Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xcoaste

COD Black Ops III Thoughts

27 posts in this topic

I have had the game since launch on Friday. I wasn't quite sure what to think going into the game. With the Best Buy games club bonus and $10 pre order bonus I decided it was worth a shot. I wasn't blown away by the beta, in fact it kinda pushed me a little back from it. I am starting to think that most hardcore fans are the majority of those that play the betas and I got destroyed in it!

To this date I have been pleasantly surprised. I did not enjoy the last 2 installments, but this developer seems to have given the MP maps some really good thought. The maps feel familiar to me as if they have taken elements from previous versions and sprinkled them in. I started playing the core game mode for MP to learn the maps and utilize the mini-map. I really don't enjoy core, I prefer hardcore. Once I felt I had a grasp of the maps I have stayed in hardcore. The MP feels really smooth, something i have come to expect from COD. The boost jump and wall run are used minimally in my experience. When an opponent uses those features it can sometimes give their position away. Gameplay tends to be fast, but I have found hardcore to move at a slower pace as usual. Score streaks tend to be sparse and harder to achieve then the COD glory days where chopper after chopper was being called in!

The Campaign has also been good to this point. I typically like to play most if not all the campaign first but the MP has sucked me in a bit this time. I am only about an hour into the story but like where it is going. There is a rumor that once you finish the campaign it unlocks a campaign mode with zombies, but I know nothing more of that.

Speaking of zombies, they are back. This is best played with friends, as playing solo is impossible! It is the same style of boarding up windows and spending cash to upgrade weapons.

I know a lot of people on the site have given up on COD in recent years, but with games costing more and more and including less content, I feel like this game actually has a lot to offer right out of the package. Maybe since I disliked the last 2 versions I am somewhat surprised by this one. It has pulled me away from Metal Gear for the time being, but with Battlefront around the corner, it sure will be interesting if that will hold up.

To sum it up, if I can emphasis one point about the game, it would definitely be value!

2 people like this

I've enjoyed it so far.  My thoughts on it are similar to IGN's in their review.  Several of us own it on the PS4 side and we are about to start digging deeper into the zombie mode.  If you like fps's, I think it's well worth the price of admission.

I really like it.... wya much more than the last POS one that was released.......

2 people like this

I am liking it so far as well, but I haven't really played COD MP since blops 2 so I don't know how they have been for a while.

Too bad we are a community divided by consoles or else we could have scratched together a game night!

Too bad we are a community divided by consoles or else we could have scratched together a game night!

It really is a shame. On PS4 we basically play something every night. It's one of those nice side effect of having had a large Destiny group that has mostly moved onto other games.

I still dream of a day when consoles can cross-play properly.

3 people like this

If I run and gun, I get my ass shot off and finish with single digit kills near the bottom of standings with a 0.50 k/d. If I move slowly, checking corners tactically, I finish with single digit kills near the bottom of the standings with a 1.0 k/d.

I don't see how players can get 20-40 kills in 8 minutes. Hell, I don't ever see the enemy that many times

1 person likes this

If I run and gun, I get my ass shot off and finish with single digit kills near the bottom of standings with a 0.50 k/d. If I move slowly, checking corners tactically, I finish with single digit kills near the bottom of the standings with a 1.0 k/d.

I don't see how players can get 20-40 kills in 8 minutes. Hell, I don't ever see the enemy that many times

I often have this problem in FPS'.  I assume it's because the people better than me are killing them all too fast :s1195:

1 person likes this

I managed to go like 26-9 in one match, I think it was the map with the crumbled buildings, can remember the name. I play on HC and I mostly peek around corners, walk slow and look down the sights alot. Usually though I go like 11-9.

Gens one reason I find I'm all over the map statistically. Warzone in the larger map setting is my worst for getting kills. I arena much better but even that can fluctuate quite a bit. Very strange

I managed to go like 26-9 in one match, I think it was the map with the crumbled buildings, can remember the name. I play on HC and I mostly peek around corners, walk slow and look down the sights alot. Usually though I go like 11-9.

Grats!  You've always been much better in shooters than me, but do you run-n-gun or do you move forward cautiously?

Grats!  You've always been much better in shooters than me, but do you run-n-gun or do you move forward cautiously?

I move pretty cautiously, lots of slow walking staring down the gun. Also after you learn the maps well enough you can pretty much guess where the other team will be at least until the first spawn swap. Also play hardcore if your not already.

At least we still play games... zing! :s1148:

1 person likes this

Woot, I managed to go 14-11 in hard core TDM last night and got 3rd place with the final kill shot as the cherry on top!

2 people like this

I love hardcore kill confirmed in this game doesn't have it. I had a 1.2 kill death ratio in kill confirmed on bo2 and was in the top 100,000 at one point in score per minute.

It's nearly impossible to run and gun in core kill confirmed like I did on black ops 2. So far I'm not enjoying my time hopefully I'll get better if I don't get better soon I may call it quits. Shitty part is I've already paid for the season pass so I guess I'll stick around and suck it up.

I love Treyarchs call of duty games, but this one I'm no good at so far.

lol yea I was going to say I saw HC kill confirmed and wtf were you smoking, but hey at least you saw it.

Awesome, I prefer kill confirmed too. Battlefield Hardline introduced Bounty Hunter with the Criminal Activity DLC, which is basically the same as kill confirmed. Unfortunately, too few people bought the DLC so there are never any servers running Bounty Hunter. Hopefully KC on CODBO3 will get some players.

1 person likes this

I have found that hc kill confirmed helps my kd so that is what I will be playing.

2 people like this

Awesome, I prefer kill confirmed too. Battlefield Hardline introduced Bounty Hunter with the Criminal Activity DLC, which is basically the same as kill confirmed. Unfortunately, too few people bought the DLC so there are never any servers running Bounty Hunter. Hopefully KC on CODBO3 will get some players.

Hc kill confirmed is great, tough for a slow old guy but worth buying the game for. I'm gonna check out bounty on hardline too :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently purchased this game for XB1 only because I dot a hell of a deal. Over the span of several nights I'm getting connection issues and no stability online. Yet in any other game like halo it's smooth. Is this a common issue anyone else experienced? Loving the game by the way.