Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LilUbo

Star Wars Battlefront: Multiplayer Gameplay | E3 2015 “Walker Assault” on Hoth

8 posts in this topic

First post!

I still can't believe that there has not been a Battlefront since BF2 on PS2!

OMG!!  I think this is the best trailer from E3, has me so excited

I'm cautiously excited. It does look awesome though I have a hard time believing it can look AND play this awesome on consoles. If so bring it on!!!

I think what helps is that it isn't coming out on Xbox 360/PS3 so graphics aren't being held back

1 person likes this

Wouldn't we be able to draw similarities between BattleFront and BattleField (starting with the names) through history?  I don't know if people should really expect a game that is that vastly different.  Yes, it should be more than just a Star Wars skin, but they are both large scale shooters, on large maps, featuring a mix of infantry and vehicle combat and using the same engine.

Besides, if EA advertised it as BattleField: Star Wars and truly made a modded version of BattleField 4, fans of both would be all over it.  They just can't, because BattleFront already exists.

I hope they put space battles as DLC at some point.  Especially if they put the rarer types of starfighters that I've not seen used yet (B-wings, TIE Interceptors, TIE Defenders, Z-95 headhunters, etc).   

1 person likes this

Wouldn't we be able to draw similarities between BattleFront and BattleField (starting with the names) through history?  I don't know if people should really expect a game that is that vastly different.  Yes, it should be more than just a Star Wars skin, but they are both large scale shooters, on large maps, featuring a mix of infantry and vehicle combat and using the same engine.

Besides, if EA advertised it as BattleField: Star Wars and truly made a modded version of BattleField 4, fans of both would be all over it.  They just can't, because BattleFront already exists.

I was totally expecting a Battlefield-esce game, it's DICE and basically the BF template, that's not what bothered me about the article. It was the lack noted of open battlefield and the poor design and implementation in the game thus far. I know that it doesn't ship till November, however, BF4 was atrocious at launch and well after, and I'm hoping this doesn't follow suit. The BF/BF games are right up there with Halo as some of my favorite MP games, I'm just hoping its done right.