Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toni

Who's getting Advanced Warfare?

103 posts in this topic

I swore I was done with COD after Ghost, but sadly I already have Advanced Warfare preloaded on my Xbox. Got a free $60 from MS and said what the hell. Not sure if I'll have time to play much but I will have it. Anyone else?

I'm interested, but there are a lot of other games that are more interesting so at this point I'm still on the fence.

Between Destiny and Halo, I think I'm going to pass. I would already have preloaded it if it was made by Treyarch or didn't have the waist-high POV that all IW and now Sledgehammer CoD games do.

I canceled my pre-order as I am loving Destiny too much. I also have a bunch of PC single-player games I haven't touched and will be getting the new Dragon Age in a month.

1 person likes this

Nope.  I will buy only Treyarch CoD games anymore. 

2 people like this

In the end I think I'm going with Halo if I pick up another shooter this year. This is still on the "maybe, if the reviews show that a lot of the new stuff is good" list.

If it stinks I will be trading it in for Far Cry 4 though!

If it stinks I will be trading it in for Far Cry 4 though!

I'm getting both, Far Cry for when I'm on my own, and COD when other peeps start checking in

I was on the fence until last night. I was watching youtube and they played an add for it.  It looks pretty good, those guys know how to put a trailer together.... so i guess Im still on the fence LOL

Maybe this will help:

All that did was remind me of why I hate CoD multiplayer that isn't CoD4. The whole video is from the view of "that guy who always kills you before you can get a shot off."

4 people like this

My usual pov is the killcam lol.

2 people like this

My usual pov is the killcam lol.

Hardcore is the way to play my friend :)

2 people like this

The Waist high pov doesn't bother you guys?

You're the only person that complains about this constantly!

2 people like this

Does it make sense? -Not really

Does it change the core gameplay in any way at all? -Nope

Does everybody else playing have the same POV? -Yep

I honestly wouldn't have ever noticed this on my own, and I still fail to see how it impacts gameplay...we still gotta point and shoot, right?

If you step back and think about it, it's an odd design choice, but it sure doesn't break the game. We were willing to play BF4 for months even though it constantly crashed and rubber-banded, along with many other problems which were much more 'real' than a perceived issue with the height of the player's POV.

I didn't think I would ever get a COD game again, but since Hardline is delayed and not many people are playing BF4 now that it is fixed, I figure this is my best bet for FPS play this fall.

Maybe this will help:

All that did was remind me of why I hate CoD multiplayer that isn't CoD4. The whole video is from the view of "that guy who always kills you before you can get a shot off."

Sorry.  I think I'm that guy.

nope, ill still be on world of tanks

1 person likes this

Having to aim up from the waist high pov to headshot ppl does change the gameplay.

It's VERY noticeable when you walk up to a car and your eyes are level with the door handle, your eyes are level with a barrel on the ground etc... I cannot believe the best FPS has devolved into such crap thanks to ppl complaining about headglitching and them not finding a way to remove chin-high objects in the game or making the bullets come out of the gun, rather than your eyes!

If I do not buy this CoD, it will be the 1st time I've ever skipped a CoD. I've invested over 300 hours into every CoD except MW3 and Ghosts, due to this idiotic move by IW and now Sledgehammer.

Having to aim up from waist the waist high pov to headshot ppl does change the gameplay.

It's VERY noticeable when you walk up to a car and your eyes are level with the door handle, your eyes are level with a barrel on the ground etc... I cannot believe the best FPS has devolved into such crap thanks to ppl complaining about headglitching and them not finding a way to remove chin-high objects in the game or making the bullets come out of the gun, rather than your eyes!

If I do not buy this CoD, it will be the 1st time I've ever skipped a CoD. I've invested over 300 hours into every CoD except MW3 and Ghosts, due to this idiotic move by IW and now Sledgehammer.

It's a different way to design a game. These are still games, not real lie, after all. In my book, better to just not play the ones you don't enjoy rather than demand that the designers of a successful game change for your personal tastes.

I don't like the angles, either, but I know plenty of people do or just don't mind, so I say let them play it their way.

The funny thing is, I never even noticed until you pointed it out here.  I, too, have played days and days on each CoD game.  The waist high view never affected the way I played, me KD, or my ability to be competitive.

1 person likes this