One. Told my wife I wanted to, she was like, "oh... I assumed you already preordered that and the PS4."

• Like 2

wns71xIh.jpg

Spicy bbqed chicken wings! And a vanilla porter for Feffernoose and hustler!

• Like 3

This may sound crazy but I just did a 20 minute marinade on chicke breast that was bbq sauce and teriyaki sauce. A little salt, pepper, garlic, splash of soy and Worcestershire, amaze-balls! (People still say that, right?) Currently enjoying an after dinner coffee stout.

I'll be doing a ham tomorrow.

nice im doing one on easter this year. did one last year and it was amazing. 3 hours on a smoker woooooo

I am doing one for easter also. Today is a trial run because why not?

• Like 2