• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
MisterxboxNJ

TAG Halo 5 Forgers Guild

MisterxboxNJ    430

Figured I would create a separate thread for Forge related Halo 5 discussions. Looking forward to getting my hands on all the new tools and seeing all the different building blocks we will be give to work with. 

I'm hoping that anyone with questions can come here and we'll be able to help each other figure out anything that we're getting stuck on. And, as they're created, post some videos of tutorials for Halo 5 Forge as they're released.

I'm hoping we could play test each others maps in custom game nights one night a week and give each other some feedback on spawn points, weapons placement, issues with the geometry, etc. As we get the maps in playable condition it would be cool to work our own maps into the custom game night as well.

My two ideas for maps

1. 4-sided/4-team version of Halo CE: Boarding Action

2. Nakatomi Plaza -- a high rise building

• Like 1

hybridhavoc    714

I will definitely be all over this.  Frankly there are times when I want to play Halo but I don't really want to play Halo if that makes any sense.  Forge was my safe haven, and I plan to spend quite a bit of time in it.  The only specific idea that I have thus far is remaking Foundation, which I know will have to be quite different in order to accommodate Sprint and to make use of thrusting and clambering.  Looking at that map in particular for 4-team carnage.

I do think it would be awesome if we had enough forgers to run customs on our own without necessarily bothering the rest of TAG - some playtesting can be frustrating if spawns aren't right or the map is unbalanced, and I hate taking a completely unfinished product to those that don't really get excited by forge. 

MisterxboxNJ    430

We should do a hand off map. Each person gets to work on it for a while and then hand it off to the next person who can then make any additions and changes to the map they want and then pass it on to the next person.

hybridhavoc    714

We should do a hand off map. Each person gets to work on it for a while and then hand it off to the next person who can then make any additions and changes to the map they want and then pass it on to the next person.

That sounds like fun.  Could be a shared TAG side project kind of deal.  We each get a week with it at a time or something.

hybridhavoc    714

Penis.

It's going to be in the shape of a penis.

Our first group design decision has been made.  Either the map itself will be made in the shape of a penis, or the primary structure(s) of the map will be.

Strongbad11    106

Penis.

Yes, and the ghosts on the map will spawn inside of a long tunnel with only one way out.

I will see myself out.

• Like 4

BDaddyK    1105

Penis.

Yes, and the ghosts on the map will spawn inside of a long tunnel with only one way out.

I will see myself out.

Make sure to shoot your way out...

MisterxboxNJ    430

Well.....I was kind of hoping to keep it serious...like a map we could actually play on versus a big penis shaped map.....

However, if you guys want to do a giant penis map, we could do a mess around map as well.

hybridhavoc    714

Ugh, 16 more days of not building awesomeness.  Maybe I'll have time to complete GTA V before my single player time gets lost in nudging building blocks around a pixel at a time.

MisterxboxNJ    430

Was hoping it was early December....but, whatever, happy its finally coming! 

That's a Sunday night so I should get to mess around with it that night. Going to make sure I download it as soon as the update comes out. I wonder how many gigs its going to be?

hybridhavoc    714

LoL.  Actually not a terrible idea.  Except for the need to open Destiny again to learn the maps.

Yeah, that's the downside.  I was hoping to talk someone else into doing recordings or step-counts to get dimensions.  This wouldn't be such an issue if Crucible had custom games.  Could just start up a custom and go do it quickly, but noooo.

hybridhavoc    714

I'm already loving the additions to this Forge.  Got some work in last night on the rough draft of my first map.  4-team map inspired by Foundation.  Not a pure remake.

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

• Like 1

MisterxboxNJ    430

Went into Forge last night and just did a fly around of the new map Overgrowth.  It was actually really helpful to fly around it to see the weapon placement on the map. When spawning in as Blue head right to the active camo was my strategy when I played it. Was able to get it three times within one game.  Great 4v4 map IMO.

Anyone with videos or sreenshots of your creations please show em.

Edited by MisterxboxNJ

hybridhavoc    714

I need to take screenshots and clips of what I've created thus far.  I'm working on setting the finishing touches to a third map.  And I believe I need to straighten out some spawning issues on my breakout map.