Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cbaoth

Enhancing followers &...

31 posts in this topic

Is it possible to give or make armor for Codsworth, in the same way that you can give armor to Dogmeat?  if so, how?  

Also can you do trading (establish supply lines) between your settlements?  If so, how? Would I have to somehow set up my own trading caravans in some way? 

For Xbox-

In your build mode highlight a settler (just look at 'em) and the options on the bottom (Right Bumper) show SUPPLY LINE.

Selecting that will bring up a menu of your current settlements. Select one and then confirm.

The two settlements will be immediate linked.

There is apparently a limit on how many supply lines a settlement can receive. I had everything going to Sanctuary. After about 5-6 I can't send anything there but I can still send out from Sanctuary.

May want to put more thought into the lines than I did.

I'm still paranoid about not armoring 'em up.

Supply lines are great when done correctly. You don't have to spoke it, use a daisy chain, that way you only lose one settler per settlement, and the inventory goes all the way across. My current furthest out is 9 hops and still working.

Also armor for followers, nick can use power armor and he doesn't burn cores, I've had him in it for around 20 hours on the same core, the only time it's dropped is when I have to get in to do repairs, sometimes you have to get in to get some pieces out.

I love nick but I'm stuck with him currently. If I dismiss him to any settlement he goes there then walks out and off the edge of the map. I had to experiment and roll back saves

Is there a way to reset the supply chain? It'd be great

I put Caity in armor then left her at the Red Rocket. Dogmeat's armor is just a vanity item (no defense stats). I have him in googles, camo bandanna & dog armor. Didn't like the dog helmet. I haven't tried Nick in the power armor. Just have one full set and a couple of rusty sets laying around the Red Rocket.

Is there a way to reset the supply chain? It'd be great

I put Caity in armor then left her at the Red Rocket. Dogmeat's armor is just a vanity item (no defense stats). I have him in googles, camo bandanna & dog armor. Didn't like the dog helmet. I haven't tried Nick in the power armor. Just have one full set and a couple of rusty sets laying around the Red Rocket.

I use the 3 hour wait/sleep trick to get the provisioneers to show up, if one 3 hour doesn't catch the ones you want another will.

Depending on how far you are in the story you get a t60 set for doing some work on the thing that appears at the end of act 1. Sorry to be vague, half of the games side quests are not available until you finish act 1.

Also the higher level you are you can find some on raider camps in the wild. I have nick in a t45 and t60 mixed set. He can take 2 nukes without going down in it. My t60 set can shake off 3 nukes but I have t60e

Nothing for Codsworth though? Frak.

The only thing for him is a bowler hat I believe

Supply lines are great when done correctly. You don't have to spoke it, use a daisy chain, that way you only lose one settler per settlement, and the inventory goes all the way across. My current furthest out is 9 hops and still working.

How did you daisy chain it?  Did you simply wait for the settler/follower to show up at the new spot, then link them to the next one in your chain?  Or can you daisy chain them from the get-go (Example:  Starting off in Sanctuary, linking them to where you found Dogmeat, then linking that to say the drive in movie theatre area)?  

How did you daisy chain it? Did you simply wait for the settler/follower to show up at the new spot, then link them to the next one in your chain? Or can you daisy chain them from the get-go (Example: Starting off in Sanctuary, linking them to where you found Dogmeat, then linking that to say the drive in movie theatre area)?

You got it. You send one provisioneer to base A, then at base A you send a guy to B, at B you send a guy to C, rinse repeat. That way to only lose one settler at each base. And your resources are available all the way down the line.

A bowler hat for Codsworth?!?

Haaaaaaaa!!!

How did you daisy chain it? Did you simply wait for the settler/follower to show up at the new spot, then link them to the next one in your chain? Or can you daisy chain them from the get-go (Example: Starting off in Sanctuary, linking them to where you found Dogmeat, then linking that to say the drive in movie theatre area)?

You got it. You send one provisioneer to base A, then at base A you send a guy to B, at B you send a guy to C, rinse repeat. That way to only lose one settler at each base. And your resources are available all the way down the line.

It can't be 1 follower/settler/whatever for the entire chain?  So if I wanted Strong to be the supply line/trader from A to B to C to D & back to A, etc. I couldn't do it?  

I don't think so (haven't tried).

Every selection has always been for one settlement to another, etc.

No it's one settler per link, right now for instance I have one from sanctuary to red rocket, one from red rocket to starlight, one from starlight to the farm up north, one from the farm to the castle and so on all the way to Somerville.

New information though. Not only do companions in power armor not burn cores, but they also don't burn the cores for the gatling laser, meaning you can give a companion armor with 1% charge, a Gatling laser and another 1% core and you've got a companion in power armor with unlimited ammo for a kick ass weapon... Oh mamma

1 person likes this

New information though. Not only do companions in power armor not burn cores, but they also don't burn the cores for the gatling laser, meaning you can give a companion armor with 1% charge, a Gatling laser and another 1% core and you've got a companion in power armor with unlimited ammo for a kick ass weapon... Oh mamma

That's awesome news! Strong is about to get a weapon upgrade!   :s1009:

That's awesome news! Strong is about to get a weapon upgrade! :s1009:

I haven't found strong yet, I love nick

That's awesome news! Strong is about to get a weapon upgrade! :s1009:

I haven't found strong yet, I love nick

I just found the former kid from Little Lamplight, next on my list is Curia.  After her/it I'll see about a former raider turned merc, or go after the Endurance Bobblehead.  Piper is already maxed out as far as the relationship things go.  

I have Piper, Codsworth and Strong maxed. Wish I had done Piper much earlier.

No idea who Nick is.

It's a valid point! You get extra booty for tappin' dat booty.

I have Piper, Codsworth and Strong maxed. Wish I had done Piper much earlier.

No idea who Nick is.

You have piper but not nick? They are like 10 yards apart...

I'll go a-huntin' after work.

I'll go a-huntin' after work.

In diamond city, go behind the vendor area to the Valentine detective agency. It'll kick off the quest for him.