Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
studknckl

TAG Halo 5 Spartan Company

In all not seriousness. I don't think it really matters. They can stay with Union if they want or join us if they want. Either way we drink beer and shoot each other. Win/Win ;)

We are not trying to recruit from anyone. This is not at all in any way serious. I drink too much, BDaddy cusses too much and Stud....well he just has problems.....

Double trouble now with Stud's brother from another mother doppelgänger...

• Like 1

I talked to Froz about it and I think I convinced him it's going to be in the best interest of both of we combine. I think he feels a little bad about abandoning the people who won't want to combine.

I wonder what tangible benefits there are for playing together as a company? they might show up on your roster differently i guess. at the end of the day as long as we are all on each other's friends list i don't think we will be missing much if we aren't in the same company. i am happy to have you guys join us but if you feel like you will be leaving some people in the lurch then it might not be worth it.  we will all play together regardless.

The clan system in Destiny blows, it's more of a way to get traffic to Bungie's web site/mobile app than any tangible in game effect. Hopefully the Spartan companies will be a lot better implemented, plus free req pack is cool :)

• Like 1

Hey, whats one more video game forum to keep me from doing work at work.

Isn't that what work's for?!

• Like 1

The idea behind only having people signed up on our TAG website in the clan is that TAG is about over-21 gamers and also about being good & clean gamers. No griefing, no cheating, no exploiting. If folks don't agree to those principles then I am sure there will be plenty of clans to which they can be a member.

There were lots & lots of folks who signed up for the Destiny clan and only ever did a handful of posts, but at least they signed up. Probably the same with Diablo III on the PC & the TAGger clan for that.

I know I'd be livid if I was gaming with someone with TAG as their clan & I see they're a cheating douchenozzle. I'm not in the council or leadership of this clan, but I'd actively push to get people booted if I witness cheating.

EDIT - maybe we don't need to have folks for the clan signed up at the site, but we should encourage the people in the clan to be active here. We should exercise some control on who is in the clan. Part of the point of the clan is to bring in some new blood to TAG. Certainly the Diablo III & Destiny added a few dedicated members to the site.

• Like 2

Sent a request.

I'll have that Xbox...eventually...in five years or so.

So everybody has to wait so we can all play together. Same for FO4.

• Like 1

Sent a request.

Added ya Chuckles.  I know it will be worth the wait.

The idea behind only having people signed up on our TAG website in the clan is that TAG is about over-21 gamers and also about being good & clean gamers. No griefing, no cheating, no exploiting. If folks don't agree to those principles then I am sure there will be plenty of clans to which they can be a member.

There were lots & lots of folks who signed up for the Destiny clan and only ever did a handful of posts, but at least they signed up. Probably the same with Diablo III on the PC & the TAGger clan for that.

I know I'd be livid if I was gaming with someone with TAG as their clan & I see they're a cheating douchenozzle. I'm not in the council or leadership of this clan, but I'd actively push to get people booted if I witness cheating.

EDIT - maybe we don't need to have folks for the clan signed up at the site, but we should encourage the people in the clan to be active here. We should exercise some control on who is in the clan. Part of the point of the clan is to bring in some new blood to TAG. Certainly the Diablo III & Destiny added a few dedicated members to the site.

Yeah we got some good folk from Reddit when we posted about Destiny.  I have been careful not to approve any requests unless I recognize them as already on TAG, otherwise I ask them to make at least an intro post first. I figure that is the lowest barrier of entry we can put to show that they are at least interested in being a part of TAG.

As for the Union folk, all of them that I have met have been really good guys. Their community appears to have similar sensibilities when it comes to gaming. A few of their members already straddle the line between both sites. I feel sure that we could merge the clans without issue. But I understand why things are done the way they are here. And I don't think it is a big deal either way. We can all play online together regardless.

Sent a request.

Added ya Chuckles. I know it will be worth the wait.

Ya'll will wait for me? Not play the game so we can all experience it together?

I'm seriously considering telling people I lost my job just so I could have a paycheck without expectations.

Most of the guys at Union, as far as I know are over 21.

The question is the content of their character. You cannot be a TAG member solely based on age.

Let's keep TAG clans for TAG members.

This topic is going off course. Please keep it about the TAG Spartan Company. We can discuss TAG registrations in another thread.

A few of us guys from Union have been gaming on Thursday nights with TAG guys already so I know quite a few of them. Spent probably 2+ hours playing Halo MCC last night with a lot of you. 

I think I fit the mold. 41 years old, father of one, homeowner, full time and part time job holder, occasionally drink too much gamer.

I actually started a clan for Halo 2 a few years back on TXB for 25 years old + because I was getting annoyed at playing with younger kids and all the annoying racism and crap talking that was going on. May have even played with some people from here who used to be members of AGE as well. I actually organized a couple of tournaments and it was a blast. 

I'm probably going to bolt the Union Clan for this one....and I think Froz will eventually too.  I just see this group being a lot more active that the Union one and, for me, its about having an active clan to ensure I get to play online matches with people who don't drop and can communicate a little. I want to enjoy the game more than anything, but would like to occasionally win a match or two as well.

Curious as to who in this clan is like me and leans more towards 4v4 or 5v5 team slayer or team objective matches rather than BTB/KOTH/Race/Infection/Action Sack/Annoying sword or hammer game types. As much as I'm looking forward to trying out the new modes of the game, truthfully, I'd rather play some of the traditional matchmaking Halo games.

Edited by MisterxboxNJ
  • Like 3

A few of us guys from Union have been gaming on Thursday nights with TAG guys already so I know quite a few of them. Spent probably 2+ hours playing Halo MCC last night with a lot of you. 

I think I fit the mold. 41 years old, father of one, homeowner, full time and part time job holder, occasionally drink too much gamer.

I actually started a clan for Halo 2 a few years back on TXB for 25 years old + because I was getting annoyed at playing with younger kids and all the annoying racism and crap talking that was going on. May have even played with some people from here who used to be members of AGE as well. I actually organized a couple of tournaments and it was a blast. 

I'm probably going to bolt the Union Clan for this one....and I think Froz will eventually too.  I just see this group being a lot more active that the Union one and, for me, its about having an active clan to ensure I get to play online matches with people who don't drop and can communicate a little. I want to enjoy the game more than anything, but would like to occasionally win a match or two as well.

Curious as to who in this clan is like me and leans more towards 4v4 or 5v5 team slayer or team objective matches rather than BTB/KOTH/Race/Infection/Action Sack/Annoying sword or hammer game types. As much as I'm looking forward to trying out the new modes of the game, truthfully, I'd rather play some of the traditional matchmaking Halo games.

You certainly fit the mold and I'm glad you are here!

• Like 2

Yeah, you sound like most of us here. We like to play games, have fun and hang out.

I prefer team based games over the solo/arena games.

I have a feeling that right off the bat, because its new and its going to be so big/hectic that a lot of people are going to gravitate towards Warzone to try out the requisition system. It seems like a good twist on BTB and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but there is something that seems o much more competitive and strategy based about 5v5 or 4v4 matches. I just get way more into them.

I think I fit the mold...

Yep, you're good.  Froz on the other hand... We'll have to discuss that with PM's after what he did to me in ninjas last night ;)

I often prefer the smaller competitive matches over BTB, though I'm quite interested in the Warzone game type.  As for action sack and the like, I think they do very well for breaking up the night.  I don't want to play them all night, I think we have the propensity to get stuck there to keep things more casual though.

If the clan gets large and active enough, we may have enough people to split into two groups for a while.  Perhaps one can be bigger for Warzone and another smaller for the more traditional game types.

I'm probably going to bolt the Union Clan for this one....and I think Froz will eventually too.  I just see this group being a lot more active that the Union one and, for me, its about having an active clan to ensure I get to play online matches with people who don't drop and can communicate a little. I want to enjoy the game more th. an anything, but would like to occasionally win a match or two as well.

You and Froz should. When I ran the Union Destiny Clan we had a ton of members, however, no actually played, maybe 4 peeps outta the whole clan :( I have a feeling the Union Spartan Company will be the same, besides Halo night is just bout half Union guys now anyway.

I tend to like objective based stuff but I am cool with straight up slayer too. The community should be strong when 5 launches so it shouldn't be hard to find matches.  We focused on customs a lot with MCC because the matchmaking was a nightmare and the community was more or less dead so i made it hard to get into a game.  

MisterxboxNJ you won't have a hard time finding folk to run arena here on TAG. Halo nights tend to have a larger turn out so we go for BTB or customs so that everyone can play. But getting a group of 4-5 players on a regular night should be really easy. Especially early on where you are going to find TAG folk playing every night while the game is still fresh.

I'm really looking forward to getting back into some TAG action! I wanted to join you guys last night, but I got caught in something else. (anyone like the new header image? better than the old one, at least? :s1190: )