Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SithWarrior

SWBF Thoughts

33 posts in this topic

So far I'm enjoying the game, spawns could use some fixing but other then that still good.

but if you feel only having 4 maps to play on is complete bullshit then don't get it and wait for some type of bundle that gets you the game and season pass at a discount, personal I'm gonna wait for the first DLC before I get the season pass(on PS4, not sure about PC version)

"Game wise" the weapon selections are low and the map count is even lower than Destiny's (?!?).

But it's Star Wars.

A very pretty Star Wars.

This game is wish fulfillment that I've had since the first time I watched the movies.

I'm rrrreeeeeeaaaaallllyyyyy hoping they do more with the speeder bikes.

There's no "balancing" of levels. Doesn't matter too much with the weapons themselves but the abilities that can be purchased seriously skew the odds towards the higher levels.

So jumping into an X-wing and trying your hand at strafing the enemy may be a good idea.

Have I mentioned the all-fighter battles?

When the two large groups of star fighters first converge, the furious and desperate pounding of blasters, the sudden explosions of lost comrades rippling through the furball...

Perfection

1 person likes this

I'm having fun with the game. It's looks and sounds great, and they did an excellent job putting you in the Star Wars galaxy. The various game modes are nice and it's a good way to add some variety to the gaming session.

Their in-game party system sucks! All of the previous Battlefield games have done a great job at implementing a strong, effective squad system. This time, it's like a bunch of noobs started over.

The Hero tokens need to spawn in more random locations.

This game loves head shots, and if you have really good eyes and fast reflexes, you can score head shots from across the map with any blaster. Otherwise, it takes several shots to kill someone. I suck at head shots and I'm tired of squinting at the screen.

Despite all my complaints, it's a fun shooter. Play Star Wars and don't take it too seriously.

I enjoy playing the game quite a bit, but I too recognize the flaws.

As Chuckles said, it looks great and sounds better. When your headphones are cranked you genuinely feel blaster fire whizzing by your head. The Tie fighter scream and rumble of the millennium falcon's engines take you to a galaxy far, far away.

The spawn points are crap. I've died four times in a row just spawning in to the sights of an enemy. The power ups also need to be random, as Wik said. In games with an objective too many people bolt for the power ups, ignoring the objectives. The camo favors the rebels in most maps; it's easy to look out of place in a tan or green map when your uniform is white as snow. Melee attacks never seem to connect, and when they do no damage is inflicted.

I haven't seen any discrepancies because of level, to be honest. Once you hit 13 and get the jump pack you're basically done.

This game loves head shots, and if you have really good eyes and fast reflexes, you can score head shots from across the map with any blaster. Otherwise, it takes several shots to kill someone. I suck at head shots and I'm tired of squinting at the screen

I've been using the E-11 blaster rifle and I have found hip-firing from close to mid range and only "aiming" at long range has worked the best (since hip-firing can get random head shots), before I was aiming all my shots and people would beat me ever time till I started doing that

This game loves head shots, and if you have really good eyes and fast reflexes, you can score head shots from across the map with any blaster. Otherwise, it takes several shots to kill someone. I suck at head shots and I'm tired of squinting at the screen

I've been using the E-11 blaster rifle and I have found hip-firing from close to mid range and only "aiming" at long range has worked the best (since hip-firing can get random head shots), before I was aiming all my shots and people would beat me ever time till I started doing that
it is realistic to the movies! Stormtrooper aimbot!

Thanks for the tip! I'll try it. :good:

So aiming is ineffective?!?

Too much source material, Dice. Too much...

So aiming is ineffective?!?

Too much source material, Dice. Too much...

Sorta, yeah. They said aiming & crouching do not affect your character's accuracy, but aiming does make it easy for you to see distant targets.

But it's Star Wars.

A very pretty Star Wars.

There's no "balancing" of levels. Doesn't matter too much with the weapons themselves but the abilities that can be purchased seriously skew the odds towards the higher levels.

+1 x2

this is one of the best looking games i've every played. Endor is amazing. Not only is it stunning, but the forest reacts to damage. trees that are shot break and fall in a natural way. all maps look fantastic.

i also hate the 'unbalanced' nature to start PvP. got destroyed the first couple games. a combination of not knowing what to do AND objectively being worse, having crappier guns.  The first couple games you play you don't even have grenades unlocked yet!

but unbalanced levels and not giving new players a reasonable shot at success that is a criticism i have for many many online multiplayers. SW:BF is hardly unique.

Their in-game party system sucks! All of the previous Battlefield games have done a great job at implementing a strong, effective squad system. This time, it's like a bunch of noobs started over.

The Hero tokens need to spawn in more random locations.

Despite all my complaints, it's a fun shooter. Play Star Wars and don't take it too seriously.

again, +1 x2

Last night me and a couple other TAGers spent about 10/15min talking in party chat trying to figure out how the hell to join a fireteam and enter games together. 

The hero emblem is a problem and will become more of one going forward. Now that I have a sense to play the games [and have leveled up enough to frikken unlock grenades...] I know to look out for the hero emblems. But I think ive only seen an unclaimed emblem once. feel like the only way to get them is to outcamp your own teammates.  which is not a fun way to play the game.

but yes, I am having fun. And I would recommend the game to any fan of Star Wars. I';ve played my share of Star Wars branded games [going back to Rogue Squadron on N64], and this def has the best 'feel' for the universe. for sure. the mechanics are not great. and, like other reviews have said, the game does feel shallow. but it is so much fun to run around and not give a hoot about my k/d ratio.

2 people like this

So should I buy this game?

no! You don't like Star Trek! :p
1 person likes this

I would murder someone's mother for a good Star Trek game.

In spite of some of the games glaring flaws, we always have fun when we're playing.

Good point!
to clarify, it was a joke. Hustler claims that he has never seen the movies!

It is a lot of fun as a arcade, non-competitive shooter. From all few weapons to all the vehicles, turrets, etc, varying different objective based game types, it is just a lot of fun.

1 person likes this

I think it is a ton of fun.  Maps are small and compact.   They are going to need to add content quickly to keep the momentum going. 

I hope they roll out some larger BF4 style maps with land and air vehicles that can really get involved.  

Good point!

It is a lot of fun as a arcade, non-competitive shooter. From all few weapons to all the vehicles, turrets, etc, varying different objective based game types, it is just a lot of fun.

No, I never claimed that. I have claimed that I don't really care about the series or any sci-fi for that matter.

Good point!

No, I never claimed that. I have claimed that I don't really care about the series or any sci-fi for that matter.
oh...please Hustler! You are going down a dark path that i can't follow!

I have no particular affinity for Star Wars or sci-if in general.

I've never seen the third prequel, and I've seen the other five movies maybe once or twice each.

I haven't found that hampers my enjoyment of the game. I'm familiar enough with the source material I think it's cool, but total fanboyism is not integral to your enjoyment of the game.

I went back to Call of Duty... :s1308:

Star Wars looks great, like stated, best visual game I have played. But you have to play with friends to enjoy it, for me anyway. Nobody talks, and so much of the game modes are objective based. While it is fun, it really isn't that great of a shooter. BUT there are other games for that. Still the best Star Wars game out there, but I feel it is lacking in content. On the fence about trading it in. Kinda disappointed since I did like the beta.

It's a good game to play. Yeah, it would be more fun with more communication.

Can cheese through with a large group. "Partner" up and you can rejoin with the same moving group if you're kilt.

I went back to Call of Duty... :s1308:

Star Wars looks great, like stated, best visual game I have played. But you have to play with friends to enjoy it, for me anyway. Nobody talks, and so much of the game modes are objective based. While it is fun, it really isn't that great of a shooter. BUT there are other games for that. Still the best Star Wars game out there, but I feel it is lacking in content. On the fence about trading it in. Kinda disappointed since I did like the beta.

I played some Blops 3 on Friday night and after that I just stayed on SWBF, I find the arcade style more fun and it's been easier to play with friends.

yes map wise it sucks right now but there's plenty of game modes to play that are fun(but better with friends just like any other game) and I really like that the game doesn't play like Halo, Destiny, Call of Duty, or Battlefield it's DIFFERENT not unique but it doesn't have that feel like I just played this game type of feel, which I have had between Halo/Destiny/Cod

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0