Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
metalsiren

'Star Wars Battlefront' multiplayer test starts in early October

87 posts in this topic

Okay, I know nothing about Star Wars but this game is amazing. Wow.

I dont know if they had server issues later in the evening but I had no issues getting into games earlier last night.

Damn this thing looks good.  Cant wait for the finished game.

Played 30 mins this AM, but could only access drop zone. Feels better to me than BF4, as in the controls felt more like a COD shooter to me than BF4. Which is a good thing to me.

I'll be around this morning and possibly the afternoon. If anyone sees me online feel free to join the party or send an invite. I'm enjoying it more than I anticipated.

I played a couple of games last night.  Was only ever able to get into Hoth, and did so immediately.  Once I was in, I had no troubles at all.  Never felt any kind of lag either from myself or from any of the other players.  I also played a game of Survival which was interesting.  Kind of a good way to get quickly familiar with the controls and the Card concept, as you actually start with left and right cards in Survival.

I am a little confused by the Partner aspect.  When I was first looking at it, I assumed that your "partner" was how it was referring to a split-screen guest player.  But then when you spawn, you are sometimes given the option to spawn at your partner.  And you then have access to that player's hand as well.  So I'll need to look more into this.

Favorite moment thus far: gunning down Vader with a small turret.

I hear you Havoc; I shot Vader in the back like a coward to kill him. He was deflecting everything we threw at him.

Your partner can be selected from your friends list pre-match, or randomly assigned in your game if you don't have one. I think it's just to give some tactical flavor to the game. As you observed, you can spawn on your partner and always see them separated from the group on the map.

So along the top of the screen before you're in the game, there is your own icon, the icon of your partner, and then an icon that represents your party.  Is your party similarly highlighted in the game?  Or has anyone tested that?  I think it would be awesome to get a TAG party going on this soon.

I played a few rounds last night around 10:00, had no issues finding or connecting to a match.  I played a few of the rescue pod matches and one hoth game. 

I was surprised how nice the game looked, and if I'm not mistaken it's running at 60 fps.  It felt really smooth.

II was surprised how nice the game looked, and if I'm not mistaken it's running at 60 fps.  It felt really smooth.

You are correct. The PS4 is running at 900p, and the XBO at 720p, so that both can sustain 60fps (or at least try to).

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/star-wars-battlefront-runs-at-900p-resolution-on-ps4-a-blurry-720p-on-xbox-one-35181

Yeah graphically speaking the game is very smooth and rather gorgeous.

I'm going to have to compare the xbox to the ps4 and see how much of a difference the resolution makes.  I'm guessing not much

I'm going to have to compare the xbox to the ps4 and see how much of a difference the resolution makes.  I'm guessing not much

For me it really makes no difference. I have never been able to guess if something was at 720p or 1080p.

2 people like this

streamed this from my Surface 3 this AM (buying a Surface Pro 4 in a few weeks) but anyways... played nice seems more like a casual FPS and I like that about it. You can still get kills etc with the default gun and still have fun. thats my cup of tea right now. I have 3 kids and I don't play as much as I used to and I don't want to have to worry about leveling up to get a gun thats worthy enough to work etc (you know what I mean)..... but yes look me up tonight when I finally have my headset and on my big TV and not streaming 

1 person likes this

I've just done the Hoth battle and had a great time from what I played the empire has a easier time winning unless the rebels get there shit together but it's hard for that to happen with 19 randoms, and this is a small thing to complain I usually pick female characters but didn't get to chose, I was one and it seemed like everyone else was one as well.

I played for a few hours yesterday. I had no problems getting into games. It did hang a couple times when the match was over though.

Ok, we spent a couple of hours this morning playing in a group of three. We were unable to differentiate between party members, only your partner shows as yellow. If you join the game without selecting a partner, you're randomly paired. We also had an instance where one of the three of us was forced on to the other team.

There's some balancing concerns, but I'm having fun. Pinning the rebels inside their base with an AT-ST was pretty dope.

I have to say that my first impression of Star Wars Battlefront Beta is an Xbox 360 game at best.  The graphics are weak, and the gameplay is exactly like Call of Duty, but not as good.  I am definitely getting Halo 5 and Rainbow Six Siege; SW Battlefront is a no-go unless I find the Beta to be much more palatable over the weekend.

It is just Call of Duty Black Ops II with Star Wars skins, and honestly does not look or feel as good as that game looked or felt.  I was really excited about it at first, and then less excited the more I played it, until I felt like it kinda sucked, at least compared to the gameplay and graphics I have come to expect from the Xbox One, like Destiny and Titanfall.

Ok, we spent a couple of hours this morning playing in a group of three. We were unable to differentiate between party members, only your partner shows as yellow. If you join the game without selecting a partner, you're randomly paired. We also had an instance where one of the three of us was forced on to the other team.

We found that, in order to get everyone into the same game on the same side, everyone in the Party has to back all the way out to the screen with the giant 'Multiplayer' and 'Mission' boxes.  Then the Party Leader starts from their while everyone else waits for the confirmation requests.

I have to say that my first impression of Star Wars Battlefront Beta is an Xbox 360 game at best.  The graphics are weak, and the gameplay is exactly like Call of Duty, but not as good.  I am definitely getting Halo 5 and Rainbow Six Siege; SW Battlefront is a no-go unless I find the Beta to be much more palatable over the weekend.

It is just Call of Duty Black Ops II with Star Wars skins, and honestly does not look or feel as good as that game looked or felt.  I was really excited about it at first, and then less excited the more I played it, until I felt like it kinda sucked, at least compared to the gameplay and graphics I have come to expect from the Xbox One, like Destiny and Titanfall.

So far you are the only one saying that the graphics are weak. 

3 people like this

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... graphics not as good at Titanfall? Absurd.  :s1226:

Halo 5 is going to make Star Wars Battlefront like a Sega Genesis game.  I think the menus and cut-screens look great; the in-game graphics are totally mediocre.

I honestly think the character models in a Titanfall match look better.  The weapons and the Rebel soldiers, for instance, just look very ordinary and half-assed.  I think Destiny is the best looking game I have played on Xbox One, and that game is over a year old.  The Battlefront in-game character and weapon model graphics look five years behind Destiny.

Yeah. I have to agree on the character models looking old. Blops3 looked the same though.

The terrain rendering was fantastic though! It was fun but confusing! Damn rebel scum had a jet pack! I can barely jump!!

Yeah. I have to agree on the character models looking old. Blops3 looked the same though.

The terrain rendering was fantastic though! It was fun but confusing! Damn rebel scum had a jet pack! I can barely jump!!

I agree that the landscape and vehicle modeling look good.

I also thought CoD: BO III looked dated, and it is one of the many reasons, after playing that Beta, that I will not be getting it.  I feel that Destiny set a visual benchmark for the Xbox One, and I expect Halo 5 to live up to that standard, and hopefully surpass it.

Both CoD: BO III and SW Battlefront look, to me, as if they were ports to the Xbox One from a 5-year old Xbox 360 game.

I am impressed with the party system, the menus, the ease of use of those systems and menus, how quickly matches can start, the smoothness of the game play, all those things:  but I think the gameplay itself is terribly boring and uninteresting (literally run and gun to a Pod or an Uplink, or get a vehicle), and the look of the actual gameplay is not up to what we should expect on the verge of 2016 from the Xbox One.

Also, the Walker Assault is laughably unbalanced--it is so easy to win as Imperial and so difficult to win as Rebels.  Did they not playtest their own game?  Flip a coin--50% of getting on the Imperial side in Walker Assault and getting a win.  Tails?  Rebel side--you lose.

Halo 5 is going to make Star Wars Battlefront like a Sega Genesis game.  

ok_zpscrogxhbk.gif

Heres a video of Halo 5. Im as interested as the next guy but this is hardly ground breaking!

3 people like this

Yeah man, you can't say Halo is an awesome visually looking game. It is pretty average at best.

Hopefully they use some of the beta data to address the vehicles strengths. I have been on the winning team 3 times as a rebel out of 10 matches. You really need to work as a team to take the AT-AT out.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0