• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
Wyvern13

Fallout 4 Tip Thread

Wyvern13    445

Let's get a tip thread going. As we learn little things or find an interesting spot, we can share them. Avoid listing spoilers!

Here's a Kotaku tip thread on crafting. Not a lot of information, but something to get you started on the robust & unexplained settlement crafting.

They also had an article about how to get the Cryolator (freeze ray shotgun) in the Overseer's office in Vault 111 even if you're not a master lockpick. Take Dogmeat down there & have him find items. He'll grab the gun out of the case. It comes with 200 ammo which might be in Dogmeat's inventory. It's a good weapon in that it can freeze enemies close in though they don't stay frozen for long.

• Like 3

Alex    991

When you first meet a trader named trashcan Carla, greet her with the sarcastic choice. She'll give you a discount on everything she sells and she travels to your sanctuary town. Very useful.

MadWik    2123

A source of oil can be made, similar to the vegetable stock. I'm always running low on oil to build turrets for my settlements.

At the Chem Station: Categories–>Utility—>Cutting Fluid

You need: Acid (2), Bone (8), Purified Water (2), Steel (3)

Here's the link where I found it.

CaptNink    1345

Y'all might have got this already, but at the start of the game, make sure you go back and loot your former house. You can pick up the Grognak comic off the counter and there is a "You're SPECIAL" book in the baby room under the change table.

Chuckles    920

I'm playing on "Survival" which isn't anything like "Hardcore" from NV.

But the enemies are tougher, seem smarter and I've gotten five legendary creatures (maybe six), each with legendary weapons, and I think I just got to level 11.

Wyvern13    445

Kotaku has a bunch of threads with tips, tricks & locations of rare items.

Here is one for the Alien Blaster. They don't say which direction to head in the text, but I think the location is east of Oberland Station.

Speaking of the Alien Blaster, I was at the first Red Rocket doing some improvements when some movement in the air caught my attention. I turned & thought I saw something streaking in the direction of Lexington. I went over there to investigate but didn't find anything.

Oh, another thing, I thought I had cleaned out one of the satellite stations. Turned out I hadn't. The raiders had all re-popped and most of the loot had regenerated also. I'm pretty sure I had looted the place mostly as the intelligence room was unlocked even though the game gave me another key. I also saw that the Fat Man toting raider on the skybridge in Lexington had re-popped so I must be missing on getting the cleared out done in some areas.

Yelgis    54

Loot will also respawn sooner than 3 days if you get a repeatable quest for the area. Fallout 4 seems to have a radiant system like skyrim where you can get quests over and over again from each faction. If the quest has you go to or clear out an area you have already cleared enemies will respawn in it and most lootable items will as well. 

Cbaoth    657

To help keep track of your progress folks check out Fallout4map.  It's interactive & you can mark things as being found. The downsides are that it's potentially somewhat spoilerish, but you can cross out certain things (like the Bobblehead locations, holotape locations, perk magazine locales, etc.  it's quite in-depth), also if you're playing more then 1 Fallout 4 game it's equally problematic.  

txag79    123

Have not seen a tip on here yet on where to find a complete set of X-01 Power Armor. Let me know if you want the info or you can Google it. it is a fun fight to get it.