Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Palamino

COD Advanced Warfare: Prestige Pros and Cons

10 posts in this topic

I am approaching max level 50 in COD:AW so I did a little research into the pros and cons of prestiging, which resets you to level 1 again and loses all the unlocked guns, sttachments, exo abilities, etc. that's a pretty severe price to pay, but there are a few benefits such as permanently unlocking one item each time you prestige, unlocking an additional custom loadout slot each time you prestige, etc.

I'm still undecided whether I will prestige, but I'm afraid the game might feel stale if I don't prestige.

Here is an article with more info to help each of us decide whether to prestige or not:

Attack of the Fanboy

I made the mistake of prestiging in Black Ops 2 after spending quite a few hours playing MP, and I doubt I played for more than 2 hours afterwards. I found it less fun playing without all the stuff I had earned, especially since I'm not a strong COD player at the best of times!

1 person likes this

I can understand your stale comment. In the past I have prestiged to avoid just that. I am currently hooked on exo survival and only at level 36 in MP. If you haven't given exo a shot I suggest you do!

1 person likes this

I got to level 48 within a few days of launch and haven't gone back, Destiny is just too addicting! I'll probably trade this shit in before the $40 trade in expires at Gamestop.

I got to level 48 within a few days of launch and haven't gone back, Destiny is just too addicting! I'll probably trade this shit in before the $40 trade in expires at Gamestop.

Sorry to hear you don't like it much.  I just purchased the Season Pass because I think it is pretty fun and the shooter game genre is not going to get many new games until next Spring.

Sorry to hear you don't like it much.  I just purchased the Season Pass because I think it is pretty fun and the shooter game genre is not going to get many new games until next Spring.

It's not that I don't like it, I just don't have time to play it...Destiny is just too damn addicting to put down! I've already logged 500 hours on it!

For all of those that miss playing with there friends......Fuck Destiny!!!!

1 person likes this

I can't decide how I feel about the game yet. The single-player story is cool, but I kind of suck at the Exo mode. 

I thought Destiny was a decent game. I still play it from time to time. I'm addicted to Advanced Warfare. I'm already Prestige 4. I really like the exo abilities and jet packing.