• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
Sign in to follow this  
metalsiren

'Star Wars Battlefront' multiplayer test starts in early October

studknckl    987

Friend passed me a code for the closed beta. Played a bit last night and the game is really fun. Kind of feels like Battlefield but is really its own thing. Flying the ships is a lot easier than air vehicles in Battlefield (I can keep them in the air at least) but I wasn't able to do much with them. My X-Wing got tore up by Tie Fighters. I did enjoy taking control of the AT-AT guns. You can really mow down rebels. And I totally destroyed some dudes with my Lightsaber as Vader.

Looking forward to playing with you guys tomorrow when the beta opens up for all.

• Like 2

studknckl    987
LilUbo    4499

Imperial Dog!

Installing now.... nice thing about online downloading lol :)

Strongbad11    106

I hope it is installing while I am at work. I am not sure I have the right settings. Shame you can not do parties in the Beta, unless by chance they changed that.

studknckl    987

I hope it is installing while I am at work. I am not sure I have the right settings. Shame you can not do parties in the Beta, unless by change they changed that.

The have UI to invite people to parties but I haven't been able to test it because no one else on my list was playing. I hear there is an issue with people on Xbox that are running the new dashboard. Some sort of performance hit during game play.

MadWik    2123

Yeah, it looks like servers are 75% full. I'm in the middle of a very long queue.

This might be a disappointing open beta, but these things are just for stress tests anyway. On the positive, the beta has been open for less than 3 hours, and they're already finding bugs.

MadWik    2123

Ghost Touched and I were able to join a squad together and play. However, it doesn't pull the squad into the game, so when the party leader start searching, you have to actively watch the screen, then press 'Y' to see the invite, then 'A' to accept it. If you wait too long, the slot will disappear. Total pain in the ass.

• Like 1

Bigbulletdome    185

I actually got in a queue the game launches and got disconnected from EA servers notice. Tried again but could not get in the queue. Maybe I'll be able to try it out by this weekend.

studknckl    987

I actually got in a queue the game launches and got disconnected from EA servers notice. Tried again but could not get in the queue. Maybe I'll be able to try it out by this weekend.

I saw this a few times today. Hadn't seen it in the previous days. I assume they are getting slammed right now.  I tried to join a match in progress with Tainted but it never let me in. He and I were able to do a survival match no problem after that. I guess it is hit and miss right now.

MadWik    2123

I found if I got stuck in a long loading queue, it was best to drop and try again. If it takes more than 10 seconds, I'm out.

My theory is that the game thinks it's loading you into a game, but the server gets full and you're stuck in limbo.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this