Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SithWarrior

Halo 5 REQ cards

55 posts in this topic

I'm right in thinking the only place you can use the powerups/weapons/vehicles is in warzone, right?  Since I don't like Warzone, I sell anything that I can't use in Arena.

I'm right in thinking the only place you can use the powerups/weapons/vehicles is in warzone, right?  Since I don't like Warzone, I sell anything that I can't use in Arena.

Correct.  All consumable items are for Warzone only.  Cosmetic items like armor or weapon skins are permanent and can be used in arena.

Obviously, if there is a chance you might end up in Warzone at any point you might keep just a couple cards around for use. 

That being said regular Mongoose are garbage so sell those away!!!

1 person likes this

Yeah, was hoping I'd be able to sell them online through Waypoint but it appears you have to do them within the game.

Just sell them right when you open the req packs, at the screen where it shows what you got in the pack :)

So I'm pretty much done with the bronze-only strategy, have been for a while.  Now I'm doing nothing but silvers for a while.  Just got this week's Warzone bundle packs though, and I think I'm going to hold onto them until after the new content drops.  Not sure if they will have the chance to pull from the new stuff, but figured it's at least worth a shot.

Also, I just randomly got an Xbox Live message giving me a promotional REQ pack.  Anyone else get this?

Edited by hybridhavoc

I play Halo 5 about 20 hours a week, at the most, and I almost exclusively play Arena Breakout.  I love Team Arena, but 2/3 of the matches are now Team Slayer, which I hate.  1/10 are CTF, 1/10 Stronghold, and 1/10 Breakout.  Their random game mode/game map algorithm is a total disaster; almost as bad as Destiny worst-in-history RNG.

After buying nothing but Bronze packs since this was posted (one week, including some nights I played little or not at all), I already have all Common Certifications unlocked.  I have been selling everything I possible can, including all Speed Boosts, any vehicle without a gun, and nearly every card of which I have more than 10 or 20.  I do not ever sell any of the Boost (RP, XP, etc.) cards.

I probably bought most of my Bronze packs just selling and selling until I finally unlocked all the Common Certifications (Oni Mongoose and Urban Mongoose, both totally useless, were the last two).  Basically, I just kept selling until I got all the Common Certs, even if I was selling things I wanted, like Fuel Rod Cannons and Warthogs.  I know I will get more and better ones in Silver and Gold packs.

Now I am buying Silver Packs.  Thanks for the information!

So I'm pretty much done with the bronze-only strategy, have been for a while.  Now I'm doing nothing but silvers for a while.  Just got this week's Warzone bundle packs though, and I think I'm going to hold onto them until after the new content drops.  Not sure if they will have the chance to pull from the new stuff, but figured it's at least worth a shot.

Also, I just randomly got an Xbox Live message giving me a promotional REQ pack.  Anyone else get this?

I got it, redeemed the code, it was for a small req pack (3000 RP and 2 bonuses) and an armor set I already had (i think).

I got it, redeemed the code, it was for a small req pack (3000 RP and 2 bonuses) and an armor set I already had (i think).

Most people do but this version is the ultra rare one well most might have the common, uncommon

The common loadout cards....are the in silver or bronze packs?  I never seem to get those. I only have 2 of the BRs and 7 of the Assault Rifles and no DMRs.

Edited by MisterxboxNJ

The common loadout cards....are the in silver or bronze packs?  I never seem to get those. I only have 2 of the BRs and 7 of the Assault Rifles and no DMRs.

I think all of the Assault Rifles are common.  Some of the Battle Rifles are common.  And they are in either the bronze or silver packs.  I think you only get one shot at a "permanent" like a loadout card per bronze pack.  Two shots per silver pack.

I think buying Bronze packs is totally useless.  Silver contains Common cards, so why not just start at Silver?  Once you have all your Common Certifications from Silver, you should buy Gold and only Gold.

I think buying Bronze packs is totally useless.  Silver contains Common cards, so why not just start at Silver?  Once you have all your Common Certifications from Silver, you should buy Gold and only Gold.

Because if your goal is to get common loadouts and certifications out of your way, you're better off buying Bronze.

1 Silver pack - 5000 REQ points - Guaranteed 2 chances at a common loadout / armor / certification

4 Bronze Packs - 5000 REQ points - Possible 4 chances at a common loadout / armor / certification, plus more garbage to sell back .

Now there is the chance with each Bronze pack that you won't get even a single permanent.  You don't run that risk with silver - it's guaranteed two permanents if you have two permanents of the right rarities to unlock.  That, to me, is the only argument in the Silver pack's favor.

The only common weapon certification I'm missing is the Boltshot. I'm missing the Oni Mongoose, the Corp Scout/Scout/Urban Scout Warthogs. If I don't unlock all of those, will I be unable to get the uncommon and higher ones within the same group?

The only common weapon certification I'm missing is the Boltshot. I'm missing the Oni Mongoose, the Corp Scout/Scout/Urban Scout Warthogs. If I don't unlock all of those, will I be unable to get the uncommon and higher ones within the same group?

I do not think a lack of Common Certifications affects obtaining anything else, like an Uncommon or Rare Warthog or its Certification, or whatever.  If you are attepting to get all Req cards, open Silver packs until you get all the Common Certs., then move to Gold.  If you do not care about obtaining all cards, I would just open Gold.

After reading the OP over a week ago, I too switched my purchasing strategy to just Bronze. Like Wolfrat, it's netted me almost every common certification with just a few exceptions. Yesterday I started buying Silver and as expected I'm getting Rare and Uncommon certifications. If anyone has played more Halo 5 than Wolfrat, it's got to be me. If you're playing a lot of Arena like Wolfrat, where the guns are already on the map, then the whole collecting certifications is rather pointless. But if you're playing a ton of Warzone like I am, where the guns don't spawn on the map, then having a large poll of weapons to choose from is very advantageous. The common weapons from Bronze packs are like disposable razors, there good for that one purpose. Like if I see a Scorpion or Wraith tank coming, I'll quickly grab a common plasma pistol, charge it up and EMP the vehicle. With luck I'll either manage to destroy that vehicle or better yet high jack it.

My point is, having cheap and disposable common weapons in Warzone definitely makes buying Bronze packs a must. Why use a rare item that's hard and expensive to obtain like a legendary plasma pistol, when a common joe blow works just the same.

1 person likes this

After reading the OP over a week ago, I too switched my purchasing strategy to just Bronze. Like Wolfrat, it's netted me almost every common certification with just a few exceptions. Yesterday I started buying Silver and as expected I'm getting Rare and Uncommon certifications. If anyone has played more Halo 5 than Wolfrat, it's got to be me. If you're playing a lot of Arena like Wolfrat, where the guns are already on the map, then the whole collecting certifications is rather pointless. But if you're playing a ton of Warzone like I am, where the guns don't spawn on the map, then having a large poll of weapons to choose from is very advantageous. The common weapons from Bronze packs are like disposable razors, there good for that one purpose. Like if I see a Scorpion or Wraith tank coming, I'll quickly grab a common plasma pistol, charge it up and EMP the vehicle. With luck I'll either manage to destroy that vehicle or better yet high jack it.

My point is, having cheap and disposable common weapons in Warzone definitely makes buying Bronze packs a must. Why use a rare item that's hard and expensive to obtain like a legendary plasma pistol, when a common joe blow works just the same.

Very good points here.  I think that plasma pistols in particular are often overlooked despite how powerful they are.  The power of the commons carries to the loadouts as well - those AR variants do make some difference, particularly when it comes to the variant that does more damage to vehicles.  It's nice to have some options available - at a cost of REQ levels or not - to help you deal with the situation in front of you.

You know I'm so envious of those Ultra Ghost, they do massive damage and can take a shit load of damage before being destroyed. So I can just imagine how that guy feels when I'm standing there in the middle of the road begging to get splattered, when all of a sudden his Ghost drops dead and he's getting highjacked. Then to add insult to injury, you kill him with his own vehicle. I love my common plasma pistol, it's like shopping for a new car with a Slim Jim.

2 people like this

I submit my best case for going for higher cards, not just the common loadouts.

This is a vid of the railgun whiplash. 

:s1287: If I had aim half that good, I'd be convinced.

:s1287: If I had aim half that good, I'd be convinced.

That's the best part, apparently it has an air burst so your aim does not need to be spot on, just close.

How do you jack a vehicle in Halo 5...what is the button?  Can you jack a tank. I've come really close to tanks...standing right next to them and I never see the button press option to jack it or even plant a grenade...do you have to approach it from behind?

How do you jack a vehicle in Halo 5...what is the button?  Can you jack a tank. I've come really close to tanks...standing right next to them and I never see the button press option to jack it or even plant a grenade...do you have to approach it from behind?

I think in Halo you can't high jack tanks or wrath's and I think it's always been like that 

edit: ok fully read what you posted Im using bumper jumper and I have to Hold B to high jack or hop on Heavy Vehicle, for heavy vehicles your able to do it from the back or front

Edited by SithWarrior

I think in Halo you can't high jack tanks or wrath's and I think it's always been like that 

Default button layout, you hold X to hijack, as if you were boarding an unmanned vehicle. However, their momentum has to be slow enough and your approach has to be from the side you would normally board a vehicle.

Wraiths and scorpions can be boarded and grenaded as a one hit kill, but not hijacked.