• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
Hoptimus

Halo 5 Playlist updates/game updates thread

Hoptimus    1123

Playlist update for this weekend.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/weekend-playlist-updates-and-additions

By B is for Bravo - 16 hours ago

For the past week, we’ve been poring over your Halo 5 feedback across the entire game, tirelessly reviewing multiplayer data, and working on tuning tweaks as well as brand-new content. We talked a bit about just a few of the things that team is diving into and working on last week, and we’ll talk about even more about what’s to come in tomorrow’s weekly update, but we’re stopping by for a moment to talk about some playlist changes that will be made tomorrow morning pacific time. Let’s dig into the details!

Weekend Shotty Snipers

h5_sniper_banner-ea387d37b495417f8491242

You voted in this week’s weekend playlist poll, and Shotty Snipers was the clear, undisputed winner. This weekend playlist will be available starting tomorrow morning pacific time, and will run through early Monday morning pacific time. The playlist will offer increased XP rewards, and the game type will be available on all Arena maps (aside from the Breakout variants).

Additionally, based on your feedback on map variety and rotations, we’re making a few changes to existing playlists to improve variety. To start, we’re removing Orion, in its current form, from all playlists so that we can take some time to remove and patch map exploits as well as make additional improvements to the map before re-adding it where appropriate. In parallel, we’re also working on multiplayer spawns (and any exploits that arise) on existing maps as well, based on information from feedback and videos you’ve submitted as well as internal playtests. Next, we’re making some major additions to existing playlists by adding 15 additional map / game type combinations to the lineup. Here is a breakdown of the additions:

New additions to each playlist are listed in bold.

Team Arena

In Team Arena, we’re adding Strongholds on Plaza, Capture the Flag on Empire, Slayer on Regret, and Breakout on Altitude. Here’s a look at the new playlist layout:

Breakout
  • Altitude
  • Trident
Slayer
  • Coliseum
  • The Rig
  • Plaza
  • Eden
  • Empire
  • Regret
Capture the Flag
  • Coliseum
  • Truth
  • Fathom
  • Empire
Strongholds
  • The Rig
  • Eden
  • Empire
  • Plaza
Slayer

In the Slayer playlist, we’re adding Truth, Empire, , and Pegasus. Here is the updated map layout dropping tomorrow morning:

• Coliseum
  • The Rig
  • Plaza
  • Regret
  • Fathom
  • Truth
  • Empire
  • Pegasus
SWAT

In the SWAT playlist, you’ll see Empire, Fathom, Coliseum, and Truth added to the current lineup:

• Eden
  • Pegasus
  • The Rig
  • Plaza
  • Regret
  • Empire
  • Fathom
  • Coliseum
  • Truth
Free For All

In FFA, you’ll see Empire, Fathom, Coliseum, and Truth added:

• Eden
  • Pegasus
  • The Rig
  • Plaza
  • Regret
  • Empire
  • Fathom
  • Coliseum
  • Truth

All of these changes are set to go live tomorrow morning, so we’ll see you in matchmaking then. Be sure to swing by around the end of the day for the next weekly update, too. Talk to you then.

Bravo

• Like 1

Hoptimus    1123

BIG TEAM BATTLE UPDATE

http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/09/halo-5-november-content-update-brings-four-new-maps-for-big-team-battle/

Halo 5 players are in for a treat this month.

The next major Halo 5: Guardians content drop arrives this week, and is mainly focused on Big Team Battle, which will be added to Arena matchmaking.

To support this mode, four new maps are inbound. Three of them were developed in collaboration with a community creator, and each was inspired by a classic map. Here’s the rundown:

halo_5_november_maps_1.jpg

Deadlock (Nokyard)
Inspired by: Standoff
Stolen Forerunner knowledge has made war a glassy plain of death on which few can find purchase.

halo_5_november_maps_2.jpg

Basin
Inspired by: Valhalla
Shake the dust from your feet.

halo_5_november_maps_3.jpg

Guillotine (The Psycho Duck)
Inspired by: Headlong
By day, a deadly urban battleground. By night, a playground for the reckless.

halo_5_november_maps_4.jpg

Recurve (The Fated Fire)
Inspired by: Longbow
The wide arms of this training site embrace every instrument of destruction.

November will also bring a bunch of new REQ content, which 343 Industries will introduce gradually over the week ahead. Visit Halo Waypoint for a graphic hinting at what’s on the way.

Primordial G00    1130

While these maps are expertly crafted, I'm disappointed they are forged maps rather than their own artwork, lighting and custom structures.  If all the "free map packs" are forged, I'll be supremely disappointed. 

While these maps are expertly crafted, I'm disappointed they are forged maps rather than their own artwork, lighting and custom structures. If all the "free map packs" are forged, I'll be supremely disappointed.

I don't think they will be. This was they went out to the community and had the top map makers make BTB maps to try. Then they polished it up. The new maps will be designed maps...not forge

Also...yay for BTB!!!

A Standoff remake? Now that's awesome. Many a dominating games played on there. See the end of this video for example ;)

http://youtu.be/Po_R2eBLBAw

hybridhavoc    714

While these maps are expertly crafted, I'm disappointed they are forged maps rather than their own artwork, lighting and custom structures.  If all the "free map packs" are forged, I'll be supremely disappointed. 

I have to say that honestly I don't understand why this would be disappointing.  With the wealth of tools and items that they appear to have put into Forge, and especially with the dynamic lighting and with placeable light features, these maps have every ability to be just as good as something custom made from the ground up.

• Like 2

Primordial G00    1130

I have to say that honestly I don't understand why this would be disappointing.  With the wealth of tools and items that they appear to have put into Forge, and especially with the dynamic lighting and with placeable light features, these maps have every ability to be just as good as something custom made from the ground up.

I do expect they'll play quite well, but forged maps, even with the extra tools, always have a certain aesthetic.  There is only so much variation you're able to do with color or even with the landscape you're working with.  I really feel they should release a map or two to show the power of the tools (we already have one in rotation) and leave the rest to the community to come up with. 

A designed map can look as different as say, The Plaza.  That's a gorgeous map you'll never see in forge.

hybridhavoc    714

I do expect they'll play quite well, but forged maps, even with the extra tools, always have a certain aesthetic.  There is only so much variation you're able to do with color or even with the landscape you're working with.  I really feel they should release a map or two to show the power of the tools (we already have one in rotation) and leave the rest to the community to come up with. 

A designed map can look as different as say, The Plaza.  That's a gorgeous map you'll never see in forge.

I agree that there are detailed aesthetics that likely just aren't possible in Forge that you would get from a true map.  With that said, I think we're already seeing more variance in forge maps than we've seen in the past.  They do have a sort of Fischer Price simplicity to them.

Hoptimus    1123

AWwwwww Yeaahhhhh!!!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/battle-of-shadow-and-light

dlc_pack_1_chopped_1120-b7823dd7668e4d40

Our promised commitment to meaningful post-launch support and expanded free content begins this month with our first drop: Battle of Shadow and Light, which adds the stealthy new Shinobi ninja-themed armor, some legendary Light Rifle firepower and perhaps most importantly, the arrival of Big Team Battle maps, modes and mayhem to Halo 5: Guardians.

There are tons of new REQs added to this month’s drop, including ones that might give you access to the Ultra Rare Shinobi armor and Legendary Dying Star Light Rifle (to name but two). We have Tundra and Woodland-themed vehicle skins, a brutal (and occasionally hilarious) Shove It assassination and dozens more items to unlock, discover and utilize.

But Big Team Battle is the cherry on top, and you’ll recognize elements and aspects of the first four maps in the mix, but all four have been, in varying ways, significantly adjusted for the new mobility, weapons and features of Halo 5 – and all are available in both Custom Games and Matchmaking, and present just a hint of the content featured in next month’s update.

Big Team Battle: 16-Player Vehicular Carnage btb_1080-5a4591c737734b49b386df9b3b0fbbd

Next week, the new 8v8 Big Team Battle playlist will become available. Grab a group of friends, jump in a Warthog, and duke it out on four new Big Team Battle canvases: Deadlock, Basin, Guillotine, and Recurve. Looking for explosive, large-scale Arena action? You’ve found it.

48 NEW REQs nov-cu-infographic-secret-fc517733ed534f
New Assassination!
shove_it_542_02-ed65443af42a43bebb12f692
Shove it Rarity: Uncommon

Bringing knives to gunfights since 2553

Twinzies Video
mantis_module-f318efd569e64923829018ec56
Tundra Mantis Rarity: Legendary

Relatively high ground pressure hamstrings the Mantis in some boggy and snowy environments, but its onboard fusion power plant has innumerable uses in remote campaigns. Improved Mantis with extra armor.

• Like 1

Hoptimus    1123

So far today all that has been released is a playlist update. Still no word on if the BTB maps come today or later this week. If you are using INSTANT ON it should update automatically.

Hoptimus    1123

Yup just posting to relay that yes BTB is LIVE! You may need a hard reboot for shit to work all correctly though. :P

Strongbad11    106

After not playing any multiplayer last night, I am ready for some BTB.

Hopefully it will be a nice change from doing warzone assault when we have large groups. Especially with 8v8 all TAGers.

• Like 1

Hoptimus    1123

Big Team is pretty awesome. This is what I wanted for a bigger than 4v4 team playlist.

Laughs,Destruction, Ar/BR starts. It is all here. Oh and teabagging Stud.

BruteForce0G    24

Big Team is pretty awesome. This is what I wanted for a bigger than 4v4 team playlist.

Laughs,Destruction, Ar/BR starts. It is all here. Oh and teabagging Stud.

BTB is awesome and a much needed adition to keep Halo 5 going. I think I played like 50 games yesterday, was having a blast. Happily I was rated with a low silver 1 rank

• Like 1