• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
Sign in to follow this  
MaynardJames82

Is R6 Siege a deal at $40 used?

MaynardJames82    542

I'm still torn on which platform to get this on, but I know I want it and might get it on both for around $80.

2 questions for those who feel it's well worth it for me to pick up at $40...

What platform do you play it on and do you play PvP mainly, PvE mainly or a healthy mix of both?

Palamino    459

I got it on ps4 for $30 thanks to best buy reward zone certificate. I have only played it one night. All we played was pve terrorist hunt.

Wyvern13    445

Wolfrat & I are on most nights on XBL playing this. I wouldn't recommend getting it on 2 platforms. It's a fun game and a very tactical shooter, but there are some issues especially on PS4 & PC. XBL servers have been mostly stable over the last week. It is also a steep learning curve.

The terrorist hunt gets boring after a few matches. Like most other games, PvP is the real meat.

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

Based on Ubi's recent history, I'd expect to see it on a daily sale for $30 new within a few weeks. Once that happens, I'll be back on PS4 playing terrorist hunt nightly.

• Like 1

MaynardJames82    542

Wolfrat & I are on most nights on XBL playing this. I wouldn't recommend getting it on 2 platforms. It's a fun game and a very tactical shooter, but there are some issues especially on PS4 & PC. XBL servers have been mostly stable over the last week. It is also a steep learning curve.

The terrorist hunt gets boring after a few matches. Like most other games, PvP is the real meat.

You are the only person that I've seen post about the ps4 version having issues, I'd like to hear from those who own it on ps4.

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

You are the only person that I've seen post about the ps4 version having issues, I'd like to hear from those who own it on ps4.

I ran into very few issues during the PS4 beta. For what it's worth. I also had no issues in the couple of rounds I spend on the XBO beta.

Wyvern13    445

Look at reddit. They might've fixed them with server side patches already.

I wouldn't recommend getting 2 copies of the game.

MaynardJames82    542

Sorry I should have said you were the only one I heard say that the ps4 version was having more issues than the Xbox version l, I'm well aware the game is not perfect and has some issues, I just really enjoy 1 life game modes

Wolfrat    526

Maynard, check the PS4 Active Roster and talk to those folks.  A bunch of us are loving this game on Xbox One and playing it every night.

MaynardJames82    542

Are you playing mainly pvp, pve or a mix? I really wish I hadn't blindly thrown money at halo 5 and black ops 3, if I had that $160 still this would have been an easy decision. This is the downside to buying digital, I need to learn to rent before I buy.

Even though I played betas of both of those games I couldn't remember that neither of them pulled me away from destiny for very long, hell neither did r6 siege, but I know it offers a no respawn atmosphere and I really enjoy the rush associated with that.

• Like 1

MaynardJames82    542

Looks like I'm going to have to rent it, my wife is not happy with my recent spending spree. Problem is finding a good time of the week to get my feet wet.

So much going on in Destiny between raids, trials and testing out the new weapon balance patch.

If any game were to help me put down Destiny, this just might be it.

Wyvern13    445

Yeah, I was lucky that I made most of my money back on Halo 5 and skipped BO3.

Wolfrat & I are trying to be mostly multiplayer, but the game is very frustrating. We're running around a 0.3 win/loss ratio which is terrible. I think some people are only doing Terrorist Hunt which gets old after about an hour. The single player Situations took about one or two hours to do and get 3 stars on all 10. And then there's no reason to ever do them again.

MaynardJames82    542

So far I'm not too impressed. Game crashes each time you unlock a new operator, the drop to 30fps in Terrorist hunt is really noticeable, twice in a span of 10 minutes teammates got disconnected from the match. Also, the gunplay just feels weird, maybe it was the no aim assist in mp, then aim assist allowed in t hunt.

I know I have a lot to learn, just not sure if the frustrations and the appeal of going back to leveling my new guardians on ps will ultimately keep me from learning the tricks of the trade and the appeal of this game as it stands now. If I'm lucky the patch will come out before I return this X1 rental copy from GameStop.

I really didn't get too hyped for this game after hearing about the delays, when December 1st was announced I didn't believe it, I think they would have done way better if they fixed some of the bugs and released it in late winter/early spring. It seems as though the microtransactions were put into place to make up for the anticipated poor sales.

Wolfrat    526

So far I'm not too impressed. Game crashes each time you unlock a new operator, the drop to 30fps in Terrorist hunt is really noticeable, twice in a span of 10 minutes teammates got disconnected from the match. Also, the gunplay just feels weird, maybe it was the no aim assist in mp, then aim assist allowed in t hunt.

I know I have a lot to learn, just not sure if the frustrations and the appeal of going back to leveling my new guardians on ps will ultimately keep me from learning the tricks of the trade and the appeal of this game as it stands now. If I'm lucky the patch will come out before I return this X1 rental copy from GameStop.

I really didn't get too hyped for this game after hearing about the delays, when December 1st was announced I didn't believe it, I think they would have done way better if they fixed some of the bugs and released it in late winter/early spring. It seems as though the microtransactions were put into place to make up for the anticipated poor sales.

You are the first person I have ever heard of who has the game crash on Operator unlock.  Maybe the disc is scratched.  We have been playing Terrorist Hunt and MP with few issues.  People do get dropped sometimes, and people also quit out of matches a lot, just like every other Xbox Live game ever made.

This game is extremely challenging to master.  When you suck at it, is extremely frustrating and unpleasant.

MaynardJames82    542

No games run off of the disc in either current gen system.

I was informed by friends that if I unlock an operator and no audio plays, that the game will crash or freeze shortly after the video. Both operators I unlocked had no audio play during the trailer and my game froze up within a few minutes of the unlock. When I unlocked the 2nd guy I just restarted the game before proceeding.

When new players joined the party they were asked whether they were unlocking a new character or not, if they wanted to unlock someone we'd just play a match and wait for them to restart the game.

Surprised you haven't experienced that or maybe just haven't connected the dots. I assume this is why the vids were withheld from the betas as they were Aware of the problem then.

MaynardJames82    542

Maybe it's a problem with external hard drive support. I know I didn't have any crashing issues with big hardline until I started running it off my 4tb external. There were at least 3 other people playing with me who have had the same issue, don't know if they all use external hdd or not.

MadWik    2123

You are the first person I have ever heard of who has the game crash on Operator unlock.  

It has happened to me, Ghost Touched, Feffernoose and Beefstick. It only seems to happen if we're in a party.

But, it's such a minor issue and really nothing that affects gameplay. Just restart it and rejoin.

• Like 1

Ghost Touched    358

I also experienced the in-game disconnect twice yesterday. Randomly in terrorist hunt I would be dropped from the squad and booted to the main menu.

What Madwik says regarding the operator video unlocks is true; we are conditioned to skip them now just to avoid the potential game freeze.

QuiGonGinRummy    2666

I also experienced the in-game disconnect twice yesterday. Randomly in terrorist hunt I would be dropped from the squad and booted to the main menu.

That was the only occasional issue I ran into during the beta. Not surprised that it's still lingering.