• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toni

Who's getting Advanced Warfare?

Toni    224

I swore I was done with COD after Ghost, but sadly I already have Advanced Warfare preloaded on my Xbox. Got a free $60 from MS and said what the hell. Not sure if I'll have time to play much but I will have it. Anyone else?

MaynardJames82    542

Between Destiny and Halo, I think I'm going to pass. I would already have preloaded it if it was made by Treyarch or didn't have the waist-high POV that all IW and now Sledgehammer CoD games do.

Wyvern13    445

I canceled my pre-order as I am loving Destiny too much. I also have a bunch of PC single-player games I haven't touched and will be getting the new Dragon Age in a month.

• Like 1

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

In the end I think I'm going with Halo if I pick up another shooter this year. This is still on the "maybe, if the reviews show that a lot of the new stuff is good" list.

Nitemare1    1556

I was on the fence until last night. I was watching youtube and they played an add for it.  It looks pretty good, those guys know how to put a trailer together.... so i guess Im still on the fence LOL

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

Maybe this will help:

All that did was remind me of why I hate CoD multiplayer that isn't CoD4. The whole video is from the view of "that guy who always kills you before you can get a shot off."

• Like 4

scAv3ngerTyp3    160

The Waist high pov doesn't bother you guys?

Does it make sense? -Not really

Does it change the core gameplay in any way at all? -Nope

Does everybody else playing have the same POV? -Yep

I honestly wouldn't have ever noticed this on my own, and I still fail to see how it impacts gameplay...we still gotta point and shoot, right?

If you step back and think about it, it's an odd design choice, but it sure doesn't break the game. We were willing to play BF4 for months even though it constantly crashed and rubber-banded, along with many other problems which were much more 'real' than a perceived issue with the height of the player's POV.

I didn't think I would ever get a COD game again, but since Hardline is delayed and not many people are playing BF4 now that it is fixed, I figure this is my best bet for FPS play this fall.

Says You    175

Maybe this will help:

All that did was remind me of why I hate CoD multiplayer that isn't CoD4. The whole video is from the view of "that guy who always kills you before you can get a shot off."

Sorry.  I think I'm that guy.

MaynardJames82    542

Having to aim up from the waist high pov to headshot ppl does change the gameplay.

It's VERY noticeable when you walk up to a car and your eyes are level with the door handle, your eyes are level with a barrel on the ground etc... I cannot believe the best FPS has devolved into such crap thanks to ppl complaining about headglitching and them not finding a way to remove chin-high objects in the game or making the bullets come out of the gun, rather than your eyes!

If I do not buy this CoD, it will be the 1st time I've ever skipped a CoD. I've invested over 300 hours into every CoD except MW3 and Ghosts, due to this idiotic move by IW and now Sledgehammer.

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

Having to aim up from waist the waist high pov to headshot ppl does change the gameplay.

It's VERY noticeable when you walk up to a car and your eyes are level with the door handle, your eyes are level with a barrel on the ground etc... I cannot believe the best FPS has devolved into such crap thanks to ppl complaining about headglitching and them not finding a way to remove chin-high objects in the game or making the bullets come out of the gun, rather than your eyes!

If I do not buy this CoD, it will be the 1st time I've ever skipped a CoD. I've invested over 300 hours into every CoD except MW3 and Ghosts, due to this idiotic move by IW and now Sledgehammer.

It's a different way to design a game. These are still games, not real lie, after all. In my book, better to just not play the ones you don't enjoy rather than demand that the designers of a successful game change for your personal tastes.

I don't like the angles, either, but I know plenty of people do or just don't mind, so I say let them play it their way.

Says You    175

The funny thing is, I never even noticed until you pointed it out here.  I, too, have played days and days on each CoD game.  The waist high view never affected the way I played, me KD, or my ability to be competitive.

• Like 1