• Announcements

• Duke大王

TeamSpeak License Expiring 9/1/2017   07/31/17

Our TeamSpeak License will be expiring by September 1st, 2017. I encourage everyone who still may be using the TeamSpeak server to migrate over to our Discord server before then to continue chatting with your buddies. You can click here for further instructions.   
    • BDaddyK

New to TAG? Start Here!   08/01/17

Welcome to TAG! Our community encompasses all aspects of gaming, from Consoles, PC to mobile and handheld, we love all facets of gaming.To become better acquainted with the community a great place to start is with an introduction: Hello! My name is...   Here at TAG we strive to be an all inclusive community where adult gamers can share their passion for all types of gaming. We want TAG to be a great place for all of our members, and for them to enjoy their time here. To that end please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for our community:  TAG policy and guidelines   Thank you, TAG Council
Wolfrat

Titanfall 2 Worldwide Reveal: Sunday, June 12th, 2016

Wolfrat    526
  • Like 3

Wolfrat    526

Titanfall 2 will almost certainly be one of only a handful of games, the others being Splinter Cell titles, in which I actually pay for Limited Editions and Season Passes, and other types of wasteful nonsense.  We have been counting the days until Titanfall 2 since 2014.

BDaddyK    1106
1 hour ago, xcoaste said:

There almost needs to be a single player campaign for me to buy.

I couldn't care less if there is no single player again. They just need to have constant content updates, that was the one downfall of TF. It needed new mechs, weapons, gear, etc, not just maps. Fix this for TF2 and the game will be bliss. 

thebigjay19    198
16 minutes ago, BDaddyK said:

I couldn't care less if there is no single player again. They just need to have constant content updates, that was the one downfall of TF. It needed new mechs, weapons, gear, etc, not just maps. Fix this for TF2 and the game will be bliss. 

Respawn was a small developer at the time with an untested game/IP. What they did was amazing by those standards. That said, I would put money on TF2 being bigger and more polished this time around. The only thing I'm worried about is that TF2 will lose its focus, its balance. I don't want five different smg's, ten assault rifles, etc.

• Like 3

Dr Superb    2342
21 hours ago, Wolfrat said:

Titanfall 2 will almost certainly be one of only a handful of games, the others being Splinter Cell titles, in which I actually pay for Limited Editions and Season Passes, and other types of wasteful nonsense.  We have been counting the days until Titanfall 2 since 2014.

did you say new splinter cell game?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LackOfHarmony    405

I'm so looking forward to a new Titanfall. I have loved the old one and even found a "squad" to play it with that makes it really enjoyable. I suppose I need to thank @Wolfrat for introducing me to them. :D

• Like 1

hybridhavoc    714

I'll be curious to see how it goes.  This is one of the games that I picked up when I got bored of Destiny, and I did rather enjoy it for the little while I played it.  With that said, I don't think I enjoyed it quite on the same level as some of you clearly did and its sequel is not a guaranteed day-one purchase for me.  I'll wait for more details.

thebigjay19    198
3 hours ago, hybridhavoc said:

I'll be curious to see how it goes.  This is one of the games that I picked up when I got bored of Destiny, and I did rather enjoy it for the little while I played it.  With that said, I don't think I enjoyed it quite on the same level as some of you clearly did and its sequel is not a guaranteed day-one purchase for me.  I'll wait for more details.

Did you end up playing this mostly by yourself? With a team it's a great experience!

hybridhavoc    714
4 minutes ago, thebigjay19 said:

Did you end up playing this mostly by yourself? With a team it's a great experience!

Yeah, just matchmaking.  You were all already done with it by then, and the only TAGgers I had on my FL were Destiny players.  Beyond that, I found myself enjoying the mobility and fluidness of the infantry unit far more than the Titans.  I just felt like a big slow target in my Titan, never really have any great motivation to use it.

• Like 1

Deadmeat    268

Battlefront made me swear off day one buying.  And pretty much guaranteed I would never deal with EA's season pass/paid DLC stuff. But I'm pretty sure I'll break all those rules for Titianfall 2.  I can't wait to see how the Elite controller works with the parkour (actually I guess I could try to load up the original and see how it works right now) 

hybridhavoc    714
30 minutes ago, thebigjay19 said:

Don't skip Titanfall 2. It's going to be big around here. Come join us. :)

If it's good I probably won't skip it.  But I can't vow to purchase it this far out, when I know in the back of my head there's a possibility that it will get played for two weeks then abandoned because they didn't do enough that was new or the end game is boring or half of us put a month's worth gaming into it in the first week.  With Titanfall, they hadn't put out a game in 9 years and they could effectively put out a solid game and be appreciated for what they had made.  Now that they have that recent success fresh in our minds, they are going up against the ridiculously high expectations and flighty imaginations of the gaming community.

I'm just going to reserve judgment instead of hopping on the over-hype bandwagon.

• Like 1