• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toni

Who's getting Advanced Warfare?

scAv3ngerTyp3    160

What outside of the marketing videos makes you think this game will be any better than Ghosts?

Unreasonable and completely illogical optimism on my part...

Oh, and I need something new to play

metalsiren    422

I read a review that said the campaign in COD AW is the best in a long time, but it's still only about 8 hours to complete. I have been watch some twitch feeds on multiplayer domination matches and I am now strongly considering getting this game. I gotta decide between xbox one and ps4, but I'm leaning toward ps4.

get it on the xbone ;)

• Like 3

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

I read a review that said the campaign in COD AW is the best in a long time, but it's still only about 8 hours to complete. I have been watch some twitch feeds on multiplayer domination matches and I am now strongly considering getting this game. I gotta decide between xbox one and ps4, but I'm leaning toward ps4.

get it on the xbone :s1190:

It will be interesting to see what the split is on this one, as Destiny was the first game to really have an equally healthy group on PS4, and right out of the gate we're seeing install issues on the XBO.

xcoaste    609

Any reviews, grabbing mine at lunch today. I will be on by 8PM EST. Probably going to play through the campaign first, even with the double xp.

Toni    224

Made it to level 28 online, finished the first mission and made it to round 5 on the Exo game mode. Overal, this game is awesome. Great, refreshing COD game. I'm lovin it!

Palamino    459

get it on the xbone :s1190:

It will be interesting to see what the split is on this one, as Destiny was the first game to really have an equally healthy group on PS4, and right out of the gate we're seeing install issues on the XBO.

I bought the digital copy last night from the Sony Playstation store.

I played the first 2 missions of the campaign, and I am very impressed.  It is silky smooth and very polished.  One interesting difference from other shooters is you have separate buttons for lethal grenades (frag, smart, etc) and tactical grenades (EMP, threat, etc).  I don't know if it was due to the late night gaming or my aged brain synapses, but I was having a helluva time remembering which button to press when the training mission instructor would call out throw a smart grenade...throw an EMP grenade, lol.   :blink:

I like it a lot, but I didn't think it felt like Titanfall (a game I didn't like at all).  To me, it felt much more like Destiny because the Exo suit gives you a double jump and when you are falling, you tap the square button (ps4) to fire the Exo suit jets to slow your descent, much like you do in Destiny.  The Exo suit also gives you a Boost ability (I think that's what it's called) that behaves like time is slowed so you can take out multiple bad guys before they can return fire.  I think the idea isn't that time has slowed, but instead you have sped up, but the sensation feels like the world is moving in slow motion.

I bought it on the ps4 because I now like the dual shock controller more than the xbox one controller, the ps4 feels more responsive to my button presses, and the game runs at full 1080p 60 fps on ps4.  I did not buy the season pass because I barely played COD Ghosts multiplayer, and the season pass only contains extra maps and weapons.

For those on the fence deciding between xbox one and ps4, the xbox game runs at a minimum of 1360x1080p and dynamically scales up to full 1080p when possible to maintain 60fps.  In addition, the xbox one will be unlocking the season pass maps and guns 1 month before they unlock on the ps4.  This could be relevant to multiplayers as well as the larger pool of TAG players that are on the xbox when looking for players on your friend's list.

I doubt the visual differences would be noticed during actual gameplay, but I do think the more powerful ps4 system will be less likely to bog down during intense scenes.  An interesting next gen function was that I was able to start playing the campaign after downloading just 6gb of the total 42gb of game from the store, and the gameplay was still silky smooth.  Very cool.

• Like 3

Palamino    459

I forgot to mention a minor issue with the campaign. I changed my in game button configuration so that melee is assigned to the circle (B on xbox) button, and the crouch is assigned to R3 (click right stick on xbox). I think this is called Tactical layout in the options menu. During the early campaign, your squad leader tells you to get down and the game shows the button to press on screen, and the game incorrectly showed me the circle button because that is the default button configuration. It should have shown me the R3 button.

• Like 1

jschu1    86

I of course did the digital download, day zero........and had to re download it at midnight.......at 1am it was only at 8%.......I thought I might be able to get at least an hour of 2xp in.........but nooooooooooooooooo........think my wife, might of payed someone off lol......she hates games

• Like 2

Calvin    989

It also sounds like Activision has ick nayed the Share Play on this one. Was in a party chat with a few taggers' tonight trying to get it going on share play and it was a  no go (Just gave a message about no support or something to that effect) too bad really developers should be jumping on the share play bandwagon it is one of the coolest things in gaming right now

Palamino    459

It also sounds like Activision has ick nayed the Share Play on this one. Was in a party chat with a few taggers' tonight trying to get it going on share play and it was a  no go (Just gave a message about no support or something to that effect) too bad really developers should be jumping on the share play bandwagon it is one of the coolest things in gaming right now

I was reading in some online forums that Share Play may unlock after Day Zero because they wanted to keep today's play limited to preorder customers. I will try it again tomorrow and share the results here.

Palamino    459

Someone mind reviewing the Horde-style mode sometime? That's really all I'm truly interested in, and might pick it up for that.

I was browsing thru the menus and noticed that the coop mode supports split screen play because there was an on screen prompt to add another controller for another player. I don't know if you can mix split screen and online coop play where you might have 2 network players with 2 local split screen players.

There are four maps in Tier1 of coop mode. After 50 rounds, Tier2 unlocks 4 more maps. After 75 rounds, Tier3 adds 4 more maps. Finally, after 100 rounds, Tier4 unlocks just 1 more map.

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

Someone mind reviewing the Horde-style mode sometime? That's really all I'm truly interested in, and might pick it up for that.

I was browsing thru the menus and noticed that the coop mode supports split screen play because there was an on screen prompt to add another controller for another player. I don't know if you can mix split screen and online coop play where you might have 2 network players with 2 local split screen players.

There are four maps in Tier1 of coop mode. After 50 rounds, Tier2 unlocks 4 more maps. After 75 rounds, Tier3 adds 4 more maps. Finally, after 100 rounds, Tier4 unlocks just 1 more map.

By co-op do you mean the horde mode?

xcoaste    609

I thought share play was only going to work in co-op modes for games. So I don't think it would ever be available for MP. I obviously could be wrong, but I thought they limited it quite a bit.

MaynardJames82    542

Game looks great and it's fast as hell in MP...I'm getting my ass kicked routinely, but I'm used to that!

I don't think the MP looks much better than Black Ops II, definitely looks worse than Destiny's crucible. I've had better luck in hardcore tdm or just plain old tdm, my tried and true kill confirmed is not doing it for me with the lower points awarded for picking up tags.

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

Game looks great and it's fast as hell in MP...I'm getting my ass kicked routinely, but I'm used to that!

I don't think the MP looks much better than Black Ops II, definitely looks worse than Destiny's crucible. I've had better luck in hardcore tdm or just plain old tdm, my tried and true kill confirmed is not doing it for me with the lower points awarded for picking up tags.

I don't really expect much out of competitive multiplayer on CoD or Halo these days, just because they're so well-defined that messing with the formula would be a huge risk.

Still waiting for someone, anyone, to review the Horde mode. ;)

xcoaste    609

Also, the "non-competitive" mode in MP is a nice feature. Able to get your feet wet and not have to worry about how many times you die.

Palamino    459

I thought share play was only going to work in co-op modes for games. So I don't think it would ever be available for MP. I obviously could be wrong, but I thought they limited it quite a bit.

I tried share play again this morning and it just doesn't work with COD AW. I tried it with BF4 online conquest and it worked fine, so this must be something baked into COD AW to prevent share play from working. It may be unintentional, but it sucks. Hopefully they will patch it to allow share play.

Palamino    459

Yes, that is what I was referring to. It is officially named Exo Survival (Co-Op) in the main menu of the game.

I can't really try it out until I find someone else who has the game on PS4. :-( I may end up having to buy it on xbox one also after I finish the campaign unless ps4 gets some love from other taggers! ;-)

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

Yes, that is what I was referring to. It is officially named Exo Survival (Co-Op) in the main menu of the game.

I can't really try it out until I find someone else who has the game on PS4. :-( I may end up having to buy it on xbox one also after I finish the campaign unless ps4 gets some love from other taggers! ;-)

You know damn well I'd buy it on the PS4, and are trying to bait me into buying it so I can try it to see if I want to buy it! :D

• Like 1

Palamino    459

You know damn well I'd buy it on the PS4, and are trying to bait me into buying it so I can try it to see if I want to buy it! :D

Lol! Spaz texted me that he is picking the game up today on ps4, so with Spaz, Jovi, you and me we would have a full team of Exo suit ass kickers! ;-)