Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
Sign in to follow this  
SithWarrior

Halo 5 REQ cards

SithWarrior    1836

After saving 77000 req points and going to town with it I'm left with three common items to unlock two assault rifles and one battle rifle then I can move to silver packs.

One way to check your req cards is on halo waypoint halo 5 service record and click on requisition then you can look at you customization, Loadout, Power and Vehicle, & boost cards

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/requisitions/categories/customization?ownedOnly=False

best way to unlock Common items is with Bronze packs - fact
best way to unlock Common to Rare items is with Silver packs?
best way to unlock Uncommon to Legendary items is with Gold packs?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/to-get-all-the-permanent-unlocks-cheapest-method/bc5c4777-cff1-4b53-906e-caf1e60b78c7/posts

I used halowaypoint to get all the numbers as of Nov 8, 2015

Number of items that are Common

Customization:
Helmets 26 out of 175
Armor 26 out of 175
Visor 7 out of 53
Emblem 20 out of 218
Stance 2 out of 14
Assassination 2 out of 17

Weapon Skin 0 out of 28

Loadout:
Assault Rifle 14 out of 21
Battle Rifle 7 out of 21
DMR 0 out of 21
Magnum 1 out 1
SMG 0 out 21
Armor Mods 2 out of 10

Power Weapon 11 out of 70
Vehicle 11 out of 45
Powerup 1 out of 12

Boost:
Arena 2 out of 15
Warzone 1 out of 16

Number of items that are Uncommon

Customization:

Helmets 42 out of 175

Armor 42 out of 175

Visor 7 out of 53

Emblem 17 out of 218

Stance 3 out of 14

Assassination 2 out of 17

Weapon Skin 5 out of 28

Loadout:

Assault Rifle 7 out of 21

Battle Rifle 7 out of 21

DMR 0 out of 21

Magnum 0 out of 1

SMG 7 out of 21

Armor Mods 1 out of 10

Power Weapon 13 out of 70

Vehicle 7 out of 45

Powerup 3 out of 12

Boost

Arena 5 out of 15

Warzone 5 out of 16

Number of items that are Rare

Customization:

Helmets 39 out of 175

Armor 39 out of 175

Visor 17 out of 53

Emblem 121 out of 218

Stance 4 out of 14

Assassination 5 out of 17

Weapon Skin 8 out of 28

Loadout:

Assault Rifle 0 out of 21

Battle Rifle 7 out of 21

DMR 7 out of 21

Magnum 0 out of 1

SMG 7 out of 21

Armor Mods 3 out of 10

Power Weapon 20 out of 70

Vehicle 10 out of 45

Powerup 4 out of 12

Boost

Arena 4 out of 15

Warzone 4 out of 16

Number of items that are Ultra Rare

Customization:

Helmets 33 out of 175

Armor 33 out of 175

Visor 14 out of 53

Emblem 40 out of 218

Stance 3 out of 14

Assassination 5 out of 17

Weapon Skin 8 out of 28

Loadout:

Battle Rifle 0 out of 21

DMR 7 out of 21

Magnum 0 out of 1

SMG 7 out of 21

Armor Mods 3 out of 10

Power Weapon 16 out of 70

Vehicle 9 out of 45

Powerup 3 out of 12

Boost

Arena 2 out of 15

Warzone 3 out of 16

Number of items that are Legendary

Customization:

Helmets 35 out of 175

Armor 35 out of 175

Visor 8 out of 53

Emblem 20 out of 218

Stance 2 out of 14

Assassination 3 out of 17

Weapon Skin 7 out of 28

Loadout:

Battle Rifle 0 out of 21

DMR 7 out of 21

Magnum 0 out of 1

SMG 0 out of 21

Armor Mods 1 out of 10

Power Weapon 10 out of 70

Vehicle 8 out of 45

Powerup 1 out of 12

Boost

Arena 2 out of 15

Warzone 3 out of 16

anymore info on req cards will be helpful

(hope my list makes sense)

Edited by SithWarrior

SithWarrior    1836

more info on cards

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/to-get-all-the-permanent-unlocks-cheapest-method/bc5c4777-cff1-4b53-906e-caf1e60b78c7/posts

Silver looks like the best option but at lest now my permanent unlocks will mostly be Uncommon to Rare?

• Like 2

Wolfrat    526

I have been buying nothing but Gold.  I have to imagine I have purchased at least a dozen or two dozen Gold packs, easily.

So I should buy Bronze packs until I get all the Common Certifications?  I know if I have a Common Certification for something if it has the little blue ribbon in the top right corner of the card?

For instance, I sort by Common Power Weapons.  I have 8 of 11.  Needler and Saw have a blue ribbon.  None of the others have it.  So, I have the Common Certification for Needler and Saw, but not for the other six I have, and obviously not for the other three I do not have at all.  Is this correct?

Then, I do the same for all Power Weapons, Vehicles, and Powerups?  Are there any other items that have Common Certifications?

Once I get all Common Certifications, I then move to Silver, until I get all Uncommon Certifications and stop getting two Permanent Unlocks a pack?  Then I move to Gold?

"when you start getting 500 RP card instead of permanents, it's time to move up" Does this comment apply to Bronze and Silver packs?

Thanks for anyone's help; after reading posts for the last three days, I think I am finally starting to understand what I should have been doing with the hundreds of thousands of RP I have already spent.

SithWarrior    1836

@wolfrat depending how much your gonna play I would say it's best to go with silver packs so you still have that chance at rare items

• Like 1

hybridhavoc    728

@wolfrat depending how much your gonna play I would say it's best to go with silver packs so you still have that chance at rare items

This is a good point.  For those of us that are playing pretty much every night, dedicating all of our RP to Bronze to clear out the commons was an understandable and relatively quick goal.  For those that don't play that often, you may want at least the chance of getting something cool from REQ packs when you do open them, so Silver may be more up your alley.  For those that have spent their points on Gold, you can at least feel relieved in the fact that Gold REQ pack stuff is never common, so you're getting at least Uncommon gear.

For me, doing the bronze thing was mostly about getting all of the common loadouts and certifications quickly.  For the customizations, I don't mind getting common helmets or armor - they're all kind of the same to me anyway.  Doing the bronze pack system for the past week:

Loadouts

4 common Assault Rifles left

1 common Battle Rifle left

All common Power Weapon and Vehicle certifications have been collected.

So now I'm switching to doing Silver / Gold as I see fit, really primarily Silver just because I'm not the type to hold onto REQ points.

Primordial G00    1130

I stick to silver and gold.  Bronze packs are awarded after so much XP anyway.  If I have things left to unlock when I'm done with uncommon to legendary items then I'll start buying bronze.  I just don't want to unlock everything bronze has to offer only to keep getting bronze req packs awarded to me.

hybridhavoc    728

I stick to silver and gold.  Bronze packs are awarded after so much XP anyway.  If I have things left to unlock when I'm done with uncommon to legendary items then I'll start buying bronze.  I just don't want to unlock everything bronze has to offer only to keep getting bronze req packs awarded to me.

Also good points and a valid RP strategy.  I view the ones that are awarded to me as free points (via selling everything in them) rather than expecting to want to keep any of it.

hybridhavoc    728

You get bronze packs for free?

Your promotion packs, which you get when your SR rank is promoted (this is the number next to your name, 27 for me) are the equivalent to bronze packs.  Or at least they appear to be.

hybridhavoc    728

I get uncommon items in them I think, now I have to pay attention

Those could be the commendation packs, which I believe are the equivalent to Silver packs.  Again, at least by appearance.

hybridhavoc    728

I am still getting pretty much nothing except needlers and mongeese from the stupid bronze packs. Going to start doing Silver from here on out.

I keep hearing this from others as well, I don't understand how your luck can be so far off from my own.

ninjabjj    1288

I had Donald Trump style "huge" success with the bronze to unlock a lot of common. I'm now starting to in on silver and the odd gold but it was well Roth my while to move to bronze in the beginning to unlock the basic stuff and then go from there. Lots of strategy around this REQ system.

hybridhavoc    728

Interesting.  So the makeup of the promotion packs aren't identical to the bronze packs.  I wonder if there's any chance for a permanent.

MisterxboxNJ    430

Happened again last night. I started just holding my coin and getting silver packs instead, and, I'm still getting shit cards. BOOO req packs, BOO!

Even with the silver packs I've been getting the same shit.

Right now I have:

42 needlers

20 Fuel Rod Cannons

26 Saws

12 Ghosts

34 Mongeese

15 Speed Boost

18 Overshield

Question? Do the power up diminish your req points in game? If not, I really need to start using them more.

Edited by MisterxboxNJ
  • Like 1

hybridhavoc    728

Happened again last night. I started just holding my coin and getting silver packs instead, and, I'm still getting shit cards. BOOO req packs, BOO!

Even with the silver packs I've been getting the same shit.

Right now I have:

42 needlers

20 Fuel Rod Cannons

26 Saws

12 Ghosts

34 Mongeese

15 Speed Boost

18 Overshield

Question? Do the power up diminish your req points in game? If not, I really need to start using them more.

To answer your question, the armor mods do not diminish your req points.  The power ups like Speed Boost and Overshield do.  You keep getting the same things because those are the only things you have certifications for.  Whatever you have Certifications for, those items have an increased chance of appearing from any pack that is eligible to pull them.

MisterxboxNJ    430

That's fucking annoying. I must have bought 6-7 bronze packs over the last week and not a single weapon certification in there, same with the silver.  Starting to find the whole req packs aspect of the game annoying.

hybridhavoc    728

I haven't been able to play too much since it came out, and when I did, I was initially saving up and buying gold packs.

Fair enough.  There are certifications that are higher than Common rarity, so it's not like you don't stand a chance of getting other things.  You'll just have to first get some certifications.  One of the reasons we suggest doing nothing but bronze for a while is that they're cheaper, so you get more chances at those common certifications than you would at getting uncommon or rare.

I should also say that I sell back REQ cards very aggressively. I don't keep more than 10 of anything - even the weapons or vehicles I'm likely to use.  If I'm not going to use it, I don't keep any at all.  By selling back 95% of what I get out of my REQ packs, I'm able to buy more REQ packs overall.  There was quite a while there where the only things I would keep would be the permanents.

So this list:

42 needlers

20 Fuel Rod Cannons

26 Saws

12 Ghosts

34 Mongeese

15 Speed Boost

18 Overshield

Would look more like this for me:

0  needlers  (42 * 50 = 2100 REQ points)

10 Fuel Rod Cannons (10 * 75 = 750 REQ points)

0  Saws  (25 * 50 = 1300 REQ points)

10 Ghosts (2 * 75 = 150 REQ points)

0  Mongeese (34 * 50 = 1700 REQ points)

10 Speed Boost (5 * 50 = 250 REQ points)

10 Overshield (8 * 75 = 600 REQ points)

6850 REQ points = 5 more bronze packs.

Edited by hybridhavoc