Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex

A welcome to all our new members! (how to use our site)

I don't feel like replying to each of y'all individually, but welcome to TAG. :wave:

Our site has grown a bit over the years so it might be a little confusing to navigate and find everything, you can blame council for that, or as a matter of fact, any problems you have in the future. :s1190:

Now lets get started with our home page, shall we?

I've highlighted a few areas of interest that will help you get to know the site better that are right on our home page.

Green is where you can find, read, manage and send private messages and notifications to or from other TAGGERS. When you have an unread message you will see a notification on the envelope letting you that you've got mail! Pay close attention to this if you're playing vampires and villains! (Unashamed plug!)

Blue is where you can click to get a quick and easy to read list of the forums or topics that have been updated since you last visited, or if they have been posted in while you have been browsing the site. Simply click on the view new content button and you will see a list of each topic and the replies to them. Topics and threads you are caught up on will be grayed out, even if they remain on the list, while unread posts and new posts in a topic or thread will cause the topic itself to be displayed in bold as displayed below.

v7DA8wA.jpg

To quickly get to the newest unread post in a thread, simply click on the bullet point next to the listed thread. It's that easy. :D

Yellow of course is where you will find a list for up coming gaming events, hosted by TAGGERS, for TAGGERS. A time and a date is easy to find, as well as a link to the thread describing the event.

Red Is where you can find games that are currently hot on TAG, and being played by a number of TAGGERS. I would also like to note that should you wish to do some shopping through Amazon, you can support our website by using the links to the right here. You will be charged no extra money through amazon, and it helps our website by using our links. :)

iyby15J.jpg

Of course a little further down on the home page you'll find all the relevant news and information about things happening around TAG, streams from our members, as well as game and movie reviews and our TAG IT news letter. I recommend you browse around and see what piques your interest on the home page. Plenty of quick and easy to find information there. :good:

Now that we're off of the home page, lets get into the meat of the website shall we? The all mighty forums! This is where you will find the majority of TAG's content, and navigate around different sub forums, each classified into their own groups so that they can be easy to find.

The sub groups themselves are highlighted in red. This is where you can see which group the forums below it call under. Below that in green, we have the sub forums themselves. Each sub forum houses all the topics posted to them that fall under that particular category. Of course, since I've highlighted the introduction forums, y'all should know about this already as you've made a post there... right? :s1190:

Now yellow is where you can see the thread that was last updated in that particular sub forum, as well as who posted in it last, and at what time.

And last but not least, blue is where you will find sub categories of the sub forums. This will not take you to the sub forum itself, but a specific section of the sub forum that only shows posts relating to that particular sub section.

g8cIYJ5.jpg

Now that's all well and good and everything. This site is starting to look pretty nice! But how do I show my individuality and who I am on the site? There are so many people on here, I really want to distinguish myself.

Well have no worries! That can all be handled very easily by clicking on your profile at the top right of your screen!

Here you can edit your profile details, personal information, game systems and account names, all by clicking the edit my profile button! Of course you'll need a snazzy new profile picture to go with your new profile, so be sure to click the change button on your profile picture to find that avatar that is just right for you.

TAtEEKU.jpg

Man, this is great! I've got my profile all set up, I know where I want to browse, and I'm ready to be set off into the world of TAG! But wait a minute... I can't connect to chat for some reason. This is an outrage! I demand to be shown to someone who I can complain to at once! 

Well have no fear, because at the bottom of our forums page, you'll find this nifty little info bar.

ZdTRFxT.jpg

Here you can see the current TAGGERS browsing the forums in red. As well as who is currently active in chat in blue. But that's not why you scrolled all the way down here, so I'll quit wasting your time. Under yellow you will find the current moderating team. These are the members of TAG who make sure the website stays in order and we don't all catch on fire and burn down the servers! You can come to the members of council if you every have a problem with anything on the site, or need a little extra help. They'll tell you to file a complaint in the complaint box (it's actually a paper shredder), but you can always come to them to bitch and moan about your problems. :D

That's about all I have for you for now, and you should be about ready to start you adventures on TAG! Browse around, find what interests you and maybe share some news or interesting happenings with us. Maybe even review a game or two! We're happy to have you here!

And remember, we're not so much of a clan, but more of a gang.  :s1012:

Alex, that's awesome!  Thanks for creating a nice primer for the site.  :s1182:

I stickied it, and I hope you don't mind that I modified the title a little.

Look at Alex sucking up to council by doing work.....  Good jorb

You don't understand! They threaten to ban me unless I do all the grunt work! 

I mean... ignore that. I love helping out. ;)

Did he post this somewhere only members could see it?

Made you look!

I did look. /smh I was thinking as I was scrolling up "Alex is green though."

This explains why he boosted a character in Warcraft, joined the guild and then never logged in again. Sucking up to Council. For shame, for shame.

Good work though...just for shame. 

Made you look!

This explains why he boosted a character in Warcraft, joined the guild and then never logged in again. Sucking up to Council. For shame, for shame.

I actually can't afford to pay wow right now. Had to unsubscribe my account. :(

Made you look!

I actually can't afford to pay wow right now. Had to unsubscribe my account. :(

Boo! Boo I say!

...sell some blood. It's Warcraft dammit!

In the mobile app it says i have 3 notifications but it says i dont have permission to chat?

It means 3 people are in chat, and you should have that ability now that you have 10 posts.