Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
studknckl

TAG Halo 5 Spartan Company

approved BiggK and Orion. There are 3 requests from people i don't recognize and haven't done a recent intro post. Does anyone know YourDoinItRong, VALFEAR, or Clogger?

My guess is that they came from the reddit post but I requested that they make an intro post first.

• Like 1

approved BiggK and Orion. There are 3 requests from people i don't recognize and haven't done a recent intro post. Does anyone know YourDoinItRong, VALFEAR, or Clogger?

My guess is that they came from the reddit post but I requested that they make an intro post first.

Never heard of them.  No registration, no introduction post, no Sparta!!!!

• Like 1

I'm going to grab this in hope of finally being able to play a bit of Xbox.....

Come on back, bitch, so I can slap you in the mouth.

:s1219:

Jesus H. Christ, Bigg K, we miss you.  I live in Berkeley, CA now--I got a transfer to my company's San Francisco office after trying for nearly three years.  I will be online 10 PM-1 AM most every night...MANITOBA TIME!  I hope the twins and their mommy are doing well!

• Like 1

Jesus H. Christ, Bigg K, we miss you.  I live in Berkeley, CA now--I got a transfer to my company's San Francisco office after trying for nearly three years.  I will be online 10 PM-1 AM most every night...MANITOBA TIME!  I hope the twins and their mommy are doing well!

Good to hear we have another West coaster to play. I am in SF by the way. Welcome to the Bay Area.

• Like 1

Good to hear we have another West coaster to play. I am in SF by the way. Welcome to the Bay Area.

Man, what? Cool; thanks.  I just checked your profile, too:

studknckl:  "Grew up in North Carolina but now living on the Left Coast. Cofounded Kung Fu Tacos in 2009."

I grew up in Chapel Hill, NC (from age 13 until 26--Junior High, High School, and college--my mom and I both went to UNC-Chapel Hill), I love tacos, I love Kung Fu Panda, and my wife, who is Chinese and was born and raised in Chinatown in Manhattan, studied Kung Fu when she was a child.  Our son is half-Chinese; he is five and just started Martial Arts classes; we want to eventually find a good Kung Fu dojo for him.  We also love food trucks, and watch the Great Food Truck Race every August!

My older brother Wyvern (Xbox Live GamerTag Wyvern13) is in Mountain Time by way of Boise, Idaho.  We try to play most nights from 8 PM Pacific - 11 PM Pacific.  We are both planning to get Halo 5 and Rainbow Six: Siege.

I work in Embarcadero Center.  BART sure does suck, but I love the weather and fresh air out here.  My uncle has lived in Berkeley since I was born, in 1972.  We have been visiting out here since 1974.  Since I was little, my top two choices to live on the American mainland were New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area.  I have made both those dreams come true.

In the immortal words of Otto, the bus driver, from 'The Simpsons' TV show:

"Now I drive the bus!"

:s1209:  :s1196:  :s1197:  :s1234: 

Man, what? Cool; thanks.  I just checked your profile, too:

studknckl:  "Grew up in North Carolina but now living on the Left Coast. Cofounded Kung Fu Tacos in 2009."

I grew up in Chapel Hill, NC (from age 13 until 26--Junior High, High School, and college--my mom and I both went to UNC-Chapel Hill), I love tacos, I love Kung Fu Panda, and my wife, who is Chinese and was born and raised in Chinatown in Manhattan, studied Kung Fu when she was a child.  Our son is half-Chinese; he is five and just started Martial Arts classes; we want to eventually find a good Kung Fu dojo for him.  We also love food trucks, and watch the Great Food Truck Race every August!

My older brother Wyvern (Xbox Live GamerTag Wyvern13) is in Mountain Time by way of Boise, Idaho.  We try to play most nights from 8 PM Pacific - 11 PM Pacific.  We are both planning to get Halo 5 and Rainbow Six: Siege.

I work in Embarcadero Center.  BART sure does suck, but I love the weather and fresh air out here.  My uncle has lived in Berkeley since I was born, in 1972.  We have been visiting out here since 1974.  Since I was little, my top two choices to live on the American mainland were New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area.  I have made both those dreams come true.

In the immortal words of Otto, the bus driver, from 'The Simpsons' TV show:

"Now I drive the bus!"

:s1209:  :s1196:  :s1197:  :s1234: 

I like to take long walks on the beach and cuddle by the fire.

Seriously though, we should meet up. Check Please Bay Area is always showing great restaurants in Berkeley that I can never get off my ass and drive across a bridge for. My son is 4 and we took him to one kung fu class when he has 3 that I thought was pretty good but he was too shy to participate. We are thinking of trying again now that he is a bit older. My wife is Chinese too and was raised in SF Chinatown (her parents have worked there for 35 years at least.) 

I grew up about 30 miles West of Chapel Hill. My sister went there when Jordan played for UNC and they lived in the same dorm. One time we were at South Square Mall and Jordan walked up to my sister and started a conversation. I count that as my one and only brush with greatness. So it has all been downhill from there since I was 9 years old. 

We don't run the food truck anymore but we did get asked to submit a demo reel for the 1st season of Food Truck Race. They went with the french food truck from SF though. Said they would only take one from each city. My wife and I still watch the show even though it is mostly bullshit.

I have both you and your bro on my friends list already. You guys should show up for Halo night some time.

• Like 2

Damn, it's like those twins that are separated at birth and go on to lead almost identical, Halo loving, lives...

• Like 2

Hey. I just registered here and did the into post.

I've been playing with a lot of you on Thursday nights for a while and I know a few of you from another site (since I'm new here I won't mention that site because I don't know your forum rules and don't want to look like I'm advertising).

Frozpot started a Company over there...we have about 14 heads so far. I mentioned to Frozpot that we might want to considering consolidating the clans. 

Right off the bat we'll all be online a lot, but as time goes on, jobs/other games/lives/wives are going to get in the way of Halo 5 time more and more. When you also take into account time zones there is going to come a time when you want to go on and play and no one, or few people, will be on.  I figure the bigger the clan, the better than chances we'll be able to get to play with clan members.

Not everyone from the other site is 100% into the idea....so if you guys were to want to join up, we might be bringing less than the 14 heads.

Edited by MisterxboxNJ
  • Like 2

Hey. I just registered here and did the into post.

I've been playing with a lot of you on Thursday nights for a while and I know a few of you from another site (since I'm new here I won't mention that site because I don't know your forum rules and don't want to look like I'm advertising).

Frozpot started a Company over there...we have about 14 heads so far. I mentioned to Frozpot that we might want to considering consolidating the clans. 

Right off the bat we'll all be online a lot, but as time goes on, jobs/other games/lives/wives are going to get in the way of Halo 5 time more and more. When you also take into account time zones there is going to come a time when you want to go on and play and no one, or few people, will be on.  I figure the bigger the clan, the better than chances we'll be able to get to play with clan members.

Not everyone from the other site is 100% into the idea....so if you guys were to want to join up, we might be bringing less than the 14 heads.

Hey NJ,

I extended an offer to Froz to merge with our clan the other day but he was too prideful. Now we will be forced to crush him beneath the might of our 25 strong spartan legion. If you wish to defect to our company I promise you will be treated with honor and dignity.

PS: Welcome to TAG. Are you going to be playing tonight? It should be a strong turnout since this will be the last MCC night before 5 releases.

• Like 2

My therapist recommends copious amounts of Halo to treat my...disorder. 

And yeah I was totally kidding around about crushing Froz's group. Union folk are cool.

I talked to Froz about it and I think I convinced him it's going to be in the best interest of both of we combine. I think he feels a little bad about abandoning the people who won't want to combine.

I talked to Froz about it and I think I convinced him it's going to be in the best interest of both of we combine. I think he feels a little bad about abandoning the people who won't want to combine.

I wonder what tangible benefits there are for playing together as a company? they might show up on your roster differently i guess. at the end of the day as long as we are all on each other's friends list i don't think we will be missing much if we aren't in the same company. i am happy to have you guys join us but if you feel like you will be leaving some people in the lurch then it might not be worth it.  we will all play together regardless. 

I think the biggest benefit is a place to message the group and set up gaming time and talk about the game.  We have that outlet here, or for them at Union, so it's a little awkward for us I think.  It's one more place to check to see what's going on.  However, I'm all for having the most likeminded people in one place that we can.

RE: use of clans in games - we had a clan for Destiny, but about 99.9% of organizing was done on this site, not the Destiny clan page. The clan tag under our names ended up just being a vanity item really.

RE: use of clans in games - we had a clan for Destiny, but about 99.9% of organizing was done on this site, not the Destiny clan page. The clan tag under our names ended up just being a vanity item really.

Well it was good for at least one trophy/achievement for completing the Vault of Glass together. Not sure if there is anything like that in Halo but it wasn't a big deal.

I'm hoping that the use of clans by 343 is done right.  With the MCC you can see, when you start a multiplayer lobby, whose online and who isn't.  I'm hoping that they will put the members of your clan up the top and other friends below that. Beyond that, I hope that within your ability to invite you will be able to send a quick invite to clan members (both online and off) rather than having to individually select each of the persons like you currently have to. I guess we'll see in a few days how useful Spartan Companies will be. In the meantime I plan on adding your whole company to my friends list.

I do agree that, for the most part, people are going to want to post on their forums rather than in the Halo Waypoint forums. Plus, you can't add gifs over there. In the end, I want to be in a clan that's active, and I notice that a lot of the guys here are on pretty much every Thursday night so I'm probably going to jump ship and I think many of the others will too.

I'm hoping that the use of clans by 343 is done right.  With the MCC you can see, when you start a multiplayer lobby, whose online and who isn't.  I'm hoping that they will put the members of your clan up the top and other friends below that. Beyond that, I hope that within your ability to invite you will be able to send a quick invite to clan members (both online and off) rather than having to individually select each of the persons like you currently have to. I guess we'll see in a few days how useful Spartan Companies will be. In the meantime I plan on adding your whole company to my friends list.

I do agree that, for the most part, people are going to want to post on their forums rather than in the Halo Waypoint forums. Plus, you can't add gifs over there. In the end, I want to be in a clan that's active, and I notice that a lot of the guys here are on pretty much every Thursday night so I'm probably going to jump ship and I think many of the others will too.

I am just happy to have a bunch of cool folk to play with that don't take things too seriously and understand the positive benefits that alcohol has on enhancing gameplay. hopefully halo 5 turns out to be everything we want it to be and it has a really long shelf life. at the very least i expect to be playing it every thursday for the foreseeable future.

• Like 4

In all not seriousness. I don't think it really matters. They can stay with Union if they want or join us if they want. Either way we drink beer and shoot each other. Win/Win :s1190:

We are not trying to recruit from anyone. This is not at all in any way serious. I drink too much, BDaddy cusses too much and Stud....well he just has problems.....

Honestly, if we can get an exception to the "have to be a TAG forum member" rule, I'm sure we can get the others in. If you tell me they can join, I will just dissolve the Union Company and join up with the regular crew- which I would prefer to do.

At this point I can't just dissolve it an leave the other guys hangin'. I started it and feel like this is an opportunity to get these guys playing, but I don't think they'd really try too hard if the structure wasn't there for them.

If they can join up in the TAG Company, then I'll dissolve it and they can decide what they want to do, though..

In all not seriousness. I don't think it really matters. They can stay with Union if they want or join us if they want. Either way we drink beer and shoot each other. Win/Win :s1190:

We are not trying to recruit from anyone. This is not at all in any way serious. I drink too much, BDaddy cusses too much and Stud....well he just has problems.....

Honestly, if we can get an exception to the "have to be a TAG forum member" rule, I'm sure we can get the others in. If you tell me they can join, I will just dissolve the Union Company and join up with the regular crew- which I would prefer to do.

At this point I can't just dissolve it an leave the other guys hangin'. I started it and feel like this is an opportunity to get these guys playing, but I don't think they'd really try too hard if the structure wasn't there for them.

If they can join up in the TAG Company, then I'll dissolve it and they can decide what they want to do, though..

We'll discuss this in council.  It may seem trivial to draw a line here, but we want to make sure the spirit of the law is followed. Wherever we may be signed up as a clan, we can definitely all get together on Thursdays and shoot each other in the face.