• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xcoaste

Star Wars Dog Fight Mode

studknckl    987

Oh man. That looks really good. I just hope it is easier to fly an X-Wing than it is to fly and F-15 in Battlefield because every time I get into an air vehicle in a BF game it is a total shit show.

I have a feeling that mixing this game with the Ep 7 hype this fall is going to cause a mass nerdgasm the likes of which we have never seen.

• Like 2

Cbaoth    657

I hope to see some space battles & more variations on fighter types:  A wings, B wings, Y wings, TIE Interceptors, TIE Bombers, TIE Defenders, etc.  

• Like 1

LilUbo    4499

I hope to see some space battles & more variations on fighter types:  A wings, B wings, Y wings, TIE Interceptors, TIE Bombers, TIE Defenders, etc.  

Z-95 Headhunters, TIE Advanced plus all the fun land vehicles and airspeeders!

LilUbo    4499

how come every Star Wars vehicle shows a propulsion system (glowing lights off the back) except the tie fighter?  How do those things move?!

tie_fighter-02682.jpg

It is there!

• Like 2

Cbaoth    657

A Z-95 would be a question mark, is it even canon now since Disney runs the show?  Same question in regards to the TIE Defender. Another thing I'd like seeing Capital Ship combat.  But how to do that & show how powerful they are without either being overkill or boring (since ships that big stereotypically move slow) would be the trick.  

LilUbo    4499

A Z-95 would be a question mark, is it even canon now since Disney runs the show?  Same question in regards to the TIE Defender. Another thing I'd like seeing Capital Ship combat.  But how to do that & show how powerful they are without either being overkill or boring (since ships that big stereotypically move slow) would be the trick.  

This conversation is upsetting Ubo! 

The Z-95  Headhunter was mentioned in the Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel!

BDaddyK    1106

I thought DICE already said no to space battles?

Palamino    459

I love Battlefield, but the UI in this game looks like it was designed by Fisher-Price with a color budget of just 4 colors.

Cbaoth    657

If so that's tossing one of the things that makes the franchise what it is. To quote a scene from The People vs George Lukas, "You've got to have 2 things that make Star Wars;  one is Stars & the other one is the Wars."  

Cbaoth    657

This conversation is upsetting Ubo! 

The Z-95  Headhunter was mentioned in the Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel!

Disney is doing it's damnedest in trying to make us forget the prequels though.  J J Abrams has said that he'll do everything in his power to help us forget "medichlorians" (a huge thank you JJ).  So who knows what else will be removed.  

• Like 1

Kriv    215

Looks great, I fully expect to be as bad flying in this game as I am in battlefield.

BDaddyK    1106

I hope to see some space battles & more variations on fighter types: A wings, B wings, Y wings, TIE Interceptors, TIE Bombers, TIE Defenders, etc.

If so that's tossing one of the things that makes the franchise what it is. To quote a scene from The People vs George Lukas, "You've got to have 2 things that make Star Wars; one is Stars & the other one is the Wars."

No space combat :(

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-celebration-battlefront-does-not-have-space-battles-prequel-era

Cbaoth    657

I hope to see some space battles & more variations on fighter types: A wings, B wings, Y wings, TIE Interceptors, TIE Bombers, TIE Defenders, etc.

If so that's tossing one of the things that makes the franchise what it is. To quote a scene from The People vs George Lukas, "You've got to have 2 things that make Star Wars; one is Stars & the other one is the Wars."

No space combat :(

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-celebration-battlefront-does-not-have-space-battles-prequel-era

That blows.  Hope they change their minds, flip-flops happen in the gaming industry as much as they do in politics after all.  

BDaddyK    1106

No space combat :(http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-celebration-battlefront-does-not-have-space-battles-prequel-era

That blows.  Hope they change their minds, flip-flops happen in the gaming industry as much as they do in politics after all.

Prolly too far along to throw it in for launch, hopefully it'll make it in a update/DLC...