• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
NEFARIOC

Destiny Combat Rating

NEFARIOC    229

Have you noticed that your ability seems to fall off when you play with certain players? The Combat Rating is why and you can see where you stand in the Crucible stats on Bungie.net. Wolfrat, Spark and I were talking about it the other night.

FYI: Spark's is high! :)  http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018429694784/2305843009245434333#context=crucible

• Like 2

Wyvern13    445

LOL, my 3 average to around a 60. I tried a few matches of Iron Banner and found I still hate, hate, hate Destiny's PVP. Just gotta ride the week out.

Wolfrat    526

It is different for each of your three characters.  My Warlock has the best rating at 82.5, and my Titan is at 73.44, about a 78 for this weekend.

My Hunter is simply terrible, at 55.49 (he ruined his stats doing the Thorn bounty with only Void weapons months ago--I never would have used those weapons or played the way I did except to get Thorn with a Hunter).

I guess I will switch back to my Warlock to get to rank 5 IB this week after I get my Hunter to rank 4; Nova Bombs do seem like the most fun in the Crucible for me--either that or Fist of Havoc.

It totally sucks that it does not average the Combat Rating of your group for matchmaking.  It appears to only take the highest single Combat Rating in your group, and matchmaking is based solely on that one person.

Since my Hunter has a 55 Rating at the time, and I am trying to get him to Rank 4 or 5, I should play by myself...but it is so much more fun to play with people, and to try and do better against better competition.

It is obviously an imperfect system that does not account for groups of friends trying to get together and have fun.

Sparkastic's Combat Ratings are around 137, so I basically cannot group with him if I want to get wins in IB...which i do.

Romanodog is around 100 Combat Rating.

Bold Mr. Rogers is around 110 Combat Rating.

Game God Duke is around 100 Combat Rating or so.

Nefarioc is around 90 or so Combat Rating

Wolfrat    526

Nef, how did you get to that page on the bungie site?

Just go to http://www.bungie.net/, and do a search for someone or go to your own profile.  Click on the individual Toon; each character has their own unique Crucible stats.

moz092    773

Got it. Thanks. Couldn't figure out how to switch between xbox and ps toons.

59.5 on PSN and 64.6 on xbox.

I'm gonna chalk it up to PvPing since I was level 5(?) and not being able to damage anyone. I know for sure that was the case in iron banner. I was running into guys that were level "??" And even my super wasn't damaging them ;(

LilUbo    4496

I'm gonna chalk it up to PvPing since I was level 5(?) and not being able to damage anyone. I know for sure that was the case in iron banner. I was running into guys that were level "??" And even my super wasn't damaging them ;(

Why could i not play you in IB?!?!?!? :(

moz092    773

Why could i not play you in IB?!?!?!? :(

Suk it

Padraig26    107

yea. my toons have different ratings too. my titan [who i play the most PVP with] has like ~88.

my hunter is like ~93.  I'll chalk that difference up to a smaller sample for the hunter and, you know, bladedancing!

moz092    773

Confirmed... I suck at crucible.

3 years of getting owned in SWTOR Pvp for the sole purpose of grinding valor left me perfectly comfortable with MY Pvp sucktitude.

:)

Wolfrat    526

103 on my Warlock

116 on my Titan

And 81 on my Hunter - LOL. Never do the Thorn bounty on a Hunter ...

My Hunter is also 30 points below the my other characters...from doing the Thorn bounty during the second IB!

moz092    773

Looks like we're stronger together than separate. Lol

Or just with nef &/or spark on our team...not that that's anything new in a shooter game @ TAG.

dre    223

Warlock 101.58 (nova is da bomb)

Titan 99.02 (nice and bubbly)

Hunter 78.31 (practice target)

I need to grab Ayumex and Ubo on the next crucible missions for exotic bounties! ;) 

LilUbo    4496

I need to grab Ayumex and Ubo on the next crucible missions for exotic bounties! :s1190:

......... You mean to help by acting as targets?!?!?!

dre    223

I need to grab Ayumex and Ubo on the next crucible missions for exotic bounties! :s1190:

I mean that exactly. And to spawn easier foes. 

Wolfrat    526

The Crucible takes the highest single Combat Rating in the group--there is no going back. It is not based on FTL or host, either. The only way to even try to downgrade the matchmaking would be to use your character with the lowest CR, and make sure no one else in your FT had a higher CR.

• Like 1

moz092    773

The Crucible takes the highest single Combat Rating in the group--there is no going back. It is not based on FTL or host, either. The only way to even try to downgrade the matchmaking would be to use your character with the lowest CR, and make sure no one else in your FT had a higher CR.

Boooooo

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.