studknckl

TAG Halo 5 Spartan Company

470 posts in this topic

@MisterXboxNJ I love 4v4 and so does AnthemP3 so you can count on us. :D

I'm pretty much a Sun, Mon, Tues, Thursday gamer at this point because I work my side job bartending on Wed and Fri nights and usually watch TV with the wife on Saturday night.

@studknckl Knock knock?....whose there....me. Let me in....

Edited by MisterxboxNJ

I'm pretty much a Sun, Mon, Tues, Thursday gamer at this point because I work my side job bartending on Wed and Fri nights and usually watch TV with the wife on Saturday night.

@studknckl Knock knock?....whose there....me. Let me in....

I approved your request and i feel that it is only fair to let you know that we will be playing hammers exclusively until further notice.

will be playing hammers exclusively until further notice

playing hammers exclusively

hammers exclusively

hammers

anigif_enhanced-13914-1435602987-2.gif

Edited by hybridhavoc
3 people like this

Don't make me start a revolution on my first day! TAG Company non-hammer crew unite!

1 person likes this

Curious as to who in this clan is like me and leans more towards 4v4 or 5v5 team slayer or team objective matches rather than BTB/KOTH/Race/Infection/Action Sack/Annoying sword or hammer game types. As much as I'm looking forward to trying out the new modes of the game, truthfully, I'd rather play some of the traditional matchmaking Halo games.

Welcome, welcome, and welcome!

I can tell you that I am an objective-based PvP team multi-player.  I would rather gargle nitroglycerin than play Rumble Pit.

A few of us guys from Union have been gaming on Thursday nights with TAG guys already so I know quite a few of them. Spent probably 2+ hours playing Halo MCC last night with a lot of you... I actually started a clan for Halo 2 a few years back on TXB for 25 years old + because I was getting annoyed at playing with younger kids and all the annoying racism and crap talking that was going on... for me, its about having an active clan to ensure I get to play online matches with people who don't drop and can communicate a little... Curious as to who in this clan is like me and leans more towards 4v4 or 5v5 team slayer or team objective matches rather than BTB/KOTH/Race/Infection/Action Sack/Annoying sword or hammer game types.

Going to respond to a couple of things here.  First, you've played more Halo with TAG than I have!  I took a break from Halo after Reach and Halo 3, because I had bought in for a trilogy and they had delivered on that.  I never played Halo 4 at all and avoided MCC because of the terrible PvP issues I had read about.

I was also a founding member of a Halo 2 clan back in the day, called Truth Regret.  One of the many clans that were focused on older members and more respectful gameplay.  It fell apart by the time Halo 3 hit, and I joined another clan that was very similar, Fallen Unity.  As far as I can tell, TAG has been around since at least Halo 3 days, and I think they managed to keep going in part because everybody here is pretty awesome, but also because they weren't so tied to a single game or franchise that long periods between releases wouldn't wreck them.  I really view TAG as more of a community than a clan.

I'm also more in favor of 4v4 or 5v5 Team Slayer and Objectives.  I don't mind BTB objective matches even, but all those crazy ass gametypes I could do without.  I played my fair share of Griff Ball, don't need any more of it.

3 people like this

Added everyone from the Company to my friend's list. Looking forward to Tuesday night.

4 people like this

...I really view TAG as more of a community than a clan...

This. 

He so gets us!

A beer drinking,silly german speaking, movie quoting, m&m eating,cussing loudly, telling kids to get sand off the couch,laughing at my heater noise - Community. :D

4 people like this

...I really view TAG as more of a community than a clan...

This. 

He so gets us!

Anyone from my past clans would have wanted to strangle me as soon as I said that.  Most "clans" eventually seem to hit a point where they're too big and varied to keep everyone happy with just one game, but still too stuck to what brought them together.  Kind of creates this period where you either rebrand and reconceptualize as a community or start losing members because nobody is playing new games with them.

Just my experience, at least.

EDIT:  And this, by the way, is the power of having your own forums and driving your players back here.  You have to drive growth here on the forums to make up for the inherent losses you take every year and the spreading or your players through more games.

Edited by hybridhavoc

Curious as to who in this clan is like me and leans more towards 4v4 or 5v5 team slayer or team objective matches rather than BTB/KOTH/Race/Infection/Action Sack/Annoying sword or hammer game types. As much as I'm looking forward to trying out the new modes of the game, truthfully, I'd rather play some of the traditional matchmaking Halo games.

Welcome, welcome, and welcome!

I can tell you that I am an objective-based PvP team multi-player.  I would rather gargle nitroglycerin than play Rumble Pit.

For you Wolfrat, I'm going to see about making a Marked for Death game type, but you have to tea bag the mark before points are awarded.

I have a feeling that right off the bat, because its new and its going to be so big/hectic that a lot of people are going to gravitate towards Warzone to try out the requisition system. It seems like a good twist on BTB and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but there is something that seems o much more competitive and strategy based about 5v5 or 4v4 matches. I just get way more into them.

I'm with you mister. However I would prefer to play with a group above having my game type choice. Maybe we can work multi team in if we have alot of people again. (Eg 3 teams of 4.)

Sent from my Samsung. while using the toilet.

I'm down for playing any and all gametypes, as long as they include copious amounts of Hammer Time and that lovely mode called Hornet race...

I'm down for playing any and all gametypes, as long as they include copious amounts of Hammer Time and that lovely mode called Hornet race...

Hornet race was a disaster (I am still salty I didn't get the achievement) 

I have a feeling that right off the bat, because its new and its going to be so big/hectic that a lot of people are going to gravitate towards Warzone to try out the requisition system. It seems like a good twist on BTB and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but there is something that seems o much more competitive and strategy based about 5v5 or 4v4 matches. I just get way more into them.

I'm with you mister. However I would prefer to play with a group above having my game type choice. Maybe we can work multi team in if we have alot of people again. (Eg 3 teams of 4.)

Hey Grund1e. Good to see that we didn't traumatize you too much last night. It isn't often that FrozPot shows up wearing lederhosen but when he does it is a hell of a night.

We were talking on the Slack channel today and it is pretty likely that we will have a large enough turnout that we can fill up more than one party. If that happens we can always divide up among the different game types that people want to play.  I know there is a group of folk that want to focus on doing some down and dirty competitive play outside of our regular thursday night booze and bullet fest.

It will all work out.

3 people like this

I was watching warzone on twitch today... it looks unbelievable.

3 people like this

I was watching warzone on twitch today... it looks unbelievable.

I haven't been able to catch any war zone streams but I have seen plenty of break out and it looks pretty cool. very fast paced. i am most looking forward to war zone though. 

Hornet race was a disaster (I am still salty I didn't get the achievement)

Yeah that Hornet race was terrible...

Just started down loading the standard version. Sure hope to have it done by Tuesday. Moving kinda slow here.

1 person likes this

Tick Tock......tick tock....Sort of considering going to bed early tonight and waking up at 12am to "pee" and sneaking in a few games before going back to bed....or, going in late tomorrow and getting an hour of gaming in before work.

I'm off tomorrow.  I'll be up late to play tonight and on during my daughters nap times tomorrow.

Do you have to be a member here for so long before you can post links?  I want to post a link to the Halo Waypoint spot where you can check out and open any unopened req packs you have.

Also wanted to show you the 8 packs I had unopened....

Do you have to be a member here for so long before you can post links?  I want to post a link to the Halo Waypoint spot where you can check out and open any unopened req packs you have.

Also wanted to show you the 8 packs I had unopened....

Post away, buddy.