Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
Hoptimus

Halo 5 Playlist updates/game updates thread

TL;DR - Set your Dead Zones to 0%.  Trust me!

Thank you Frozpot for the explanation last night. EVERYONE needs to check this for themselves:

The Cartographer's Gift allows finer tuning to your controls as described in the update list above.  Go to your control settings and set your dead zone's to 0%.  Then load up a custom game.  Don't touch your sticks and if your reticle doesn't move, you're in luck! if it does move, bump up your deadzone to the minimum number required to get it to stop. 

As I understand it, dead zone's are a baked in feature for most games to counter any drift your controller may cause from manufacturing imperfections.  That is, when your analog stick is at rest, you have to push it a certain percentage of the way across it's movable range before any action will occur on the screen.  As you could guess, this affects the finer points in aiming.  In Halo 5, default dead zone is 12%! 

Turning my dead zone to 0% made the aiming feel soooo much more fluid.  I had heard the complaints before (even though 343 says it is set the same as previous Halo's), but I was blissfully ignorant of the dead zone effect until now .  My guess, because Halo 5 has aim assist turned down more than other Halo's, the dead zone becomes more relevant for that finer aim adjustment.  Enjoy!

Finally some news about the January update.  343 is in their new studio and ready to rock! Some highlights from the following article: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/opening-statements

"The update is scheduled to drop towards the end of the month, and it’ll include new maps, weapons, armors, weapon skins, and more. We’ll be detailing the full contents of the update over the next few weeks, including another preview livestream in approximately two weeks’ time."

I stupidly tried to argue why 343 was less concerned over adding more playlists over Warzone and Slayer in a Halo Waypoint forum once. This is the Holiday Playlists listed by popularity (by total unique users).  It's nice to be justified once in a while.

1. Warzone
  2. Slayer
  3. Team Arena
  4. SWAT
  5. Big Team Battle
  6. Holiday Social
  7. Warzone Assault
  8. Breakout
  9. Holiday Doubles
  10. Free for All

"We’ve also heard your thoughts and starting with this weekend, we’ve more than doubled the amount of the XP that you’ll receive for featured playlists. Additionally, our Investment Team has been digging through REQ data, and found that Team Arena has been awarding slightly below the average amount of REQ points per minute, so we’ve made an update to bring this more in line with the intended design. In short, more REQ points."

"Next up, game types. We know many of you are looking forward to jumping into new Halo 5 game types, and the team is hard at work on a wide variety of modes – ranging from competitive modes to Grifball to Fiesta to more. These are currently being slated into future Halo 5 updates, and although final timelines aren’t set just yet..."

There's a bunch more to see in the article, including an impressive "Play of the Week". 

• Like 1

Griff ball = gravity hammer = Hammer Time!!!!!!!!

Did I get enough exclamations on that for you Stud ;)  (I think it was stud as the detractor from hammer time...)

Also, anyone getting the impression this is a building year for Halo and Halo 6 may blow our socks off?  As long as they don't try to re-write the engine or anything major.  I dunno, maybe they like spoon feeding the content.

It definitely took some getting used to. Was fun the couple of times I played it, but, in the end I could see it getting boring fast.  I guess its gone now anyways right? It was a weekend playlist...I barely ever get to play on weekends, except Sunday night.

Infinity's Armory Preview
jan-cu-req-poster_preview-923c0a2e085045
banner2-bae7382b757a4983bcac44cd2c8303d4

h5-guardians-establishing-mp-arena-ripti 

Thought this was pretty cool for the forgers:
The idea for Forge Prefabs (our name for them) came early in our blue sky process and stuck immediately. They perfectly aligned with our desires to help cartographers build better, build faster, and build more. Additionally, it seemed to be a seamless extension of other core features we were looking at; any object/any map, multi-select, and grouping. The idea of building an amazing structure, saving it out, and placing it on different maps or sharing it with the rest of the world would be an EXTREMELY powerful tool in the hands of the Forge community; a potential game changer really. I even see it opening up the possibility of a new kind of Forger, one who isn’t focused on all the details of building a full level, but instead focuses on building pieces that others can then grab and kitbash into their own worlds.
  • Like 2

I’m a big fan of Warzone Assault, and I loved getting to work on both Battle of Noctus and now Urban. For this map we really wanted to push the gameplay and visual changes between Noctus. The biggest change was done to the design of the central area of the map, making it much more terrain and vehicle focused than Noctus. The added lines of sight from different areas along the street and home base area also add a new and fresh element of finding new areas for players to fight around.

Urban:  Because everybody loves Noctus.

After extensive testing in the studio we’re happy to announce that starting with “Infinity’s Armory,” we’ve increased the weapon despawn timer across all of Warzone from 5 to 20 seconds without impacting framerate. Now you’ll have more time to track down that weapon you dropped after getting bullseyed by a steely-eyed sniper, and perhaps, you’ll get the opportunity to experiment with other tools of destruction delivered by the vanquished bodies of your enemies.

Longer Despawn:  So you can get sniped while holding The Answer four or five times!

Mongoose Sumo:  Bridge Mode Enabled

26 minutes ago, studknckl said:

time to get to work on those spartan company commendations in order to get that achilles armor.

That's still a whole lot of work.

28 minutes ago, MisterxboxNJ said:

I can't tell you how many times I've gone running back to a spot I died and was like DAMN!

I'm surprised they increased it and by so much.  I assumed it was more about the money than anything.  The more cards you use, the more you need.  The more cards you need the more likely you are to buy them.

I think 343 would rather make their users happy and want them to come back and play. Nothing more frustrating that coming out of your base and getting sniped and dropping that level 6-7 req weapon without having a chance to use it.  I've gotten to the point that if I'm in a game that is a blowout, I don't bother using req points because whats the point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MisterxboxNJ said:

I think 343 would rather make their users happy and want them to come back and play. Nothing more frustrating that coming out of your base and getting sniped and dropping that level 6-7 req weapon without having a chance to use it.  I've gotten to the point that if I'm in a game that is a blowout, I don't bother using req points because whats the point.

Precisely.  The kinds of power weapons that could maybe pull you back from the hole you're in are exactly the kinds of weapons you're afraid to call and immediately lose.  And five seconds was just incredibly short.