Hoptimus

Halo 5 Playlist updates/game updates thread

266 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hybridhavoc said:

MP in the whole. Things coming for Forge and the Halo sandbox in general.

Awesome! I love the support that this game is getting. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TL;DR: Everyone should try breakout again.  @CaptainToay43, @BDaddyK And I played 10 straight rounds the other night and it was awesome.  

 

Full shields, pistol/shotgun start, new (better) maps and now you cap the flag by bringing it back to your base instead of theirs. 

The flag change is significant, because it makes it imperative to take control of the center where the flag, power ups and power weapons are.  Forcing a team away from their base results in quicker, more fun matches.  

I also believe he shotgun is amped a bit.  The range is pretty deadly.  Normally, I'd complain, but it's a load out weapon and works really well for this game type.

I love cutting up and playing customs, but this was probably the most exciting Halo I've played in a long time. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Primordial G00 said:

TL;DR: Everyone should try breakout again.  @CaptainToay43, @BDaddyK And I played 10 straight rounds the other night and it was awesome.  

 

Full shields, pistol/shotgun start, new (better) maps and now you cap the flag by bringing it back to your base instead of theirs. 

The flag change is significant, because it makes it imperative to take control of the center where the flag, power ups and power weapons are.  Forcing a team away from their base results in quicker, more fun matches.  

I also believe he shotgun is amped a bit.  The range is pretty deadly.  Normally, I'd complain, but it's a load out weapon and works really well for this game type.

I love cutting up and playing customs, but this was probably the most exciting Halo I've played in a long time. 

Totally agree. I hadn't played BO in prolly 6 months prior to this weekend, and it was way better than the last time I played. Wicked fun, I think we won about 75% of our matches, even when we were down a man. The most Halo fun I've had in a long time in PvP. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2016 at 8:41 AM, Primordial G00 said:

TL;DR: Everyone should try breakout again.  @CaptainToay43, @BDaddyK And I played 10 straight rounds the other night and it was awesome.  

 

Full shields, pistol/shotgun start, new (better) maps and now you cap the flag by bringing it back to your base instead of theirs. 

The flag change is significant, because it makes it imperative to take control of the center where the flag, power ups and power weapons are.  Forcing a team away from their base results in quicker, more fun matches.  

I also believe he shotgun is amped a bit.  The range is pretty deadly.  Normally, I'd complain, but it's a load out weapon and works really well for this game type.

I love cutting up and playing customs, but this was probably the most exciting Halo I've played in a long time. 

Agreed. This is the most fun I've had in a game mode in a while on Halo 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe on Thursday night we can do a round of BO when we have 8 people. Might be a nice break from Super Fiesta/the game with the flying vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some very cool stuff in there! Anxious to read about the rest tomorrow.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, anthem_pt3 said:

Holy fuck 343's new patch fucked a lot of shit up

Yeah, it didn't help things for me because my interest in Halo 5 has admittedly already been waning. Spending nearly the entire time trying to get into a match or stay in a party just wasn't appealing to me. I wonder what was so vital for them to fix that it broke the lobby system entirely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

I did not even get to play. :(

Neither did I :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2017 at 3:18 AM, DukeDesu said:

Yeah, it didn't help things for me because my interest in Halo 5 has admittedly already been waning. Spending nearly the entire time trying to get into a match or stay in a party just wasn't appealing to me. I wonder what was so vital for them to fix that it broke the lobby system entirely? 

Yeah, I feel like there hasn't really been anything new/fresh for months in this game. I've been seeing a lot of complaints about connection troubles on Halo 5 from reddit recently. 

I'll keep playing because I'm basically addicted but even I am starting to get bored with this game :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's had a pretty good run - the power of Forge has extended its lifespan pretty considerably compared to other games. Unfortunately daylight savings time always plays havoc with our turnout for Halo night, and that in turn impacts what sorts of customs we can feasibly manage.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hybridhavoc said:

It's had a pretty good run - the power of Forge has extended its lifespan pretty considerably compared to other games. Unfortunately daylight savings time always plays havoc with our turnout for Halo night, and that in turn impacts what sorts of customs we can feasibly manage.

Most definitely, two years and going strong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2017 at 2:29 PM, hybridhavoc said:

plays havoc

Hah, I get it

/s

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a job also impacts my Halo time :(.  At least for the summer I'll have Fridays off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now