Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
MisterxboxNJ

TAG Halo 5 Forgers Guild

On 1/10/2016 at 10:37 PM, Chuckles said:

I played around with Forge and am step-by-step becoming happy with it.

It could be user friendly but there's a lot that can be done. It's easier if you're any good at Twister.

Tomorrow I'll look for "switches" (if/then).

Over the weekend I started working on a map that uses scripting and basic item movement to have the map changing as people are playing on it.  If you have any questions on the scripts, just let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hybridhavoc said:

Over the weekend I started working on a map that uses scripting and basic item movement to have the map changing as people are playing on it.  If you have any questions on the scripts, just let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

That works! I has ideas.

GRAND IDEAS!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MisterxboxNJ said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k1D6W1yM9XtcJFV5y1Zif86SmjqVaHiCY0sERWSP5kQ/edit#gid=0

A google doc spreadsheet of every single remake....pretty awesome.

This one gamertag apparently has most (but not all) of the maps on that spreadsheet in its fileshare:

H5 Forge Maps

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, hybridhavoc said:

This one gamertag apparently has most (but not all) of the maps on that spreadsheet in its fileshare:

H5 Forge Maps

Pretty sure that gamertag is maintained by 343 so it should be a good source of the best community maps going forward.

So I've been working for several weeks now on a Halo 5 remake of Twilight Gap from Destiny.  I'm at the point now where I'm replacing basic blocks with aesthetic ones and will eventually be adding lighting and spawns and everything.  I'll try to post up some screenshots of my latest version in the next couple of days.  This one has been taking me quite a while, and I'm way over on my lightmap right now.  Kind of getting to the point where I'm questioning if I'll be able to bring the lightmap back down to a reasonable level at all.

• Like 3

Has anyone been using Halo Forge for Windows 10? Just downloaded it and planning on investing some time with it. If so, how different and from Forge ij previous games? How different from H5 XB Forge? Suggestions?

19 minutes ago, RockinYankee said:

So...just me, huh?

Think so. I don't have a PC capable of running Halo 5: Forge.  Otherwise I might, just because already being on a PC would make it easy to use other tools for drawing out map designs.

• Like 1

Hmm...that would be cool.  H5 Forge editor is SOOO much different than past Forge, and I am noobin..... so was hoping to confer with others. Maybe you know Havoc...  not sure but is there console cross play with this now since the recent update for customs?  For the PC update  you can now jump into dedicated custom servers, and its pretty cool.  Would be even cooler to bring a party in with me.

Hmm...that would be cool.  H5 Forge editor is SOOO much different than past Forge, and I am noobin..... so was hoping to confer with others. Maybe you know Havoc...  not sure but is there console cross play with this now since the recent update for customs?  For the PC update  you can now jump into dedicated custom servers, and its pretty cool.  Would be even cooler to bring a party in with me.

No cross play, and I hesitate to call their implementation "custom servers", as do they, given the expected feature set of a server system compared to what they have. The custom game browser is on console as well, just no cross play of any sort.

• Like 1

I used to love Forge, just haven't had the time the last two Halos to keep up with the changes. It amazes me to see what people are putting together and it's cool that they added the browser to both the web site and the game for finding custom games, game types, forged maps and pieces.

Some of the maps that people are creating now are insane, as are the custom game types. Extermination is awesome. 

1 hour ago, BDaddyK said:

Some of the maps that people are creating now are insane, as are the custom game types. Extermination is awesome. 

Oh yeah.  Extermination is a blast, one of the most fun things that I've played in Halo in a long time.  Here's the Forgehub link:  https://www.forgehub.com/threads/extermination.154948/

And a link to their Forge guide for creating maps for the gametype if anyone is interested:  https://www.forgehub.com/threads/extermination-forging-guide.154952/

• Like 2