• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
MisterxboxNJ

TAG Halo 5 Forgers Guild

MisterxboxNJ    430

For anyone interested...check out my file share. Under bookmarks I have 15-20 different maps which are remakes of old Halo maps. Some appear to be really good remakes from what I can see.

hybridhavoc    714

For anyone interested...check out my file share. Under bookmarks I have 15-20 different maps which are remakes of old Halo maps. Some appear to be really good remakes from what I can see.

I took a look at most of them, some are pretty good.  I deleted others from my bookmarks.  

MisterxboxNJ    430

There are way more than that available...check my file share. I must have about 15-20.  Frozpot is working on a remake of Hang em high which is pretty good and I know he's said he's going to give both Prisoner and Boarding Action a shot as well. At this point I never really got a chance to mess around with Forge and I don't know if I'm going to bother. Seems like a huge time sink and I barely get to play as it is.

hybridhavoc    714

There are way more than that available...check my file share. I must have about 15-20.  Frozpot is working on a remake of Hang em high which is pretty good and I know he's said he's going to give both Prisoner and Boarding Action a shot as well. At this point I never really got a chance to mess around with Forge and I don't know if I'm going to bother. Seems like a huge time sink and I barely get to play as it is.

It's certainly not for everyone.  It can be a time sink, though far less than in the past.  This looks like it could be fun though:

• Like 1

MisterxboxNJ    430

Narrows was a fun map. Unfortunately, he says the name of the forger who created it but without a gamertag it'll be hard to find it....nevermind the person who posted it listed his gamertag as Zandril S312 so we could probably find it in his bookmarks. Also original creator is in the comments section Resivore is his Gamertag.

Edited by MisterxboxNJ

hybridhavoc    714

We need this map.

This is completely off topic, but why does everybody on YouTube feel like it's necessary to do some kind of weird ass accent?

I went ahead and added the map's creator as a friend on Xbox Live.  Will be grabbing this map tonight.

MisterxboxNJ    430

I just wish there was a little more color to the map, aesthetically its kind of bland. You guys down for customs on Thursday night?

@hybridhavoc @strongbad11

Edited by MisterxboxNJ

hybridhavoc    714

I just wish there was a little more color to the map, aesthetically its kind of bland. You guys down for customs on Thursday night?

You know I'm always is.

Strongbad11    106

Aye

Primordial G00    1130

Inspiration has come.  I think I'll use an Idea I made in Halo Reach I was rather proud of and make it uber with Halo 5 tools.  It's a one flag map that features a creature.

hybridhavoc    714

I looked at Forge. Only smaller maps?!?

I don't understand your question, primarily because it seems to only be half of the question.

Primordial G00    1130

I looked at Forge. Only smaller maps?!?

I don't understand your question, primarily because it seems to only be half of the question.

Look at the Alpine or Parallax maps.  They are gigantic pallates made for forging.  Otherwise, if you're looking at some user created content, i could see that they might be making small maps considering the time it takes to do something large scale.  If that's not the answer to your question, I'm with Hybrid.

In other news, I tried implementing said inspiration last night (starting it anyway) and I decided not to chance it after the second time I was disconnected from the servers.

Chuckles    920

I has ideas and even dicked with the tools (they don't come across as intuitive) but could only access the smaller map types/areas/whatever.

hybridhavoc    714

I has ideas and even dicked with the tools (they don't come across as intuitive) but could only access the smaller map types/areas/whatever.

You would want to look at Alpine, Glacier, or Parallax maps.  They are basically just huge canvas maps to give you plenty of room to forge.  BTB maps like Guillotine, Standoff, and Entombed were built on just fractions of these canvas maps.

hybridhavoc    714

So last night we got to play some customs on many of the Forge maps we've gathered from Forgehub members and other locations.  I thought I'd talk a little about each of them.  Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anywhere that I can see the stats for custom games so this list may not be comprehensive.

Remakes

Chiron - Well the map was certainly well made and is true to the original, it was still just as hated as ever.

Ascension - This was one of the favorite remakes of the night.  It is both incredibly accurate and still plays very much like the original.  At least for our game of rockets.

Countdown - It probably shouldn't be surprising, since it's one of the more modern maps to have been remade, but this played pretty well in Halo 5.  It's already a very vertical map, which lends itself pretty well to the Halo 5 groundpounds in particular.  Would like to see some changes made in order to allow for clamber opportunities.

Battle Creek - We only played this once pretty early in the night.  It's a beautiful looking map that ultimately did start to play a good bit like the old one with a lot of activity focused on the teleporters behind the bases.

Hang 'em High - This was Frozpot's design and I think it went over pretty well overall.  Given, we were playing it with the Havoc game mode, which effectively shrunk what is a huge map.  At its current scale, this may only be a real option for 8v8 in normal gameplay.  Some initial spawns had us spawning outside of the map.

Sandtrap - This map had tons of laughter, though little of it actually came from the gameplay itself.  It's still a well-built map however that played pretty similar to the original.

Narrows - Maybe one of my own favorites of the night.  While the map itself is rather large, the narrowness of the bridge keeps combat there from getting too wide spread, and the man cannons on each side work to shrink things down a bit further.  A very true to the original remake.

Rats Nest - Hard to tell, as this one crashed the game for pretty much everybody.  What we saw of it brought some serious concerns about the scale of the map compared to the original.

Ivory Tower / Remembrance - Another one of my favorites, but I was always fond of this map.  It offers a wide variety of play styles, and the map is pretty accurate to the original with some scaling issues.

Foundation - The scale on this remake was all sorts of messed up, and the map wasn't completely setup for the CTF game we tried to play on it so we had to call it quits early.

The Pit - Played well enough, with a lot of hard-fought battles for the flags.  With that said, texture clipping is a big issue all over this map, at least in this version of it.

Originals

Mystic - This is a relatively small map with a lot of 90 degree corners and hallways.  Relatively confusing, it has a Halo CE feel to it while still being completely original.  I think even playing this in a 4v4 setting would feel cramped, however.

Delinquent - An arena map with strong ties to Warlock and Derelict, this map feels and looks good enough to have come from 343 themselves.  It played pretty well even with our 6v6 setup at the time.  It was a little cramped, and there was some issue with people having not found the teleporters to get to the second level.  This leads me to believe there should be some or more clamber opportunities to move from the first to second level.  Would be a great map for 4v4 gameplay.

Beaver Jump - My own most recent map.  Turned out to be much better during play than I had originally thought.  The massive teleporters at the top really seemed to slow down play a lot at that part of the map.  I'd be curious to see if this still happened in CTF as opposed to Team Slayer.  The spawns also need to be reworked essentially from the ground up.  Unsure if this is because of lines of sight or a misunderstanding of the spawn volumes.

MisterxboxNJ    430
5 minutes ago, hybridhavoc said:

snipped

Remakes

Chiron - Wasn't around early enough to play this. Not sure why anyone would want to...I always found that map confusing as hell.

Ascension - Definitely a well done map in terms of scale and aesthetics. Would be cool for a 4v4 team slayer or CTF map

Countdown - I wasn't around for this and couldn't remember which map it was until I looked up some pictures. Definitely a vertical map. I'm curious as to how ground pound and clamber would effect gameplay.

Battle Creek - I didn't get to play in this match but I checked out this map on my own and it seemed like a pretty faithful remake from what I saw...would

Sandtrap - There was some problems with the initial vehicle spawns on this map. There were three warthogs where we spawned in and one was on top of the other two. I did notice that the rockets re-spawned way too fast as well. Also, was there a banshee on this map originally? I don't remember there ever being one...it really dominated the map, as did the sniper up in the crashed ship off on the hillside...was really tough to approach that hill and not get sniped in that wide open space.

Narrows - Excellent reproduction. would be a very good 4v4 or 5v5 match...it was a little overcrowded with three teams though.  The one thing I did notice and used, which changes the gameplay of the map was the ability to take the man cannon half way across the bridge and the use the boost to land in the center of the bridge....could be a very quick way to get to the rockets in a two team game...rather than running down into the center where the snipe spawns were you can man cannon, boost right or left, drop down to the bridge lower level and grab the rockets. Could make for a fun rocket race by each team.

Rats Nest - Easily the worst remake of all the maps. Most of the other bad maps at least look a little like the map they were inspired by. This map looked absolutely NOTHING like the original.

Ivory Tower / Remembrance - Didn't get to play this one...Ivory Tower is a great rockets map as well.

Foundation - The scale was a mess....I wonder if the creator intentionally made it bigger to account for sprint. Intentional or not, it just messed with the game play of the map.  Not having the flag spawns could mean it was an incomplete map.....but, with the scale being so far off, I think its another map I'll just dump.

The Pit - I didn't notice any of the clipping but I thought it was a pretty well done map in terms of scale and aesthetics.

• Like 1

Hoptimus    1123

Some of them turned out really well and some need work with changing the color just a tad so it is not so monotone. Chiron can go eat a bag of dicks.

hybridhavoc    714
3 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

Some of them turned out really well and some need work with changing the color just a tad so it is not so monotone. Chiron can go eat a bag of dicks.

I've deleted Chiron from my bookmarks.

• Like 1

Chuckles    920

I played around with Forge and am step-by-step becoming happy with it.

It could be user friendly but there's a lot that can be done. It's easier if you're any good at Twister.

Tomorrow I'll look for "switches" (if/then).

• Like 1