Welcome to The Adult Gamer!

We are a 21 and older multiplatform gaming community comprised of people from all walks of life, playing all sorts of games!
Join Us

Chat us up on our Discord server

There's always a friendly face and hilarious commentary going on; feel free to introduce yourself!
Click Here

Destiny 2 is Hot Hot Hot!

Spread across all three platforms, TAG has an excellent representation in Bungie's newly launched Destiny 2 title. We're active and passionate about our space raiding, but laid back enough to take anyone.
  • Announcements

• BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
    • Hoptimus

T-SHIRTS are LIVE!!!   09/18/17

We have new TAG T-Shirts ready to go!!!   https://shop.spreadshirt.com/TheAdultGamer/   LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT! 15% off with coupon code: welcome-100206469
scotty918

PvZ Garden Warfare 2

Didn't get to play much but the little I did if you can't shoot well go with rose and you won't miss much and she hits hard. I pretty much stick with my favorite characters from the first one. haven't put much time in with the new characters so can't really comment. played the backyard battle ground with my kid and was having fun with that glad they added in the single player stuff. Would be nice if they let you play multiplayer split screen since they said you were going to be able to do everything that way so maybe they'll fix that down the road.

1 hour ago, Made33 said:

Didn't get to play much but the little I did if you can't shoot well go with rose and you won't miss much and she hits hard. I pretty much stick with my favorite characters from the first one. haven't put much time in with the new characters so can't really comment. played the backyard battle ground with my kid and was having fun with that glad they added in the single player stuff. Would be nice if they let you play multiplayer split screen since they said you were going to be able to do everything that way so maybe they'll fix that down the road.

They had a split screen type of thing for the Xb1 version (I guess the PS4 version too).  This is absent from the PC version though.  

Yea you can do the backyard battleground and garden ops coop but wasn't letting us do multiplayer modes like gardens and graveyards. Unless it's just a problem on my end. I'm playing on the xbox.

18 hours ago, Made33 said:

Yea you can do the backyard battleground and garden ops coop but wasn't letting us do multiplayer modes like gardens and graveyards. Unless it's just a problem on my end. I'm playing on the xbox.

According to the PVZ website:

Go solo playing against AI opponents or locally in split-screen* co-op across any mode in the game (no Xbox Live Gold or PS Plus memberships required).

*Split-Screen available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One only.

Not sure if there's something special you need to do? I haven't tried split-screen yet.

I played for the first time last night solo just to roam around the Backyard Battleground - and I immediately got that itch:

• "Just one more quest and then I'll go to bed."
  • "Just need two more stars to open that chest!"
  • "Hey there's a cactus over there with a quest!"
  • etc etc.

It took me months to get clean of Destiny, but I can feel it coming back with GW2. There's so much to do in just the overworld alone - really impressed.

Anyone on PS4 feel free to add me: Ayumex. Make sure to mention that you're from TAG.

• Like 3

Ayumex as soon as I finish Fallout 4 this is my next one I think I have you my FL already so I'll hit you up on PVZ II as soon as I get it if I see you on for sure

Cheers

Calvin

• Like 1

I just played Raise the Flag with my son and it was probably one of the most frantic and fun experiences I've had in a shooter in a long time. We managed to raise the flag completely, after which there are just endless waves of bosses. There was so much happening on the screen that the PS4 was dropping frames. We survived a few waves of this before we finally couldn't get back into the circle to clear the zombies. So many bosses (I think at one point there were 3 Gigantaurs, 2 Mech Gigantaurs, and a few Disco zobies).

Playing classes with good crowd control was really useful. We were a Fire Pea and a Kernel Corn.

@Calvin Great! If you have GW1, make sure to import your characters to get a head start.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, taintedzodiac said:

That's a...  thorny question.

Bd dum tss

The new classes in general are a tad OP in my view, which is why in one of the PvP modes it's strictly original classes.  So far people are basically using the class(es) they were from the 1st game, but that won't last long.  Good luck if you're battling one of the Super Zombies or were dumb enough to allow the imp to summon his robot.  

On the plant side, the Rose is just a good all around support character (arguably the best one, since you don't really need to aim with her).  Mix her with The Citrus/Tank on the plant side & you have a very deadly duo.  

• Like 1

On 2016-02-29 at 9:42 AM, taintedzodiac said:

That's a...  thorny question.

A lesser forum would have continued the pun for another two pages.... but I'm glad we're leafing it alone.

I played Rose for the first time last night to see what the fuss was all about. I think the Goat cooldown could be a little bit longer or maybe Goatify 2 targets per hit max. The auto-tracking of her primary fire is a bit aggressive and should probably track less. Zombies should get better counters for Rose too like the Stun mines and grenades should pull her out of Arcane Enigma.

I played Garden Ops earlier with 2 Citrons, 1 Sunflower, and I was a Ice Pea. EMP + Chili Bomb = awesome.

@taintedzodiac - want to group up once Calvin is done roaming the wasteland?

@scotty918 - What console you playing on? Thank goodness there's no relic.

Edited by ayumex

9 hours ago, ayumex said:

A lesser forum would have continued the pun for another two pages.... but I'm glad we're leafing it alone.

I played Rose for the first time last night to see what the fuss was all about. I think the Goat cooldown could be a little bit longer or maybe Goatify 2 targets per hit max. The auto-tracking of her primary fire is a bit aggressive and should probably track less. Zombies should get better counters for Rose too like the Stun mines and grenades should pull her out of Arcane Enigma.

I played Garden Ops earlier with 2 Citrons, 1 Sunflower, and I was a Ice Pea. EMP + Chili Bomb = awesome.

Her "ghost" ability is the gorilla in the room.  Currently as she gains levels it lasts longer, it's not really noticeable in the 1st few levels but once you start going from 3 to 4 & on you notice.  She is essentially invincible while in this form & she has an area attack ability while in it (which reduces the time she can be a "ghost" each time she attacks).  It doesn't mean squat vs the larger Zombies; but a group of the lesser ones clustered, & she can probably take out said group in 2 or 3 attacks from this ability.  That ability has saved me more then a few times in Garden OPs.  I can imagine how deadly it'd be in PvP.  

13 hours ago, Cbaoth said:

Her "ghost" ability is the gorilla in the room.  Currently as she gains levels it lasts longer, it's not really noticeable in the 1st few levels but once you start going from 3 to 4 & on you notice.  She is essentially invincible while in this form & she has an area attack ability while in it (which reduces the time she can be a "ghost" each time she attacks).  It doesn't mean squat vs the larger Zombies; but a group of the lesser ones clustered, & she can probably take out said group in 2 or 3 attacks from this ability.  That ability has saved me more then a few times in Garden OPs.  I can imagine how deadly it'd be in PvP.  

It's really a matter of most of her abilities being powerful on their own. Having all of them on the same character is just insane. In PvP, you have a character who gets free hits for aiming anywhere near you (including around walls at times), can become invulnerable, and worst of all can frustrate you be making you character useless not once but twice. In casual shooters, being able to make someone unable to do anything is a big no-no.

• Her auto attack doesn't require much aiming. In a game where most other classes require pinpoint accuracy to hit a moving target, this is powerful.
  • Time Snare not only makes the target a sitting duck, but can also silence the target so that they can't use any abilities to get out of it.
  • Arcane Enigma is, as you said, basically a "you can't touch me" button.
  • Goatify... yeah, we all know how annoying this one is. :D
  • Like 1

Goatly you can work around to a small extent.  As a goat you can still attack & you'd be surprised at how much damage the goats ram does, particularly after a decent enough charge/run.  

I'm awaiting how EA addresses these things.  Rose is one of the more obvious examples, the Imp with his bot summoning ability & Super Zombie are pretty broken.  The last thing people want is "nerfing" of their favorite class(es).  

5 hours ago, Cbaoth said:

Goatly you can work around to a small extent.  As a goat you can still attack & you'd be surprised at how much damage the goats ram does, particularly after a decent enough charge/run.  

I'm awaiting how EA addresses these things.  Rose is one of the more obvious examples, the Imp with his bot summoning ability & Super Zombie are pretty broken.  The last thing people want is "nerfing" of their favorite class(es).  

At least the Imp has very little health.

@ayumex I'm playing it on the X1.  BTW, sorry for being an asshat during the Crota raid awhile back ☺️.

I'm playing this every damn night. Count me in any group. I'm a pretty good buttcrack plumber. On XB1

Edited by YAY HORSEYS

12 hours ago, YAY HORSEYS said:

I'm playing this every damn night. Count me in any group. I'm a pretty good buttcrack plumber. On XB1

Just added you. I'm playing the every night except Thursday.