Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wyvern13

What I enjoy about R6S

14 posts in this topic

Okay, so we have a lot of posts complaining about aspects of this game. How about one where we state what we like?

Last night I was in 2 different 5 person groups. Played mostly MP and I think we only lost one or two matches.

The destructible environment is fun. Not everything can be breached or shot through. Using both destroyable & indestructible to your advantage is a fun aspect.

The sound is very good. With surround sound & a good ear, you can use the sound also to your advantage.

I think the game looks good. Maybe my cut-rate 1080p TV isn't so good or whatever, but I like the look & colors in the game.

Team communication is an important aspect. Much as with Titanfall, being in a squad of people talking and planning together can make the difference between losing and winning. Once one person is down, they are often able to check cameras or drones and provide key information to those left.

Most of the operators are useful. There is still some tweaking to be done here. I encourage folks to step outside your comfort zone and learn how to use more than one or two very well (this applies to me also).

I think it is good if Ubisoft's servers have been stretched. That means that the number of people playing and their amount of time playing are exceeding expectations. There is still a lot of needed support for the game. If Ubisoft sees more interest & playing of this game than they thought, maybe they will go against type & support it better. 

1 person likes this

I enjoy the gameplay most. Very reminiscent of the old Rainbows and playing with a full squad is awesome.

I enjoy the gameplay most. Very reminiscent of the old Rainbows and playing with a full squad is awesome.

Derp, I forgot to mention the gameplay. The game takes a bit to learn, mostly for getting to know the maps. The gameplay is fun. I've learned to be very careful about going into openings - be they breaches, doorways, windows, or turning a corner.

I agree with the sound being awesome, I always crank my headset. When I'm straining to hear footsteps I find myself holding my breath, as its that accurate.

The rounds are quick, so even if your team is getting waxed you won't have to suffer for too long before you can regroup.

I have fun with a full known team. I've admittedly never played with a PUG.

I still think Terrorist Hunt is in my top five games this year. Still just waiting on that inevitable quick sub-$30 sale.

1 person likes this

I still think Terrorist Hunt is in my top five games this year. Still just waiting on that inevitable quick sub-$30 sale.

This right here. I had tons o fun playing TH in the beta.

That is too bad. We would love to see you two playing with us. It has value at the retail price right now.

It's a fantastic game

It's been my experience in past when these type of stability issues arise it takes months to fully iron out which by that time the interest is lost. That's too bad. I hope I'm wrong and they did this instantly. I came close to pulling the trigger on it last night until I started watching twitch matches where people were dropping constantly and unable to play a fuid match basically. I love the series and it's too bad this has happened. Not acceptable in my books these days.

R6S game play is great, but the matchmaking needs work.

On 1/5/2016 at 5:39 PM, LaziestNinja said:

It's been my experience in past when these type of stability issues arise it takes months to fully iron out which by that time the interest is lost. That's too bad. I hope I'm wrong and they did this instantly. I came close to pulling the trigger on it last night until I started watching twitch matches where people were dropping constantly and unable to play a fuid match basically. I love the series and it's too bad this has happened. Not acceptable in my books these days.

Make no mistake, this game is fantastic.  It is one of the funnest and most challenging videogames I have ever played.

1 person likes this

What I don't get is how the game can go from pretty good online experience in the beta (functionality wise) to the state it is in the retail release. I haven't played the retail game, though, going by what Wolf says it sounds pretty bad, I played the betas and they were all pretty stable (finding a match, joining friends, gameplay and stability).

23 hours ago, BDaddyK said:

What I don't get is how the game can go from pretty good online experience in the beta (functionality wise) to the state it is in the retail release. I haven't played the retail game, though, going by what Wolf says it sounds pretty bad, I played the betas and they were all pretty stable (finding a match, joining friends, gameplay and stability).

It's a really fun and challenging game.