• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

studknckl

Titanfall 2 going multi-platform

Primordial G00    1130

YES! Evolve paving the way for better DLC methods

Zampella didn't provide any further details on the next Titanfall game, but said that Respawn is planning to "do something different" as far as charging for downloadable maps. The studio released three map packs as part of Titanfall's $24.99 season pass, which was available free yesterday to mark the one-year anniversary of the game's release.

"I think having the maps like that in packs, it does split the community and it makes it harder for matchmaking, it's messy," said Zampella.

BDaddyK    1106

Zampella didn't provide any further details on the next Titanfall game, but said that Respawn is planning to "do something different" as far as charging for downloadable maps. The studio released three map packs as part of Titanfall's $24.99 season pass, which was available free yesterday to mark the one-year anniversary of the game's release.

"I think having the maps like that in packs, it does split the community and it makes it harder for matchmaking, it's messy," said Zampella.

I wonder if we'll start seeing platform specific "free" DLC? Such as Sony and MS fronting the bill for DLC packs that have maps specific to each platform but available to all players.

Primordial G00    1130

I wonder if we'll start seeing platform specific "free" DLC? Such as Sony and MS fronting the bill for DLC packs that have maps specific to each platform but available to all players.

An interesting concept.  I'm mostly just happy about their concern for splitting the community.  This of course could still ruin things depending on what they put behind a paywall.

BDaddyK    1106

An interesting concept.  I'm mostly just happy about their concern for splitting the community.  This of course could still ruin things depending on what they put behind a paywall.

Until DLC becomes free it's gonna split user bases. I too like how Respawn is actively concerned about it

• Like 1

Wyvern13    445

Respawn was very attentive to the user base unlike another gaming company that I won't mention cough Bungie cough.

I am looking forward to a Titanfall 2 - will preorder that the day the SKUs hit the stores.

• Like 1

Wolfrat    526

As a six-straight-months-nightly-since-launch player of Titanfall, I can say that no other videogame company I have ever been a customer of has worked so hard and so well to listen to their players' concerns and improve their game as Respawn.  For me, they are "A #1, the Duke of New York"!

Any game they release, Titanfall 2 or whatever, I will support with my dollars as a pre-order.  Respawn is a fantastic company, which hit a game-winning grand slam home run their first time at-bat with Titanfall.

xcoaste    609

Call me old fashioned but I prefer a campaign. It is a pass this time if they don't have one again.

• Like 1

Primordial G00    1130

Call me old fashioned but I prefer a campaign. It is a pass this time if they don't have one again.

Your old fashioned! :s1029:

I totally get that and also wish it.  On the other hand, I believe the time for a complete package as such is past.  Gaming companies are now proving the complete package will cost you DLC.  If not, whatever focus of the game was, everything else will suffer in quality. 

Yes, I realize there are some exceptions to this rule like Halo, but the majority of games I can think of don't accomplish the right amount of polish in more than one area anymore.  It brings me full circle to my, games should just charge what they take to make complete, i.e. $90, because not every game will sell like GTA 5.

Ghost Touched    358

They continued to make TF a viable choice for game nights for quite awhile after launch. Pilot Hunter, Frontier Defense, burn card black markets and etc were all added well after launch, and free!

I've been jonesing for some frontier defense.

LackOfHarmony    405

Your old fashioned! :s1029:

I totally get that and also wish it.  On the other hand, I believe the time for a complete package as such is past.  Gaming companies are now proving the complete package will cost you DLC.  If not, whatever focus of the game was, everything else will suffer in quality. 

Yes, I realize there are some exceptions to this rule like Halo, but the majority of games I can think of don't accomplish the right amount of polish in more than one area anymore.  It brings me full circle to my, games should just charge what they take to make complete, i.e. $90, because not every game will sell like GTA 5.

I really want a campaign, because I want to know what's going on in this world. Maybe they'll get some books written like Gears did to explain the backstory? I would love that. Titanfall books would be excellent!

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

They continued to make TF a viable choice for game nights for quite awhile after launch. Pilot Hunter, Frontier Defense, burn card black markets and etc were all added well after launch, and free!

I've been jonesing for some frontier defense.

Frontier Defense is one of those things that I'm always up for but never check to see if people are online. We should get a channel set up on Slack.