Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wyvern13

Thoughts on the beta?

19 posts in this topic

Okay, so I gave the beta a good hour and a quarter of play last night.

Graphically, the game looks very good especially considering it's a beta.

Game modes are the same bunch that CoD and every shooter has had.

Gameplay was the big disappointment to me. I was horrible, A good K/D for me was around 0.50. There were already people doing exploits like sliding and knifing you as you drain a clip into them. You can parkour like in Titanfall, but I think TF still does it better.

The setting appears to be some near-future, quasi-apocalyptic world. The multiplayer classes each have two different special abilities, like shooting 1 explosive arrow or doing a killing groundpound ala Destiny's TItan. This setting seemed more gimmicky and I didn't like it too much.

All in all, I won't be picking up CoD:BO3.

1 person likes this

I played this on PS4 for about 20 minutes and said fuck this game forever.

Maybe I wasn't used to the PS4 controller (I only had it for a day at that point) or maybe I was having a bad night but it seemed like as soon as I would move somewhere some fucking sharpshooter would kill me from across the map with a submachine gun.  I got the drop on a couple people but I wasn't able to kill them before they got me.  The last CoD I really played was CoD4 so maybe it's just not my style.

I played a bit on the PS4. I was an avid CoD player until maybe Modern Warfare 2 and then I just got burned out on playing the same shooter year after year. I was really hoping to like Blops 3, but I don't think it's something I'll be getting either. There are things that I like about it when I'm not dumping a magazine into someone only to be hit by two shots and killed. I'd be curious to try the hardcore mode as that's what I used to play mainly. 

Not a fan of the double jumps and wall running, and the Call of Destiny super attacks are kind of annoying. I'd say that I might pick it up when it gets cheaper, but CoD games are notorious for staying at $59 forever. 

Well it's no Destiny haha!

Seriously I just downloaded and will fire it up tonight for a try. The first COD is never purchased and played to death was the last one. I too got burnt out on the same old same old. Looking forward to see what it's like.

I really enjoyed my short time playing SnD last night (and the option to mute all but your fire team) it was shocking hearing ppl talk trash again.

I have about 2 hours into playing. I would like to think that I can typically hold my own in FPS games, but I was getting destroyed last night. Most other players were ranked into the 20's already and with the perk system and tokens they have a lot more advantages. 

I too felt like I would take 2 hits and die after I unloaded a clip, but that is where maybe gun balance comes in. Hopefully that will be corrected. I skipped out on the last Call of Duty pretty early, and I was itching to play. 

I pre-ordered it and I will keep that since I used the Best Buy gamers club discount and got the $10 gift card!

It's a buy for me.  I like the fast pace and versatility with movement.  The "supers" seem like they need tweaking, but overall I like the idea.  It kinda reminded me of a more polished Titanfall.  I like the hit markers used in Blops 3. 

So this is what annoys me the most about any and all CoD games. When you get into a firefight and you put a "full clip into them and with two bullets you die" but then you watch the kill cam and it is not what happened at at. Usually they started putting in a full clip on you way before you even saw them. Now this has been a CoD trademark from the beginning and I can't stand it anymore. To me it just means I'm not playing in real time or the game is not managing player info very good. I've never had this in other games like Halo, Rainbow, Titanfall, etc.. Except with extreme lag.

1 person likes this

Didn't enjoy it much when we played on PS4. Haven't thought much about it since. Won't be buying it.

have it preordered... and I will play this shit out of it tonight... but I suck at all of them so this is not much difference. 

Like Wyvern mentioned in original post, I believe Titanfall does movement better as well.  If they gave me titanfall without the mechs and added some CoD perks, streaks, etc - I think I would have been happy.  

I am abysmal at this game so far, but keep going back for a beating for some reason.  I preordered through best buy and Im a GCU member, so the game only costs me a net of $38 (-12 for GCU and -10 for reward zone gift card for certain preorders), which isnt bad for a new release.  I may stick with hit to check out the new zombie mode and dabble online with friends for that price.  

have it preordered... and I will play this shit out of it tonight... but I suck at all of them so this is not much difference.

I look for you tonight I'm jumping on right away.

I played for a couple hours and also felt like I was getting destroyed easily and quickly unfairly. It's a great game and I love the added features like swimming under water, long jumps/running on side of walls. I've always had a love / hate relationship with this series. Despite the imbalance I am enjoying it.

I'm really enjoying it. The last COD I played a ton of was Black Ops 2 and this has the same feel to me. Like most shooters it comes down to finding the weapon that works for you. I really like the razorback sub machine gun for example. Some frustrating games but then can have games where go 33 and 5 for example. I'm enjoying and look forward to its release.

if a huge group from here get it and start playing i might pick it up but other than that Ill probably just wait for battlefront to come out 

Better graphics and similar gameplay compared to the last COD.  Titanfall does better on the wall running.  I'm glad I cancelled my COD:BO3 preorder.    Thanks Activision for ruining COD.   

1 person likes this

After actually playing this I like it. Much, much better than the last two CoD's. No doubt that Titanfall does do movement better though.

yea I am still going to get it.....like it more than then last COD thats for sure. 

Me too metal (although I never played last version). The year break did me good and I'm ready to get back into the franchise. I really like being able to create custom paint jobs for the guns like using the forza paint engine. The gameplay is more fun now that I put inure times and ranked up. I kept the AK-47 and ranked it up nicely.

I agree it got better with playing. It felt very unbalanced being a low level, but ranking up went quick enough tot get some nice upgrades. Keeping pre-order as well.