Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BDaddyK

Daredevil on Netflix

Anyone watch/watching the Daredevil series on Netflix? I'm just about through with the first season myself, and am loving it. For me it's easily the best comic adaptation yet, great action (with some truly awesome fights) good acting and a great season 1 storyline. Easily the most adult Marvel film adaptation, which I think works well for the show. DD gets the tar beat out of him and also dispenses a good amount of hurt too, definitely not for the kiddos. Vincent Di'onofrio is excellent as the Kingpin.

Sat down to start it twice, was twice interrupted.   Hope to have more success this weekend. 

I am on episode 10 and i have been really impressed. Looking forward to the other Hell's Kitchen series they are making and the mini-series that brings all of the characters together.  They have also announced that it has been renewed for a 2nd season.  Marvel is really kicking ass these days.

I liked it but was a bit torn on their choice and direction they took Kingpin in the "re-vision" I like everything else about the series though just think they didn't cast or do the character development for Kingpin as I seem to remember it from my early comic book days of reading DD 20+ years ago. I like Vincent Di'onofrio as an actor I don't like him as my kingpin.

Yeah, I'm psyched that a second season has been greenlit. Marvel has been firing on all cylinders lately. Hopefully they can keep up the quality with the Powerman/Ironfist and Defenders(?) shows.

I liked it but was a bit torn on their choice and direction they took Kingpin in the "re-vision" I like everything else about the series though just think they didn't cast or do the character development for Kingpin as I seem to remember it from my early comic book days of reading DD 20+ years ago

IDK I think Kingpin is pretty well done in the show, he is a good foil to Daredevil. Where as DD is the agile, quick thinking grappler, Kingpin is the pure emotion, thunderous brute.

Kingpin seems more mentally damaged, more of a sociopathic criminal than in the comics. At times in the show he seems really socially impaired, as he was most defined by the physical and emotional abuse at home. When in the comics he was brimming with self confidence and ego and was an intellectual mastermind that matched his physique. He seemed more defined by poverty and crime than physical and mental abuse.

It must have done pretty well because Netflix ordered a second season last week.

I'm happy about that but I hope it doesn't slow down the original plan to do four original series.  DD, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. and then a Defenders series with all four when they were done.

I wouldn't think it would effect the other solo shows, if anything prove that if done with the quality of DD they'll be hits.

I hadn't watched it, but the wife is into it. Not sure what episode, but I looked up to see one heck of a fight scene. It was in a hallway and was one, continuous shot. Very impressive the way it was shot.

My wife and I enjoyed it, and are looking forward to season 2. I'm not totally sold on this version of the Kingpin, but I suspect that he'll be a different person next season, after his revelation during the finale.

I hadn't watched it, but the wife is into it. Not sure what episode, but I looked up to see one heck of a fight scene. It was in a hallway and was one, continuous shot. Very impressive the way it was shot.

That was episode 2. Amazing scene. There are some other great fight scenes further down but that one really stands out as something special.

I really hope they do some tinkering with the costume too. i guess its not really a spoiler sinces its been on the main menu of netflix . (That really pissed me off)  They should have kept it under wraps until you get there. But theres something about the mask I dont like. It kind of sits weird or something.  Even though the Ben Affleck movie wasn't great I will admit I think they did a great job with the costume.

I'm with Nite on the costume as well why didn't they steal the one from the movie it was perfect!

I'm with Nite on the costume as well why didn't they steal the one from the movie it was perfect!

Yeah I'm not to jazzed on it either. Maybe it'll get ironed out in season two, it's his first iteration of the suit, hopefully he'll "refine" it a bit :)

On episode 8 or so with Renee and we both love it. While the story line may not strictly adhere to the comics, the overall tone is perfect for the Frank Miller days of DD and the revival he gave the character.

I hope the other marvel netflix series end up being at least this good.

They're going to have to be, because no one but über geeks give two bits about the other characters in Defenders. :lol:

That's what I love about the deal, though. There are a ton of small time heroes in Marvel comics that make great single-season concepts.

They're going to have to be, because no one but über geeks give two bits about the other characters in Defenders. :lol:

That's what I love about the deal, though. There are a ton of small time heroes in Marvel comics that make great single-season concepts.

Good point.

Apparently the actor that played Shane in the walking dead has been cast as Frank Castle. Jon Berthanal

Apparently the actor that played Shane in the walking dead has been cast as Frank Castle. Jon Berthanal

Nice. I think he'll make a good Punisher. With the darker/grittier tone of Daredevil, the DD vs. Punisher arc should be pretty intense. One of my favorite hero battles.

With all the Frank Miller inspiration I hope they use the Rikers island arc for his intro.. that would be boss!!

Nice. I think he'll make a good Punisher. With the darker/grittier tone of Daredevil, the DD vs. Punisher arc should be pretty intense. One of my favorite hero battles.

With all the Frank Miller inspiration I hope they use the Rikers island arc for his intro.. that would be boss!!

Agreed, on all counts.