Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
romanodog

For Honor

Buddy of mine sent this to me, looks like a fun multiplayer game.  Not sure if there is a single player component or not

• Like 2

Nice! It reminds of the Chivalry game we were looking at last Summer. That one seemed to have some good action. This should be a lot fun.

So I was just wondering how much interest there is now that this game is less than a month away from release. It seems like a good concept, and I personally am a fan of anything Vikings. I probably wouldn't pick it up right away, but I might at the first price drop if there is enough interest in it.

• Like 1

I'd be down when the price drops and I know some peeps here will get it too. It looks cool, I just have way too much to play ATM/near future...

Just played it on the PC. Looks great! Too bad the gameplay is not for me. There is a decent learning curve for fighting. You have block the exact side your attacker is hitting which is hard to tell with most of the characters. Gameplay (fighting) reminds me of the old game Bushido Blade, where in if you fail to block you will be crushed. I didnt play against people, just bots, but they were on easy, and I was dead....The capture and control the points is familiar from every online game out, an the characters are well detailed and customizable. I just dont know if I could learn to play it well enough to enjoy it.

Just watched that gameplay video above and there were no icons showing me where they were attacking like there was in that video, it was all visual que's which was very hard with some characters. I think I beat one character than just died over and over. 

So I had a chance to try this game, its ok of a game but something that will get boring pretty fast 

5 minutes ago, Primordial G00 said:

I'm a gluten for punishment

glu·ten
ˈɡlo͞otn/
noun

1. a substance present in cereal grains, especially wheat, that is responsible for the elastic texture of dough. A mixture of two proteins, it causes illness in people with celiac disease.
  • Like 2

The For Honor open beta starts tomorrow.  I've already got it downloaded and will be looking forward to getting some games in. Been more interested in this than I was in Ghost Recon.

Edited by hybridhavoc
I'm an idiot

Played the beta / demo a bit over the weekend and even got in some multiplayer with @Primordial G00 on Sunday.  Had a good enough time with it, though they've almost packed too much stuff into the game.  The whole meta wargame is interesting, but they need to put some more thought into the UI - still not sure what happens to the "war assets" that you don't assign after a match, as there's no UI outside of that one screen to assign those assets.

Honestly just not sure I'll be picking this up anytime soon. I am interested in having it, but those new Ryzen CPUs are right around the corner and I'll be building a desktop - $60 could come in handy there.

• Like 2

played the beta as well over the weekend.

it really surprised me. i played as the Vikings. i enjoyed the duels and charging at people lifting them up and throwing them over the edge of a cliff lol dont think my opponent cared much for it.  had a real Dynasty warriors feel to it which was nice this might be a pick up later down the line but not a first day buy.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dr Superb said:

is this a hack and slash?

sorta. ever play dynasty warriors? its a lot like that but you can pick a faction either Vikings, knights, or samurai.

basically you are a "hero" and your army is attacking. you can swing the tide of battle by taking control points and slaying the other teams hero or help your army push back their army on the battle field.

other then that. yup hack and slash your way to victory.

• Like 1

I do really dig the "art of war" combat system. Having to attack and block in particular directions to match your opponent's movements introduces a little more strategy than a standard hack 'n slash.  I was also in the Viking faction, and played mostly with the Viking Raider, but also checked out the starter Samurai and the third Knight a little bit.

• Like 3

I played the beta and enjoyed it but not "pay initial realize pricing kinda enjoy."

i can see getting it cheap next Boxing Day or something and enjoying it. 

On 18/02/2017 at 11:56 AM, laziestninja said:

I played the beta and enjoyed it but not "pay initial realize pricing kinda enjoy."

i can see getting it cheap next Boxing Day or something and enjoying it. 

Yeah a $80CAD price tag is a bit too much for mainly a MP game, this game will drop fast but I don't see myself getting it at all