• Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
Sign in to follow this  
CaptNink

WOW - Halo MP is....really good!

CaptNink    1345

I haven't played Halo mp since Halo 2, but my son got Halo 5 for his birthday last weekend and I thought the Warzone MP mode sounded really intriguing. I gave it a go the other night.

I have to say - I really like it! First of all, any game that adds "card packs" as part of the mechanic has got me by the balls right from the start. But I had lots of fun -- I really like how you not only have to focus on the other team, but also the AI enemies as well. It was great!

• Like 2

MisterxboxNJ    430

Yeah, and if you get sick of Warzone you still have the classic Halo Multiplayer in Arena....which is where you'll find a good majority of the guys who play with the TAG Spartan Company.  Still, from time to time we jump into Warzone as well.

It definitely can be addictive. I enjoy opening up that packs and seeing what I get. I can't imagine coming into Halo this far from release, the game has a pretty steep learning curve, and with Warzone, there are a lot of people who've unlocked a lot of the higher weapons and just destroy you if you run around all willy nilly.

• Like 1

I haven't played Halo mp since Halo 2, but my son got Halo 5 for his birthday last weekend and I thought the Warzone MP mode sounded really intriguing. I gave it a go the other night.

I have to say - I really like it! First of all, any game that adds "card packs" as part of the mechanic has got me by the balls right from the start. But I had lots of fun -- I really like how you not only have to focus on the other team, but also the AI enemies as well. It was great!

Welcome back spartan.

• Like 1

CaptNink    1345
14 minutes ago, MisterxboxNJ said:

I can't imagine coming into Halo this far from release, the game has a pretty steep learning curve, and with Warzone, there are a lot of people who've unlocked a lot of the higher weapons and just destroy you if you run around all willy nilly.

Well, I don't expect to dominate anyways. If I manage to squeeze out a couple of kills per match, I'd be happy. :D

• Like 1

Strongbad11    106

Hey Cap, glad you checked it out and are enjoying it. 

Some don't really like warzone, but I love it. It caters to all play styles.

If you see me online, just added you, just join in. I am typically running with HybridHavoc dropping peoples shields for him to finish off.

• Like 2

hybridhavoc    714
29 minutes ago, Strongbad11 said:

If you see me online, just added you, just join in. I am typically running with HybridHavoc dropping peoples shields for him to finish off.

Same goes for me.  I'm generally happy to play with anybody, I honestly don't care if you're super competitive or not.  As Strong said, I'll gladly steal kills all night.  While I tend to prefer the Arena, I can bring myself to do some Warzones.

CaptNink    1345

I'd love to play Thursday night, but I teach an evening class on that day, so no can do. At least not until the end of March.  :|

So most of you like Arena instead of Warzone? Is Warzone too un-Halo like?

Frozpot    35
22 minutes ago, CaptNink said:

I'd love to play Thursday night, but I teach an evening class on that day, so no can do. At least not until the end of March.  :|

Mostly we don't like it 'cuz it sucks a Bag O' Dicks.... That's why @hybridhavoc likes it....

studknckl    987

I like Warzone but mainly play Assault. Regular warzone takes too long. Frozpot you should embrace the bag o' dicks. 

Frozpot    35
15 hours ago, studknckl said:

I like Warzone but mainly play Assault. Regular warzone takes too long. Frozpot you should embrace the bag o' dicks. 

uBvAuPd.gif

• Like 1

Primordial G00    1130
20 hours ago, CaptNink said:

We fall on different sides of the fence.  Warzone can be a lot of fun, but when our group gets together and we matchmake with 12 people it actually can make it a little too hard as we get other teams of 12 that are more organized.  I've had more success playing in groups of 2-3. 

One of the biggest issues most people have, I think, is that the games can be long.  If you lose, it takes a long time to do so.  I personally enjoy just going in without caring what my K/D or W/L ratio's are, calling in cool guns and machines, and applying them to the opposing force.

• Like 2

CaptNink    1345
37 minutes ago, Primordial G00 said:

I personally enjoy just going in without caring what my K/D or W/L ratio's are, calling in cool guns and machines, and applying them to the opposing force.

Yeah - that's what I like about it too.

MisterxboxNJ    430

Sent you a friends request CaptNink.

Dem req points from full Warzone. I'm really enjoying Warzone more and more. I still prefer the classic 4 v 4 Team Slayer over everything.  I really am starting to get bored by BTB. Just really haven't enjoyed the matches too much lately.

• Like 1