• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toni

Who's getting Advanced Warfare?

no1hustler    5194

Maybe this will help:

All that did was remind me of why I hate CoD multiplayer that isn't CoD4. The whole video is from the view of "that guy who always kills you before you can get a shot off."

I'm with you on that. Since COD4, the game has been slowly evolving into the type of shooters that I despise. 

Primordial G00    1130

The only thing that will get me to buy this game is if my entire friends list dries up on every other game.  Even then, I might go play Minecraft.  Nothing against CoD necessarily, I've just never enjoyed them as much as many many other people.

Destiny, Halo: MCC , AC: Unity, LotR: Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquisition for me.

MaynardJames82    542

The Waist high pov doesn't bother you guys?

Does it change the core gameplay in any way at all? -Nope

Having to aim up from the waist high pov to headshot ppl does change the gameplay.

It's VERY noticeable when you walk up to a car and your eyes are level with the door handle, your eyes are level with a barrel on the ground etc... I cannot believe the best FPS has devolved into such crap thanks to ppl complaining about headglitching and them not finding a way to remove chin-high objects in the game or making the bullets come out of the gun, rather than your eyes!

If I do not buy this CoD, it will be the 1st time I've ever skipped a CoD. I've invested over 300 hours into every CoD except MW3 and Ghosts, due to this idiotic move by IW and now Sledgehammer.

It's a different way to design a game. These are still games, not real lie, after all. In my book, better to just not play the ones you don't enjoy rather than demand that the designers of a successful game change for your personal tastes.

I don't like the angles, either, but I know plenty of people do or just don't mind, so I say let them play it their way.

My problem is they just changed this in MW3, when sledgehammer came into the fold and most of the passionate ppl at IW left and formed Respawn. I loved CoD2/4/MW2 and until MW3 had no complaints (minus some balance issues in MW2) about the non-Treyarch CoD games.

xcoaste    609

The more that I am seeing, the more excited I am. Could just be a product of Ghosts being such a bad game though! I am pre ordered now though, so I will be on Nov. 3rd.

Calvin    989

That looks more like Unreal tourney then CoD when did CoD go all "turbo" and no I'll be passing I'm all done with the CoD train have been for awhile

• Like 1

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

That looks more like Unreal tourney then CoD when did CoD go all "turbo" and no I'll be passing I'm all done with the CoD train have been for awhile

CoD has been getting progressively "twitch shooter" since after CoD4. Was tolerable for a while but I stopped buying after MW2.

xcoaste    609

Downloading now.

Can you only download if you ordered the digital copy? Would be nice if you could pre-download with a physical copy but only activate it when you load the disc...

no1hustler    5194

Downloading now.

Can you only download if you ordered the digital copy? Would be nice if you could pre-download with a physical copy but only activate it when you load the disc...

Digital only. That is the selling perk of digital.

xcoaste    609

Downloading now.

Digital only. That is the selling perk of digital.

Ok, still not enough to make me switch! I liked having that disc in hand so I can trade it in if is stinks.

• Like 1

LilUbo    4496

My guess, you can play CoD offline so it doesn't matter that mp servers are up at different times. Destiny probably wanted all the servers up at the same time nationwide hence the 3am release.

MaynardJames82    542

My guess, you can play CoD offline so it doesn't matter that mp servers are up at different times. Destiny probably wanted all the servers up at the same time nationwide hence the 3am release.

From what I heard for Destiny and all other titles preloadable before it, they were only playable before 3am EST if they were MS 1st party games. I remember seeing CoD AW stating a 3am EST time a few weeks ago, but now its 12am just like the 1st party games.

I've also seen stores stating that they will sell the game at 9pm on the west coast, I think this is the new trend :)

Toni    224

Ugh... Guess I will miss the 2xp on day zero.

People have been trying to narrow it down to a specific problem. Some users are having the issue, some aren't. Preview members and non preview members are both having the issue, but it appears less people with the newest preview update are having the issue.

Also, COD had a day 1 update, and it appears less people with the automatic downloads on had the issue, as it auto downloaded the update last night. Others with the issue are saying when they click The game after unlocking, it said an update was required and that's what reinstalled the whole game.

POSSIBLE FIX: some people have reported that if it starts to download all over again, HARD BOOT. Been working for some people, others not so much.

I'm on mobile so I apologize for any typos. Just wanted to make you all aware of what I've been readinf regarding the issue, and a possible fix :)

MaynardJames82    542

OMG the hype has slowly been brewing in me since the MP reveal and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger, even though I F'n HATE the POV they are using. Everything else about they game has impressed me and I know this should be much better than Ghosts.

Bastards are getting my money again this year! I'm getting the disc so I can trade it in, if necessary.

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

OMG the hype has slowly been brewing in me since E3 and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger, even though I F'n HATE the POV they are using. Everything else about they game has impressed me and I know this should be much better than Ghosts.

Bastards are getting my money again this year! I'm getting the disc so I can trade it in, if necessary.

I'd be interested in your answer to the same one I asked last time I almost pulled the trigger on this:

What outside of the marketing videos makes you think this game will be any better than Ghosts?

MaynardJames82    542

OMG the hype has slowly been brewing in me since E3 and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger, even though I F'n HATE the POV they are using. Everything else about they game has impressed me and I know this should be much better than Ghosts.

I'd be interested in your answer to the same one I asked last time I almost pulled the trigger on this:

What outside of the marketing videos makes you think this game will be any better than Ghosts?

Between the upgradeable scorestreaks, the Titanfallish/Destiny style movement it should feel much different than Ghosts did. Ghosts was about as vanilla as any CoD I've played in the past 5 years.

Oh I forgot to mention both Gamestops told me that Advanced Warfare had a $40 trade in deal withing the 1st 30 days of release, however I could not find anything on the website stating that.

Plus I rarely find myself playing Crucible in Destiny (because the loot is far less rewarding) so it will be nice to have a game that draws me into the competitive ring on a regular basis.

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

Between the upgradeable scorestreaks, the Titanfallish/Destiny style movement it should feel much different than Ghosts did. Ghosts was about as vanilla as any CoD I've played in the past 5 years.

Oh I forgot to mention both Gamestops told me that Advanced Warfare had a $40 trade in deal withing the 1st 30 days of release, however I could not find anything on the website stating that.

Plus I rarely find myself playing Crucible in Destiny (because the loot is far less rewarding) so it will be nice to have a game that draws me into the competitive ring on a regular basis.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I came up with too. As someone who loves to play support roles, CoD still doesn't appeal to me. The only saving grace to Ghosts for me has been in going back to the campaign, there are plenty of moments where you switch to a support role temporarily.

Palamino    459

I read a review that said the campaign in COD AW is the best in a long time, but it's still only about 8 hours to complete. I have been watch some twitch feeds on multiplayer domination matches and I am now strongly considering getting this game. I gotta decide between xbox one and ps4, but I'm leaning toward ps4.