Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
metalsiren

'Star Wars Battlefront' multiplayer test starts in early October

87 posts in this topic

Hopefully they use some of the beta data to address the vehicles strengths. I have been on the winning team 3 times as a rebel out of 10 matches. You really need to work as a team to take the AT-AT out.

Yeah, there are some serious balance issues. However, I played a match this morning and the Rebels won before the AT-ATs made it to the flat snow fields. I think it's just taking time for people to realize how it works.

Drop Zone is same way. People running around shooting people, with no idea that there are real objectives to attack/defend. Then about half way through the games, some people start to get it.

After playing the beta for awhile, my interest is starting to falter. I enjoy playing it, but I have a feeling it's going to get old fast. I'm hoping the other game types offer a lot of variety.

1 person likes this

I am seriously debating cancelling my star wars pre order. I've grown bored with the 2 maps after like 6 matches. I was expecting it to be more like battlefield but the game play just does feel really shallow.

2 people like this

I am seriously debating cancelling my star wars pre order. I've grown bored with the 2 maps after like 6 matches. I was expecting it to be more like battlefront but the game play just does feel really shallow.

I have played many hours of BF4 and BFH and loved both of them so I was really stoked to play SWBF, but the UI in the game is horrible and the whole partner invite system was nonfunctional when I was playing on PS4. Walker assault was boring and felt nothing like the conquest of battlefield I was hoping and expecting to experience. Drop Zone was fun, but the map is pretty small and the gameplay got boring after only playing a couple of hours.

I was 99% sure I would love SWBF, but after playing the beta, I'm now only about 50% sure whether or not to buy it.

2 people like this

h5-guardians-warzone-stormbreak-defendin

You're not helping your case much. That looks like it could be from any of the old halo games.

1 person likes this

but I think the gameplay itself is terribly boring and uninteresting (literally run and gun to a Pod or an Uplink, or get a vehicle),

that's been literally how FPS or shooters have been since 1990

Halo series: run & gun around map find OP weapon and or Vehicle

Destiny: run & gun

Battlefield series: run & gun around to objective and get into a Vehicle

Call of Duty series: run & gun

Doom series: run & gun, find OP weapon on map

Quake series: run & gun, find OP weapon on map

Wolfenstein series: run & gun, find OP weapon on map

Titanfall: run & gun around map to objectives and get into a Vehicle

Star War Battlefront 1 & 2: run & gun around to objectives and get into a Vehicle

Gears of War series: run & gun around map to OP weapon

hell even Deus Ex is a run & gun game with objectives and but at lest has RPG/stealth elements to it

the list can get much bigger but this is all I can think of at the moment but I can understand that you don't like the game but using that reason is very weak.

Edited by SithWarrior
2 people like this

You all make some valid points.  Star Wars Battlefront is not for me, and I will not be getting it.  I think I will be happier with Halo 5 and R6S, personally, and all these games are coming out at the same time anyway, lol--there is no way I could get them all, and get my money's worth, and still have a job and family, so I gotta pick and choose.  Right now, SWBF is on the cutting room floor for me.

I have to say I am very grateful to have been given the opportunity to play a Beta with no sign-up, or pre-order, or anything.  I thought it was very generous of EA.  I did enjoy getting to operate the vehicles and the cool loading screens.

1 person likes this

I downloaded the game this weekend to try it out. Basically, I got guilted into it by a friend: "It's Star Wars, Lori! Why don't you want to play Star Wars?!"

My first experiences with it were okay. I had trouble figuring out who was who most of the time. I have trouble with certain colors and brightness settings. I've always had this problem and I think it's just the way I'm wired. It wasn't as bad on the smaller mode as there was more dark terrain. The snow terrain of the AT-AT level was horrible for me. I couldn't pick out the snow troopers or the rebels. I understand that was the point of their camouflage, but still - you need to be able to see the people to shoot them.

As far as finding your friends? Good fucking luck. There is was no way to differentiate friends from non-friends. At least in Titanfall your friends turn green on your map. The partner system was useless unless you got paired with someone who had a great hand that you could sponge off. That did happen to me a few times.

I found that the main problem is the people don't seem to understand that these are objective-based game modes. The escape pod mode was full of CoD wannabes who didn't give a damn about the pods. They'd kill me endlessly while I was trying to get to the area with the pod. Didn't matter that I spawned all the way across the map either. They just wanted the kill. I could have 25 deaths, but I'd have the most pods activated because I was actually trying to do the objective. The AT-AT game mode was a little better, but it was an intense melee that, sometimes, was totally stacked for the Imperial troops because, again, no one was activating the uplinks. I'm not saying that was my full experience. There was one game where we had 10 Y-bombers attacking those beastly AT-ATs and we were able to tear them down just after he first checkpoint.

You guys know that I'm not a PvP shooter person. I'm pretty terrible at them. In fact, Titanfall is probably the only PvP game where I'm genuinely okay with dying. I really enjoy it all around, because the gameplay changes enough for me to not get frustrated with it. This game had good things about it. The powerups provided an interesting change of pace, but they were fairly ineffective for someone who can't see who she's aiming at. The music and the sound effects were enough to keep me engaged for a few hours, but it's not something I would play every day unless there were some changes made to make target acquisition and buddying up with you friends easier. It made me really want it, because I was playing a Star Wars game, but I know I'm not the demographic they're targeting. They're not targeting the Star Wars fan. They're targeting the FPS fan who happens to like Star Wars.

I decided to cancel it.  I think Halo & Fallout will hold my attention enough for a while.

2 people like this

I'm buying it. I've decided I enjoy it more here at the end of the beta than I did in the beginning. Most players understand the objectives go beyond death match gameplay, and there are actual skirmishes for control points now. I think with the addition of the six or eight or what have you game types, as well as the new weapons and some character customization, it will add a lot of replay ability.

PS: Madwik and I owned you fools on the co-op survival time.

<edit> random

The beta put this into the "definitely buy it when it's cheaper down the line" category for me. About what I expected. Nothing that screams "you will be playing this game every day for months," but looks like a fun time now and then.

1 person likes this

I'm buying the game because my son is totally in love with it.  He's a Star Wars fan and loves BF4, so this is right up his alley.  Since we will have the game anyway, I'll be playing it.  But, I'd never buy it just for myself.  The way I like to play shooters is with traditional lobbies where teams of 4-8 players square off in matches that last about 10 minutes each.  There can be objectives or TDM.  The maps aren't huge and camping is hard to pull off successfully.  In this game and BF4 it's a large, chaotic format where I have trouble meeting up with friends and working on an objective.  It's incredibly frustrating to get spawned on the other side of the map, run for 45 seconds, get killed by a camper, and start back at the spawn to repeat the running and getting killed by a camper.  Where's the fun in that? 

https://games.yahoo.com/news/star-wars-battlefront-three-modes-164900019.html

Some info on the other game types, and the dreaded $50 DLC pass.

Wow. 110$ for Star Wars CoD
You mean just like Destiny, Call of Duty, and Battlefield next thing they would do is start charging for cosmetic stuff that doesn't affect the game or for short cut kits

Not sure what's with big dislike maybe cause it's star war or its using the classic "battlefront" name but the originals were pure multiplayer games with the original Xbox version having paid DLC that only gave like 2 maps and heroes/villains.

I'm very much looking forward to this and can't wait to see how the full game will be

3 people like this

Now if we could only convince Sith to buy it on Xbox!

DISLIKE!

Damn it Ghost, you're getting it on X1?

Damn it Ghost, you're getting it on X1?

I fought for the PS4, as I imagine there's bound to be more enthusiasm there. I was however vetoed :P

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0