• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
Hoptimus

Halo 5 Playlist updates/game updates thread

Hoptimus    1123

Here is the full reveal.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/cartographer-s-gift-req-reveal

By 343 Industries - 36 minutes ago

The next free update to Halo 5: Guardians arrives next week and with it comes Forge, new Arena and Warzone maps, Seasons and social playlists, brand new REQs, and more. Today, we’re excited to reveal each unlockable REQ. Included are weapons, armor, and emblems you might recognize from past Halo titles, as well as some new additions.

Cartographer’s Gift marks the return of the SPNKr Rocket Launcher - the dual-tubed tool of destruction that comes in 4 flavors. You’ll also notice the full set of Gold Standard weapon skins, which are rather fitting of their Legendary rarity. We hope you’re as excited as we are for Cartographer’s Gift and the wide array of new content it brings to Halo 5. Without further ado, here’s the full REQ reveal of the Cartographer’s Gift update, which we teased in last week’s Halo Community Update.

Join us this Friday at 3 PM PT on Halo Channel and Twitch.tv/Halo to see the new content - including Forge, new maps, REQs, and more - in action!

dec-cu-req-poster-allon-1120-6106f202e81

Primordial G00    1130

That's a pretty big content drop - can't wait. 

Basically we've reached what I think the point of content at which the game should have launched.  Oh well, because it's worked so well compared to MCC and other shooters since day one, I'll cut them some slack. 

MisterxboxNJ    430

Just got the latest Microsoft Survey. I think I'm going to mention a few of my pet peeves.

1. Need an easier way to see how much time is left or what the score is of games your friends are participating in so you can decide whether or not to go play a quick game of your own or wait for them to end.

2. Emblems should be completely unlocked so a Spartan Company can easily all choose the same Emblem together.

3. Been playing since release and still haven't unlocked the DMR for Warzone. Less common reqs in packs...get rid of warthogs and mongoose that don't have weapons. They are useless.

hybridhavoc    714

Yeah, we'll have the Spartan Company Service Record so we can see our collective stats, and there are going to be new Spartan Company Commendations - goals for us to reach as a whole to unlock REQ packs for the whole group.  Definitely a neat way to do something with the Spartan Companies.  Still want to view my Spartan Company like a Friends List.

BTB new map called Entombed is inspired by Burial Mounds from Halo 2.  SPNKR rocket launcher included on map.  Other BTB map, Antifreeze, is infrantry-focused BTB map.

Primordial G00    1130

All new social playlist.  I was going to guess action sack, but they did say all new. 

Also noticed pre-season is over for ranked and Season 1 kicks off with a special REQ pack for completing all your placement matches in a playlist.

Anyone interested in playing competitively?  When I say competitively, I basically mean keep up with callouts and perhaps have a general plan for victory.  Certainly not hardcore, just putting our best foot forward to win.  Maybe only a couple of beers instead of 5-6... ;)

hybridhavoc    714

All new social playlist.  I was going to guess action sack, but they did say all new. 

Also noticed pre-season is over for ranked and Season 1 kicks off with a special REQ pack for completing all your placement matches in a playlist.

Anyone interested in playing competitively?  When I say competitively, I basically mean keep up with callouts and perhaps have a general plan for victory.  Certainly not hardcore, just putting our best foot forward to win.  Maybe only a couple of beers instead of 5-6... :s1190:

I don't think it's any secret that I like to win.  May be on board with a competitive group.

MisterxboxNJ    430

We had a couple of good BTB matches last night...and, it was usually when we had people who made it their missions to sit back on defense. That 1-0 CTF win was an example of good communication. Constantly calling out where they were coming from and what weapons and vehicles they had really helped us win that match.

Also, in another match we made two really fast flag capture runs with the Warthog which helped us dominate the game. You really have to keep moving the warthog most of the time, occasionally, if you aren't getting shot at could can park it on high ground and cover areas with it.

Definitely down for competitive play. Maybe have a team captain and assignments. But, yeah, communication is key.

• Like 1

Hoptimus    1123

In general BTB is harder to get the group in on. 4v4 is easy to keep up the call outs but yeah I am down too. G00 I will try to keep it to 3 beers or less okay. :P

hybridhavoc    714

We had a couple of good BTB matches last night...and, it was usually when we had people who made it their missions to sit back on defense. That 1-0 CTF win was an example of good communication.

I know that some other players get irritated with those of us that stick to defense, because they think it's about maintaining a high KDA.  But I primarily like to stick to Defense because I get irritated with having to switch back and forth constantly.  I think that knowing there are people dedicated to the other part of the match makes it easier to focus and do your part right.  Plus, one or two good killers with the right defensive setup can often do the job, freeing up almost the entire team for offense.

Also, in another match we made two really fast flag capture runs with the Warthog which helped us dominate the game.

As far as I'm concerned, I think this should be our focus in BTB CTF.  A flag carrier that can get a well-timed ride is exponentially more likely to score than somebody that's having to run it the whole way.  The difference is so great that I will often be seen hiding in their base with their flag until I can get a ride out of there.

Primordial G00    1130

In general BTB is harder to get the group in on. 4v4 is easy to keep up the call outs but yeah I am down too. G00 I will try to keep it to 3 beers or less okay. :p

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to encroach on any of the fun-loving parts of Halo Thursdays.  This would likely just be if we were split into teams for party size reasons or even non-Thursday nights.  I'm not trying to drag the whole party into it or split the party up (unless necessary for size as I mentioned).

Just thinking that, with social and ranked lists now, it might be hard to convince some to go back to a ranked list and just give it a shot without the right mindset.

hybridhavoc    714

New Features and Content:

• Forge is now available!
  • Added a basic implementation of File Browser. Players can now bookmark and share custom maps and modes through Active Roster, by following (or become friends with) a player.
  • Over 30 new REQs including weapons, armor, emblems, and more have been added.
  • Battle of Noctus map added to Warzone.
  • Overgrowth map added to Arena.
  • Entombed and Antifreeze maps added to Big Team Battle.
  • Commendations and Service Record for Spartan Companies have been added, and can be tracked on Halo Channel and HaloWaypoint.com.
  • Social playlists have been added (Big Team Battle and Holiday Social).
  • Holiday Doubles playlist added (ranked).
  • Advanced controller setting options have been added, including controls for aim acceleration as well as deadzone controls. These settings are automatically set to the previous defaults you've been playing on. Full details here.
  • Seasons for ranked playlists have been added; The January 2016 Season begins today.
  • Enabled the ability to purchase multiple gold REQ Packs in one single purchase, several of which include free bonus packs. (These will be coming online within the next few days).

Multiplayer:

• FFA playlist reduced to 6 players from 8 players.
  • Fixed the Warzone Assault armory exploit
  • Replaced Scorpion on Recurve with Gauss Warthog.
  • Removed Mantis from Guillotine and added a Warthog for each team.
  • Fixed spawning bug that sometimes spawned a player on Red team in the Blue base on Deadlock at the start of a match.
  • Fixed an issue where players could escape Gambol’s normal play boundaries.
  • Added interactive switches to Deadlock to control window shutters and doors for each base.
  • Fixed a bug in Breakout that awarded kills after the flag has been captured.
  • Add Flag Grabs statistic to the post-game carnage report.
  • Fixed a Free-For-All bug where kills were shown in scoreboard rather than score.
  • Added medal for melee’s performed to an enemy’s back.
  • Added in-game text for Flag Driver medal.

Campaign:

• Improved stability when joining a Fireteam’s Campaign mission in progress.
  • Joining a Fireteam’s Campaign mission in progress will no long force all Fireteam members back to the character select screen.
  • Fixed a bug on Guardians that hindered a player’s movement if they’ve died and were unable to complete the mission.

Ranking:

• Adjusted CSR placements for SWAT and FFA playlists.
  • Fixed bugs surrounding players being placed too high across all playlists.

User Interface:

Lobby:

• Amount of REQ Points and number of unopened REQ packs will be visible during intermission and in Lobby.
  • Fixed bug around Fireteam sorting - The Fireteam Leader will now be displayed at the top followed by his or her team in alphabetical order by Gamertag. For Custom Games, all other teams will be grouped together and then sorted alphabetically as well.

Active Roster:

• Friend Status will now be visible from the Friends list so you can see what your friends are doing in Halo 5: Guardians.
  • Fixed bug around Friend sorting so it sorts online and offline friends alphabetically.

Spartan Hub / REQs:

• REQ Rarity and Description will be visible for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your Collection whether you own it or not.
  • REQ Energy Cost will also be displayed for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your REQ Collection.

Spectate / Theater:

• Added hidden controls to change player POV for up to 8 players in the match. Holding left trigger will enable the use of the d-pad and ABXY face buttons to change player POV on the fly. Players are mapped to buttons alphabetically.
  • Added ability to change player POV from the Scoreboard. Press the View button to bring up the Scoreboard; use d-pad to navigate and A-button to select a POV.
  • Fixed bug aroundPlayer POV Selector sorting. It will now sort by team, and then alphabetically by Gamertag.
  • Fixed bug around controls for Zooming while in Free Cam.
  • Fixed bug around not being able to hide the Player POV Selector in some cases when toggling UI visibility.
  • Fixed a bug where ending a theater film placed players into a solo campaign lobby
  • Added ability to play and pause film while UI is hidden using the A button.

HUD:

• The location callout will now appear when dead, spectating, in Smart-Link, etc.
  • The Highest Score per Column in the in-game Scoreboard will have a visual callout allowing you to see very quickly which player has the most kills, most assists, and least deaths.

Controls:

• Added advanced controller options. Full details here.

Networking:

• Improved ping times to dedicated servers in matchmaking.
  • Improved gameplay quality under network conditions with high packet loss.

Strongbad11    106

• Added interactive switches to Deadlock to control window shutters and doors for each base.
  • REQ Rarity and Description will be visible for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your Collection whether you own it or not.
  • REQ Energy Cost will also be displayed for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your REQ Collection.

I really like these.

• Like 1

hybridhavoc    714

I really like these.

I like the interactive switches added to Deadlock.  This is something that was in the original, and when they started talking about how you could script things in Forge I was immediately wondering why they had left it out.  CTF on Deadlock will be very different with this addition.

Primordial G00    1130

Things I didn't necessarily expect, but really appreciate.

• FFA playlist reduced to 6 players from 8 players.

Hoptimus    1123

Thanks G00!!

I played a bit last night and I am very happy that we have Social Lists now. That is awesome. New maps are fun too!